ADVERTISEMENT

Chinander

I already stated what I think on that topic. Why are you so obsessive over it? Does it make you lose sleep at night or something?

Yes it does.

I just wanted to make sure so if Chinander is not let go we can remember that Frost did not do what’s necessary. We can continue to talk about how Frost is some offensive genius until we are blue in the face but none of it will matter until he gets real on the other side of the ball.

The drop off in #7 has been noticeable all year. He was a monster last year. I've seen others make excuses about his role being changed, etc. A prime example of how the coaching is just not working for these guys.

Not an excuse, it's a fact, just watch games from last year to now. Did you see him out wide on WR or RB last year? Seldom, he was coming hard on blitzes and when they guessed right, he looked like the monster you think he is. If he has to read the play, he is sunk.

His offense is designed to be a big play, quick striking offense that puts up a lot of yards and a lot of points. We are so early into this yet that not all things are in place yet to have the O be as explosive as it eventually will. Some of the adaptations of the offense will be incorpting some "Big Ten Weather" stuff into the offense.

On D it is about turnovers and keeping teams below a certain threshold of points. Frost isn't looking to have the #1 defensive and never will push for that. A functional defense that can make plays to win games.

In 8 losses under Frost, we are one score away from 8 more wins or the other way, 8 more defensive stops.

We are literally 3 drives away from having a 7-2 record.
Why the heck wouldn't you push to have the #1 defense? Wisconsin and Michigan State have been top 10 in defense and they don't recruit any better than us. With the way the Big 10 plays football, it should be a lot easier to have a top 10 defense, and we should be striving for that. If we have a head coach that doesn't even try to have a good defense, then it's pretty doubtful he's going to have much success here.

I see no reason we can't at least have a top 40 defense, if not top 25 and yet still operate a Frost style offense as it stands. There shouldn't be such a disconnect if there are quality schemes and real time adjustments being made on defense to shut another team down and yet continue to throttle on offense. Happens all the time in the NFL, no?

I hope for Frosts sake he lets Chins go. If not, he's going to start to lose players and recruits, and Frost will eventually go down with him. I hope he can get past his own loyalty and stubbornness and do as he says. To do what's best for our program, HIS program. Can he truthfully continue to look in the mirror day in day out this off-season or years ahead and continue to actually believe Chins defense is what's best for us? Either that or he's delusional, but he doesn't come off like that. Lost at times maybe, but not delusional

I'll admit I was all for giving Chins another year or two against popular opinion. But after these past 2-3 games, i just can't anymore. Call me frail or call me smart, I don't really care. I'm not alone in the sentiment.

Reactions: HominidHusker
Trying to strike while his seat is hot.

Its not at a bad thing. Not looking at the offense at all....would Chinander be a welcome change for Iowa at DC?

.....thought so.
Im not insane enough to want to replace Phil Parker but I do acknowledge that Iowa’s defensive rankings in the top 10 owe much to the offensive scheme and philosophy. With sf’s methods on O Iowa’s fundamentally sound defense wouldnt be top 10 for sure.

All this proves is that Chinstrap Chinander sucks when our offense is good and also sucks when our offense is bad.
One thing many aren’t acknowledging is that your DC is likely running the D your OC and HC are asking for.
Im sure you are aware that At Iowa the OC is the scape goat but guess what that style is likely what the DC and HC are asking for.

Neb knew exactly what we were getting with Chins. This should really surprise no one. He is running the exact same D he ran at UCF. There are only a couple of stats that matter for the scheme: PPG allowed and Turnovers gained. Nothing else matters except maybe 3rd D conversions. Here are some numbers from UCF and NEB with Chins. He is generating the TOs this year. If he can clean up 3rd Downs to get his PPG in the mid 20s, he'll have basically the same performance as his last year at UCF.

Code:
         Plays Total D    PPG          3rd D     TOs
UCF 2016 (851):  113    37.7 (117)  .475 (122)   13 (115)
UCF 2017 (1008):  39    24.6 (42)   .290 (6)     26 (18)
NEB 2018 (826):  100    36.4 (115)  .431 (99)    12 (115)
NEB 2019 (895):   94    31.3 (88)   .432 (103)   20 (56)

Chinander has been a DC for 47 total games (UCF and NEb). Of those 47 games his D has allowed a team to score 50+ 3 times. 40+ 8 times. 30+ 23 times. 20+ 34 times. He has held a team under 20 13 times. Right now his teams are averaging 27.36 ppg. That average would put us in the 60s and 70s most years. Im sorry but that is not going to cut it. It just isn't. I know Nebraska has had a tendency to to hire and fire coaches and staff. I know we need stability, but Chinander has be a DC for almost 4 full years. That is enough data to have a pretty good idea of what you are getting out of a coach. That data suggest he isn't going to be good enough. Just my opinion.

