ADVERTISEMENT

Chinander Stats: Good Enough?

Tom and Charlie changed it up mostly due to a suggestion made to Tom by his good buddy Bobby B and went as far as Bobby sending some of his Defensive staff to Lincoln to teach us the 4-3 scheme. Bet ya didn't know that did ya?

So where are the stats about 4-3 getting more sacks?

I seem to recall (memory isn't what is used to be) that Nebraska sought out and went to Florida to get some defensive ideas.

That's another thing I can't stand about this defense. Too many guys are in conflict on their assignments. It's not like our guys are all that great but we're not setting them up to succeed either. When you ask guys to be at two places at once because they are in conflict, it makes it almost impossible to attack downhill and they think too much and play slower. When the OLB has responsibility for the running back, who has responsibility for the qb rollout? The ILB?

To be fair, alot is asked of our olb. I'm not sure we have anyone athletic enough besides JoJo.

That's another thing I can't stand about this defense. Too many guys are in conflict on their assignments. It's not like our guys are all that great but we're not setting them up to succeed either. When you ask guys to be at two places at once because they are in conflict, it makes it almost impossible to attack downhill and they think too much and play slower. When the OLB has responsibility for the running back, who has responsibility for the qb rollout? The ILB? Well if he has responsibility for the rollout, that makes it impossible for him to attack the inside gap on his run assignment. Combine that with the DL not maintaining leverage and it's very easy for the opposing OL to get to the second level and screen our linebackers out as well.

Did you play college ball?

To be fair, alot is asked of our olb. I'm not sure we have anyone athletic enough besides JoJo.
The OLB's are way too slow off the line to execute the scrape exchange on zone read plays. I don't know why we defend it where we have the OLB responsible for the running back instead of the qb. Domann is the only one who is sometimes fast enough to get there. It would be easier on both the OLB's and ILB's if the OLB was responsible for the qb.

Reactions: BleedRed78
He fits right in; center that can’t snap the ball to the qb, play caller that can’t call plays, dc that doesn’t know how to play defense

and the coaches keep telling us that it’s because the kids don’t know how to win

Reactions: oldjar07
We are 82nd in sack % this season
113th in oppponent 3rd down coversion %
114th in TO margin
87th in def ppg

This defense is BAD - yes, the offense is as well.

Reactions: oldjar07
ADVERTISEMENT