Total: 424.2 (79)
Rush: 204.4 (104)
Pass: 219.8 (50)

5yr average
Total: 414.2
Rush: 186.3
Pass: 227.9

Reactions: BrighteRed24
If we were scoring more, it would probably look like the 17 UCF team, I believe that's Frost's goal...score enough, make teams more one dimensional, get some timely takeaways, and all of a sudden its 49-10.

Reactions: TheBeav815
Chin has not business being a Power 5 Defensive coordinator.
You don't like his half zone, half man coverages? It's also not fair when the other team motions and our players have no idea how to adjust. He's a man ahead of his time trying to put 2 DE's and 2 OLB's on the line to stop the run.

Reactions: JabroniBlvd
Stats can get pretty ugly when your offense can't sustain drives or get in the end zone and you're on the field all day. Just ask my Chicago Bears. Offense turns it over way too much, punter can't flip the field.

I'm not gonna tell you I think he's an elite DC but I certainly don't think the defense is the primary problem with Nebraska. I tune in every Saturday, I know a dog shit offense that can't beat anybody when I see one.

And we already sacrificed Troy Walters on the altar of stagnant offense and no downfield threat. How is that turnaround going? We wanna roll the dice on another DC, maybe somebody comes in and switches us to a 4-3 so we can spend 3 years talking about how we don't have the right guys for the system?

The defense gave them more than enough opportunities to win the Iowa game. It pretty much did win the Penn State game. Northwestern scored 21 points.

No the defense isn't good enough but neither is anything else about the team.

For 2 of the last 3 years (2018-2020) the defense has ranked better nationally in points allowed than the offense in points scored

the amount of cover Chins provides for this head coach is staggering

Not sure if Frost is married or not ... but when/if the day comes - Chins deserves to be best man

Last edited:
I think the defensive scheme sucks, but chins does an alright job executing what Frosty wants I guess. It could be better, it could be worse.. Prob a C+/B-

I also think there is some cohesion on the defensive side though.. those guys play well together for the most part. A few of them maybe shouldn't be on the field, but whatever.

To the OP, could you add turnovers and points off turnovers to those stats? I think that is one of their success metrics for the D.

Reactions: leodisflowers
Stats can get pretty ugly when your offense can't sustain drives or get in the end zone and you're on the field all day. Just ask my Chicago Bears. Offense turns it over way too much, punter can't flip the field.

I'm not gonna tell you I think he's an elite DC but I certainly don't think the defense is the primary problem with Nebraska. I tune in every Saturday, I know a dog shit offense that can't beat anybody when I see one.

And we already sacrificed Troy Walters on the altar of stagnant offense and no downfield threat. How is that turnaround going? We wanna roll the dice on another DC, maybe somebody comes in and switches us to a 4-3 so we can spend 3 years talking about how we don't have the right guys for the system?

The defense gave them more than enough opportunities to win the Iowa game. It pretty much did win the Penn State game. Northwestern scored 21 points.

I don't think our roster is any better suited for the 3-4 than the 4-3 right now. We might as well switch back. No downside and tons of upside in actually being able to recruit the type of athletes needed to run the system.

Reactions: Mrs.Jeans15
I think the defensive scheme sucks, but chins does an alright job executing what Frosty wants I guess. It could be better, it could be worse.. Prob a C+/B-

I also think there is some cohesion on the defensive side though.. those guys play well together for the most part. A few of them maybe shouldn't be on the field, but whatever.

To the OP, could you add turnovers and points off turnovers to those stats? I think that is one of their success metrics for the D.
They play so well together that they are ranked 90th in points given up and 79th in total yards given up.

They play so well together that they are ranked 90th in points given up and 79th in total yards given up.
I don't think that the entire story.. like I said, I want to see turnovers and some of those other metrics.

How does the offense rank? > 100 I bet.

I won't argue the need for improvement on both sides of the ball though.

I do not feel Frost is any better at OC than Chin at DC. Frost needs to turn over the play calling to someone else also. Chin does not put his defense in any better position to stop the other team as Frost does with his play calling.

So according to espn

Passing yards, 106th
Rushing yards, 46th
Points for 116th
Points against 37th

Passing and Scoring seem to be the biggest problems.. not the defense.

I do not feel Frost is any better at OC than Chin at DC. Frost needs to turn over the play calling to someone else also. Chin does not put his defense in any better position to stop the other team as Frost does with his play calling.
You need the ability to run ANY kind of play well before it matters who's calling them.