Frost is going to have to cut him loose eventually. This was the one thing I questioned when Frost brought his staff, because most of these guys are his friends outside of football.

People will say but, but, but the offense... I can see potential in the offense. It seems like that part of the team can get much better with some better execution.

The defense is just ugly. Why do we have three linebackers in on 3rd and long? Bo wouldn't get out of his nickel match defense and Chins likes to ride his base defense. WTF.

I honestly think he will need to go eventually. Frosts decision or nondecision on this will tell me alot about Frost, and whether he puts Husker football first.

Chins isn't getting fired anytime soon tho.

Why the heck wouldn't you push to have the #1 defense? Wisconsin and Michigan State have been top 10 in defense and they don't recruit any better than us. With the way the Big 10 plays football, it should be a lot easier to have a top 10 defense, and we should be striving for that. If we have a head coach that doesn't even try to have a good defense, then it's pretty doubtful he's going to have much success here.

Because Frost isn't going to take 9 minutes to score 3 points like WI. Frost would rather score 21 points in 9 minutes. Hence the other team will get more yards. The more turnovers the more you can score, quickly. You will see what I am talking about once Frost has this rebuilt.

Because Frost isn't going to take 9 minutes to score 3 points like WI. Frost would rather score 21 points in 9 minutes. Hence the other team will get more yards. The more turnovers the more you can score, quickly. You will see what I am talking about once Frost has this rebuilt.

One big problem. The Big Ten plays defense. Frost is finding that out rather quickly.

The other problem? Chinander will likely be giving up 24 points in those 9 minutes.

Reactions: husker2612
Im not insane enough to want to replace Phil Parker but I do acknowledge that Iowa’s defensive rankings in the top 10 owe much to the offensive scheme and philosophy. With sf’s methods on O Iowa’s fundamentally sound defense wouldnt be top 10 for sure.

Don't tell me you wouldn't want a 2017 UCF type offense to go with that defense this year tho.

They MIGHT not be top ten but still in the top 25 and that combo can land a team in the NCG.

All teams have to do is throw underneath crossing routes to make 3rd and long. Teams scheme to get our linebackers on wide receivers and running backs. Tight end release and drag in front of our linebacker's face and are ten yards away before we start chasing them. Why, why, why! Would you have Barry and Collinson in on 3rd and 15?

Why don't our linebackers redirect crossing routes? That means shove them. So many bad things. You don't have to be a great athlete to play good football, but you have to be put in a position to succeed.

Thank you Red Scowl. Been saying that for weeks and you just said it better. Scheme gets you into position. To much (most of) the time our defenders are not in position to cover players or to make tackles. Of course then it adds insult to injury when we are in position we do not make the play then either. However we are not in position more often than we are. Perfect example was last season against Iowa on 4th and 8 and we played 15 yards off their tight ends when their tight ends were their best receivers. Our alignments and reads are wrong more times than they are right. A player does not have to be a great athlete to be in position. Huskers are not getting that part of the equation right enough to worry about not being athletic enough to make the play! That is coaching!

Whether Chinander stays or goes is a question for after the season and will be determined by his ability to adapt and fix obvious weaknesses. The question at hand is, "can we stop the crossing routes" on 3rd down that teams are exploiting. We look good 1st and second down but lost on 3rd down. Our coaches need to have a plan that players can execute. Opposing coaches have studied us and will continue to exploit us on 3rd downs until our coaches find a fix.

Reactions: dinglefritz
Thank you Red Scowl. Been saying that for weeks and you just said it better. Scheme gets you into position. To much (most of) the time our defenders are not in position to cover players or to make tackles. Of course then it adds insult to injury when we are in position we do not make the play then either. However we are not in position more often than we are. Perfect example was last season against Iowa on 4th and 8 and we played 15 yards off their tight ends when their tight ends were their best receivers. Our alignments and reads are wrong more times than they are right. A player does not have to be a great athlete to be in position. Huskers are not getting that part of the equation right enough to worry about not being athletic enough to make the play! That is coaching!

I don't have a problem with Chins scheme. I have a problem with his solution to 3rd and long and not going into a nickel or dime defense.

Reactions: pahusker139
Frost beat Big Ten teams at Oregon and UCF. And Auburn.

And Mike Riley had multiple major upsets while at Oregon St. Big whoop

Doing it week in week out in a big boy conference is different than beating a bad Maryland team while at UCF. If Frost’s plan is to simply turn games into a shootout and try to out score teams in this conference he’s going to fail.

And Mike Riley had multiple major upsets while at Oregon St. Big whoop

Doing it week in week out in a big boy conference is different than beating a bad Maryland team while at UCF. If Frost’s plan is to simply turn games into a shootout and try to out score teams in this conference he’s going to fail.

Those were not upsets dummy. They were elite teams destroying other big time teams.

Whether Chinander stays or goes is a question for after the season and will be determined by his ability to adapt and fix obvious weaknesses. The question at hand is, "can we stop the crossing routes" on 3rd down that teams are exploiting. We look good 1st and second down but lost on 3rd down. Our coaches need to have a plan that players can execute. Opposing coaches have studied us and will continue to exploit us on 3rd downs until our coaches find a fix.
Unfortunately I'm afraid that the upperclassmen linebackers we have aren't capable of consistently covering receivers. Purdue KILLED us with play action and you knew just about every time they went under center that they would freeze our backers with play action and dump a pass over the middle. Our play recognition and coverage abilities are bad. I'm not sure what Chinader can do to fix it. I see the problems. I don't have the answers.

Here's how I see it...and you guys can call me a Troll all you want....won't matter a bit to me. I appreciate what Frost did for my school, and wish him (and by extension all of Nebraska Football) the best.

Nebraska (Moos, the Fans, Osbourne, etc.) were so desperate to "call Frost home", you allowed him to write his own ticket...including saying "I'm not coming unless I can bring my entire staff with me...and they will be paid big bucks."

So it happened.

Why is Eric Chinander being paid $800K a year to be DC at Nebraska? Because he is Scott Frost's "Best Friend". Nothing more, nothing less.

Guy was sub par at UCF, and is sub par and over his head now.

Why would anyone expect any different? What on his resume said he was/is qualified to be DC at a P5 school in the Big 10? Frost's wedding photos showing him as Frost's Best Man? Because right now that's his biggest accomplishment, if you ask me. It certainly wasn't anything he did at UCF!

"Chin's is a Good Coach"?.....Where? At what school? Not at UCF...not at Nebraska. So where?

When/If Frost is forced to fire him, where will he work? What schools are lining up to hire Eric Chinander based on his resume and for what position? Head Coach (a 'natural' progression for a DC), DC somewhere else? Ring Bearer for a new BFF seems a more likely scenario to me.

But I have to say..."We told you so!" It seems everyone in Nebraska was/is so enamored with Frost that the fact that he brought his Buddy Hire Staff with him didn't matter one bit at the time. Whatever it took to get him to Nebraska.

But I think it will soon matter to a great deal of people....Frost and his Buddies included.

Reactions: Ucfmikes
Have we tried different personnel or defensive packages on 3rd down? Agree that the players aren't getting it done in 3rd down. Hopefully Chinander will offer a fix. Hey a spare tire is inferior but it will suffice. I hear people talking about the nickel or dime packages. I am not knowledgeable about what needs to be done. Just hoping we can find a spare tire to roll and stop being rolled.

What people fail to realize is that China is running the defense that Scott wants. The goal of Scott’s defense is turnovers. It’s not necessarily designed your stop offenses. It’s designed to get turnovers in a shoot out. Scott feels his offense can keep up with anyone and getting turnovers will be the difference in a track meet.

Scott isn’t going to find another D Coordinator willing to run that style of D. If the D scheme changes than Scott’s whole philosophy will have to change. When our offense doesn’t score we don’t have the defense to keep us in games. Chins is a victim of philosophy.

I do feel a linebacker coach or two need to be re-evaluated. Sorry but Ruud isn’t cutting it either.

Have we tried different personnel or defensive packages on 3rd down? Agree that the players aren't getting it done in 3rd down. Hopefully Chinander will offer a fix. Hey a spare tire is inferior but it will suffice. I hear people talking about the nickel or dime packages. I am not knowledgeable about what needs to be done. Just hoping we can find a spare tire to roll and stop being rolled.
We've played multiple guys and tried different things on 3rd down. We did do better at times against Purdue but our offense didn't do enough with all of the opportunities the D gave them in that first half. We started ON PURDUE'S side of the field SIX times in that first half with one of them on the 3 and got 10 points out of that. That's pathetic. IMO, the defense wasn't our biggest problem in that game.