When this Offense starts operating like it did at UCF, the 4-3 won't be able to keep up with it, that is why we're running the 3-4 as it is made to keep up with the tempo that Frost want's to run at plus has a way higher success rate of creating TOs and sacks than the 4-3. I'll let you never experts that think the 4-3 can keep up with the tempo this offense is designed to run at chime in. I'll hang up now and listen.

Reactions: WHCSC and huntered

This is so spot on... Could there be improvements? Absolutely but our "Vaunted" Offense has been extremely anemic it's pathetic and does no favors for a defense... So Frosts "Vaunted" offense and Bo's "stifling" defense both have/had major flaws from people who are supposed to be geniuses in these fields... This is the first time I've publicly badmouthed Frost and it's simply because his offenses ineptitude have caused far worse problems than our defense

For 2 of the last 3 years (2018-2020) the defense has ranked better nationally in points allowed than the offense in points scored

the amount of cover Chins provides for this head coach is staggering

Not sure if Frost is married or not ... but when/if the day comes - Chins deserves to be best man

Frost is married and I believe Chins was his best man.

Reactions: huntered
When this Offense starts operating like it did at UCF, the 4-3 won't be able to keep up with it, that is why we're running the 3-4 as it is made to keep up with the tempo that Frost want's to run at plus has a way higher success rate of creating TOs and sacks than the 4-3. I'll let you never experts that think the 4-3 can keep up with the tempo this offense is designed to run at chime in. I'll hang up now and listen.
This is all predicated on an offense that actually works though.

Since the offense is broken and not scoring at will, it would be prudent to run a much less aggressive scheme to give yourself a chance to win the games.

This is the part I don't understand.. you can see when the offense is broken, and they don't adjust the defense accordingly.

If I were to guess why they don't.. they probably don't even teach how to run the less aggressive more traditional defense.

So you're stuck with an offense that isn't getting it done, and paired with a defense that will give up 30 a game.. not a good recipe and is exactly why the last 3 years have been what they are.

I don't have a real preference between 4-3 and 3-4, but why would a 4-3 defense have no chance?

Reactions: oldjar07
Yeah this is complete BS.

So according to espn

Passing yards, 106th
Rushing yards, 46th
Points for 116th
Points against 37th

Passing and Scoring seem to be the biggest problems.. not the defense.
Does this account for the number of games played?

Defense seems to be improved..Could be better but QB play seems to be the achilles heel and has been for a few years. Seems like they're putting athletes back there instead of QBs. How many turnovers have come from that position over year past 5 years?

I don't have a real preference between 4-3 and 3-4, but why would a 4-3 defense have no chance?
Look at the statistics, the 3-4 produces a far higher turnover and sack ratio than the 4-3 for one, and because of it's scheme it can operate at a far higher tempo than the 4-3 as well. The thing that bothers me through all of this, ALOT of dilusuional poster's on both boards expected instant glory when Frost arrived and I can go back and pull post after post that I had the misfortune to read and being a 33 year season ticket holder and donor kind of makes me sick to my stomach and while there are some outstanding posters on both boards that have good insights, the rest you have morons that think the sky is falling.

I wouldn't be surprised one bit if this took 7-10 years to rebuild after all of the damage that has been done to since Osborne left, and yes I'm including Solich in it. No one wants to have patience, we are still not quite there yet as far as the culture goes and that part of the reason we've been seeing all of the depatures we have as the departures can't handle this culture plus other things like distance and weather for examples. It will eventually get there, but will take a bit of time to do so. The culture has an awful lot to do on how the team operates and plays.

We can't keep changing HC's and Staffs every 4-5 years as only tenure is what will get it done and Frost is building this thing for the long haul. Even though Osborne at first inherited everything from Devaney, it took a number of years to build what he wanted and was almost fired and the ship finally eded up getting righted with the longest tenured staff in DIV 1. People need to just back and support what's going on right now. Yes, right now it looks like a total shitshow and just as Osborne had to grow into the roll so does Frost.

This a learning stage for not only the team, but Frost and the staff as well. Difference is Osborne inherited Devaney's coaching staff that had a plethora of experience as opposed to Frost's staff with very little experience. Let that little reality set in as Frost's total rebuild job that agreed take is way harder than what Devaney, Osborne and Solich had to undertake as when Devaney got here the cupboard was full of talent as Jennings could recruit his ass off but couldn't coach worth shit and down the line Osborne inherited talent from Devaney to get him started same with Solich, now look at what Frost stepped into. Patience is needed by everyone.