When has he ever coached north of the Mason Dixon Line?

Fit is often a key element. Culture is important, as well.

b29fd551-c4f9-4b8a-ba66-c63a7339f747-UTvGeorgia1005_SY_2978.jpg

Tennessee Head Coach Jeremy Pruitt disputes a call with the referee during a game between Tennessee and Georgia in Neyland Stadium in Knoxville, Tennessee on Saturday, October 5, 2019.

Current position
Title
Head coach
Team Tennessee
Conference SEC
Record 9–12
Biographical details
Born
May 28, 1974 (age 45)
Rainsville, Alabama

Playing career
1993–1994
Middle Tennessee
1995–1996 Alabama
Position(s) Defensive back

Coaching career (HC unless noted)
Alabama (GA)
1998 Plainview HS (DB)
1999 West Alabama (DB)
2000 Plainview HS (DC)
2001–2003 Fort Payne HS (assistant)
2004 Hoover HS (DB)
2005–2006 Hoover HS (DC/DB)
2007–2009 Alabama (DPD)
2010–2012 Alabama (DB)
2013 Florida State (DC/DB)
2014–2015 Georgia (DC/DB)
2016–2017 Alabama (DC/ILB)
2018–present Tennessee

Frost beat Big Ten teams at Oregon and UCF. And Auburn.

He beat a terrible Maryland team at UCF, when the Terps were down to their 3rd-string QB, after their top 2 QBs got hurt.

He didn't beat anyone at Oregon, he was not the head coach. But with Frost as Offensive Coordinator, I remember Oregon being pretty good with Marcus Mariota, though they still got blown out by Ohio State, and then lost to Michigan State without Mariota the next year. Maybe if Frost finds the next Mariota, we'll be competitive against the mid-level Big Ten teams at least.

Last edited:
Riley had elite teams while at Oregon St?

My lord man, I liked you better when you promised us Frost would be firing Chinander

Get functional brain cells. I'm talking about Frost. Riley needed to be put out to the paster after his failed NFL years.

Neb knew exactly what we were getting with Chins. This should really surprise no one. He is running the exact same D he ran at UCF. There are only a couple of stats that matter for the scheme: PPG allowed and Turnovers gained. Nothing else matters except maybe 3rd D conversions. Here are some numbers from UCF and NEB with Chins. He is generating the TOs this year. If he can clean up 3rd Downs to get his PPG in the mid 20s, he'll have basically the same performance as his last year at UCF.

Code:

9 of our 14 defensive turnovers were against the 3 awful non-conference opponents. Before the Purdue game, we had only forced 3 turnovers in 5 conference games. The good Big Ten teams don't turn the ball over very often.

Our offense hasn't helped in this area, as we are tied for 18th nationally in most turnovers committed.

It's no coincidence that Ohio State, Penn State, Minnesota, and Wisconsin are all in the Top 25 nationally in Turnover margin, and we're 88th (and Rutgers and Northwestern are almost dead last).

Code:
MIght want to check those stats again, you seem to be off a year.

Here's how I see it...and you guys can call me a Troll all you want....won't matter a bit to me. I appreciate what Frost did for my school, and wish him (and by extension all of Nebraska Football) the best.

Nebraska (Moos, the Fans, Osbourne, etc.) were so desperate to "call Frost home", you allowed him to write his own ticket...including saying "I'm not coming unless I can bring my entire staff with me...and they will be paid big bucks."

So it happened.

Why is Eric Chinander being paid $800K a year to be DC at Nebraska? Because he is Scott Frost's "Best Friend". Nothing more, nothing less.

Why would anyone expect any different? What on his resume said he was/is qualified to be DC at a P5 school in the Big 10? Frost's wedding photos showing him as Frost's Best Man? Because right now that's his biggest accomplishment, if you ask me. It certainly wasn't anything he did at UCF!

"Chin's is a Good Coach"?.....Where? At what school? Not at UCF...not at Nebraska. So where?

When/If Frost is forced to fire him, where will he work? What schools are lining up to hire Eric Chinander based on his resume and for what position? Head Coach (a 'natural' progression for a DC), DC somewhere else? Ring Bearer for a new BFF seems a more likely scenario to me.

But I have to say..."We told you so!" It seems everyone in Nebraska was/is so enamored with Frost that the fact that he brought his Buddy Hire Staff with him didn't matter one bit at the time. Whatever it took to get him to Nebraska.

But I think it will soon matter to a great deal of people....Frost and his Buddies included.

You have a lot of truth in your post, but not "all" Nebraska fans were clamoring for Frost. Search my post history at that time if you want, but I knew this was going to be a shitshow more likely than not. When people started throwing around the $5 million a year number, I couldn't believe it. I was even more shocked that they lined him up for seven years guaranteed.

Reactions: Ucfmikes
Please stop with the TOP excuse. Look at the times of possession. The times are not lopsided.

Well, we are 112th in the country in TOP. If that isn't lopsided, I don't know what is.

Now, I understand that teams like Oregon and Oklahoma are also in the bottom third of TOP, but they also have FAR better offenses. When you have a fast-paced offense that is struggling as much as ours this year, the D is not going to look good. If our offense could score points at the pace of either OU or UO, then the D might be given some slack.

Changes need to be made on offense before changes on defense make any sense. Frost needs to become the head coach rather than an offensive coordinator with the head coach title. Until that happens, I don't know how you can trust Frost to make the necessary personnel decisions on defense to lead to improvement.

You have a lot of truth in your post, but not "all" Nebraska fans were clamoring for Frost. Search my post history at that time if you want, but I knew this was going to be a shitshow more likely than not. When people started throwing around the $5 million a year number, I couldn't believe it. I was even more shocked that they lined him up for seven years guaranteed.

Who else would we have hired, though? I was skeptical that Frost's style of play would be successful in the Big Ten, but he was still my first choice, with Matt Campbell a close 2nd. I don't see any other proven head coach taking the job.

We could have had Whittingham in 2014, but I don't think he would have taken it in 2017. We probably could have gotten Clawson from Wake Forest, but he wouldn't have been an exciting pick. Harsin from Boise would have been another mid-major guy whose resume isn't better than Frost's. Frost was the best we were going to get (he was just named the National Coach of the Year).

The biggest issue IMO is that he has a weak staff with almost zero Power 5 coaching experience. They are overmatched against the veteran staffs in the Big Ten. Dabo Swinney was in a similar boat after his first 2 years at Clemson, so he went out and added some great assistant coaches like Venables. If I were Frost, I'd try to poach the DCs from Utah or Iowa State. They seem to be pretty good with little talent to work with.

Last edited:
Who else would we have hired, though? I was skeptical that Frost's style of play would be successful in the Big Ten, but he was still my first choice, with Matt Campbell a close 2nd. I don't see any other proven head coach taking the job.

We could have had Whittingham in 2014, but I don't think he would have taken it in 2017. We probably could have gotten Clawson from Wake Forest, but he wouldn't have been an exciting pick. Harsin from Boise would have been another mid-major guy whose resume isn't better than Frost's. Frost was the best we were going to get (he was just named the National Coach of the Year).

The biggest issue IMO is that he has a weak staff with almost zero Power 5 coaching experience. They are overmatched against the veteran staffs in the Big Ten. Dabo Swinney was in a similar boat after his first 2 years at Clemson, so he went out and added some great assistant coaches like Venables.
Campbell was never an option. Frost was the ONLY logical option and is still the best option. We hired a young coach with a young staff who are going to make mistakes. We need to keep it as positive as we can given the performance thus far and not undercut them. This program was taken down to this level over the past 20 years. It isn't going to be fixed in 18 months.

Campbell was never an option. Frost was the ONLY logical option and is still the best option. We hired a young coach with a young staff who are going to make mistakes. We need to keep it as positive as we can given the performance thus far and not undercut them. This program was taken down to this level over the past 20 years. It isn't going to be fixed in 18 months.
It would be a lot easier to stay positive if there was at least a little improvement from last year.

Was it Mark Helfrich or Scott Frost?

Not all OCs are equal?

Nebraska (GA)
2006 Kansas State (GA)
2007 Northern Iowa (LB)
2008 Northern Iowa (co-DC/LB)
2009–2012 Oregon (WR)
2013–2015 Oregon (OC/QB)
2016–2017 UCF
2018–present Nebraska

Oregon Head Coach Mark Helfrich knew the comparisons would be inevitable – how do you replace arguably the most successful football coach in school history? His answer was simple – by being Mark Helfrich.