Last edited:
Nothing like switching the system and the position coach every two years and then being like "WHY THE HELL DON'T THESE KIDS LOOK LIKE THEY'RE NOT CONFUSED????"
This happens in college football all the time whether they are good or not. The average assistant probably hasn't been at his job longer than 3 years. Alabama has had more coaching turnover than we have, and they seem to be doing okay. I wonder why that is? Couldn't be because the head coach demands accountability from all of his players and all of his staff at all times, could it?

Reactions: Chuck003
Look at the statistics, the 3-4 produces a far higher turnover and sack ratio than the 4-3 for one, and because of it's scheme it can operate at a far higher tempo than the 4-3 as well. The thing that bothers me through all of this, ALOT of dilusuional poster's on both boards expected instant glory when Frost arrived and I can go back and pull post after post that I had the misfortune to read and being a 33 year season ticket holder and donor kind of makes me sick to my stomach and while there are some outstanding posters on both boards that have good insights, the rest you have morons that think the sky is falling.

I wouldn't be surprised one bit if this took 7-10 years to rebuild after all of the damage that has been done to since Osborne left, and yes I'm including Solich in it. No one wants to have patience, we are still not quite there yet as far as the culture goes and that part of the reason we've been seeing all of the depatures we have as the departures can't handle this culture plus other things like distance and weather for examples. It will eventually get there, but will take a bit of time to do so. The culture has an awful lot to do on how the team operates and plays.

We can't keep changing HC's and Staffs every 4-5 years as only tenure is what will get it done and Frost is building this thing for the long haul. Even though Osborne at first inherited everything from Devaney, it took a number of years to build what he wanted and was almost fired and the ship finally eded up getting righted with the longest tenured staff in DIV 1. People need to just back and support what's going on right now. Yes, right now it looks like a total shitshow and just as Osborne had to grow into the roll so does Frost.

This a learning stage for not only the team, but Frost and the staff as well. Difference is Osborne inherited Devaney's coaching staff that had a plethora of experience as opposed to Frost's staff with very little experience. Let that little reality set in as Frost's total rebuild job that agreed take is way harder than what Devaney, Osborne and Solich had to undertake as when Devaney got here the cupboard was full of talent as Jennings could recruit his ass off but couldn't coach worth shit and down the line Osborne inherited talent from Devaney to get him started same with Solich, now look at what Frost stepped into. Patience is needed by everyone.
Then why are we paying a premium salary if they have to 'grow' into the position(s)?

Some coaches come in and turn things around immediately.

Now you are saying it could be 7-10 years?

I gotta be honest with you.. a 7-10 year turnaround and 'delusional poster' seem like they go hand in hand.

Defense seems to be improved..Could be better but QB play seems to be the achilles heel and has been for a few years. Seems like they're putting athletes back there instead of QBs. How many turnovers have come from that position over year past 5 years?
At least for the points for and against, I don't think it does. That goes directly against the 90th ranking in points allowed that was in the OP.

2016 UCF
Total yds: 382.6 (43rd)
Rush yds: 176.6 (61st)
Pass yds: 206.0 (30th)
Pts allowed: 26.7 (50th)

2017 UCF
Total: 434.2 (92)
Rush: 161.2 (55)
Pass: 273.0 (116)

2018 NU
Total: 440.7 (92)
Rush: 200.8 (94)
Pass: 239.9 (76)

2019 NU
Total: 389.5 (54)
Rush: 188.7 (88)
Pass: 200.8 (24)

2020 NU (so far)

5yr average
90th in points allowed on defense and maybe even worse on the offensive side of the ball. That's how bad this team is. Where are people seeing improvement? Because I sure haven't seen any. Unless this team miraculously gets significantly better in these last couple games, we're going to go 1-6. Whenever we think we're at our lowest point, we just sink lower.

True. I don't know if Frost is a P5 coach or not. At this point, I would say no until proven otherwise. He certainly hasn't proved that he can coach at this level yet.
And you are qualified to say that huh?

Another never expert that thinks they know more than a P5 HC! 🤣

2016 UCF
Total yds: 382.6 (43rd)
Rush yds: 176.6 (61st)
Pass yds: 206.0 (30th)
Pts allowed: 26.7 (50th)

2017 UCF
Total: 434.2 (92)
Rush: 161.2 (55)
Pass: 273.0 (116)

2018 NU
Total: 440.7 (92)
Rush: 200.8 (94)
Pass: 239.9 (76)

2019 NU
Total: 389.5 (54)
Rush: 188.7 (88)
Pass: 200.8 (24)

2020 NU (so far)

5yr average

NOPE not good enough IMO. I’m not asking 2009 defense but somewhat of a version of 2010 or a little less.

Reactions: Mrs.Jeans15
ADVERTISEMENT