There is no question the formula has proven to be widely successful. In three seasons the Ducks have flourished under the native Oregonian’s guidance, accumulating a 33-8 record (.805) and wins in the 2013 Valero Alamo Bowl over Texas (30-7) and in the 2015 Rose Bowl over Florida State (59-20).

He has helped orchestrate the continuation of the program’s offensive firepower in his brief head coaching tenure as the Ducks led the league in total offense (fifth in the country) for the sixth year in a row in 2015, in scoring offense (fifth in the nation) for the ninth straight season, and in rushing (fifth nationally) for the 10th time in many years.

Bios from Oregon site. On Eric Chinander:

Among the mentors for the energetic Chinander was the Ducks’ former defensive line coach Jerry Azzinaro, who also worked alongside Oregon’s newest assistant coach in the NFL.

He contributed to defensive efforts that finished third in the Pac-12 Conference in scoring defense and fourth against the run in 2012, as well as led the league in quarterback sacks in 2011.

Philadelphia completed the 2013 regular season 10th in the league in rushing defense.

While taking into account his previous stops at Northern Iowa (2004-09) and Ellsworth (Iowa) Community College (2003), he has contributed to the success of programs that advanced to post-season play on 13 occasions within his last 14 years in the game.

It will be an interesting November and off season. Scott Frost likely stays with his DC, if Nebraska can remain competitive in November.

The season could have been better than 4-5. Change for the sake of change can have unintended consequences.

Was it Mark Helfrich or Scott Frost?

Not all OCs are equal?

Nebraska (GA)
2006 Kansas State (GA)
2007 Northern Iowa (LB)
2008 Northern Iowa (co-DC/LB)
2009–2012 Oregon (WR)
2013–2015 Oregon (OC/QB)
2016–2017 UCF
2018–present Nebraska

Oregon Head Coach Mark Helfrich knew the comparisons would be inevitable – how do you replace arguably the most successful football coach in school history? His answer was simple – by being Mark Helfrich.

There is no question the formula has proven to be widely successful. In three seasons the Ducks have flourished under the native Oregonian’s guidance, accumulating a 33-8 record (.805) and wins in the 2013 Valero Alamo Bowl over Texas (30-7) and in the 2015 Rose Bowl over Florida State (59-20).

He has helped orchestrate the continuation of the program’s offensive firepower in his brief head coaching tenure as the Ducks led the league in total offense (fifth in the country) for the sixth year in a row in 2015, in scoring offense (fifth in the nation) for the ninth straight season, and in rushing (fifth nationally) for the 10th time in many years.

Bios from Oregon site. On Eric Chinander:

Among the mentors for the energetic Chinander was the Ducks’ former defensive line coach Jerry Azzinaro, who also worked alongside Oregon’s newest assistant coach in the NFL.

He contributed to defensive efforts that finished third in the Pac-12 Conference in scoring defense and fourth against the run in 2012, as well as led the league in quarterback sacks in 2011.

Philadelphia completed the 2013 regular season 10th in the league in rushing defense.

While taking into account his previous stops at Northern Iowa (2004-09) and Ellsworth (Iowa) Community College (2003), he has contributed to the success of programs that advanced to post-season play on 13 occasions within his last 14 years in the game.

It will be an interesting November and off season. Scott Frost likely stays with his DC, if Nebraska can remain competitive in November.

The season could have been better than 4-5. Change for the sake of change can have unintended consequences.
seems like a lot of research for a post nobody will read.

The biggest issue IMO is that he has a weak staff with almost zero Power 5 coaching experience. They are overmatched against the veteran staffs in the Big Ten. Dabo Swinney was in a similar boat after his first 2 years at Clemson, so he went out and added some great assistant coaches like Venables. If I were Frost, I'd try to poach the DCs from Utah or Iowa State. They seem to be pretty good with little talent to work with.
Campbell is about to turn all his 'momentum' into a 6-6 season in the Big 12. With similar hype and a potential all-conference QB to boot. big brother iowa gave them the belt in a nauseatingly boring L to top it all off.

sounds hauntingly familiar.

He sucks, ISU sucks, no thanks.

Reactions: dinglefritz

So it happened.

Frost will ultimately HAVE to fire Chinander to save his job. He’s going to start feeling the pressure to make a change when the excuses run out.

Chinander is not a good enough defensive coordinator to win close games or games where Frost’s offense isn’t killing it. He will never be a good enough DC to bring this team to an elite level. He’s done nothing to show he’s not over his head. He’s baggage that came with getting Frost.

ADVERTISEMENT