ADVERTISEMENT

China Virus

Status
Not open for further replies.

SnohomishRed

Offensive Coordinator
Jan 31, 2005
Snohomish
Yes it a virus that originated China. In addition to that the Chinese government hid from the world in fact I am very sure they are hiding things to this day.

I dont hate the chinese people but those in power have disrupted the entire world economy and have killed thousands.

This cannot stand

They are now actively trying to pin this on the USA because if the rest of the world knew what they have done their markets would dry up. Their time as a main producer of goods for the USA is going to take a dramatic turn for the worse

"This cannot stand"

Interesting choice of words. What do you propose?

"This cannot stand"

Interesting choice of words. What do you propose?
I suggest the world to come together and stop buying stuff built with almost slave wages. The politicians for the sake of globalism made millions by shipping jobs to china. Enough countries need to start building their own goods and china needs to pay dearly if they want access to our markets

Or I suppose we could call it Bat Bite Fever too if we wanted to start getting technical about it.

Fair enough. And by that reasoning then I guess it's alright if someone wants to call it the Trump flu as well. Hey, I don't hate the guy but he did get rid of the Pandemic Response Team and ignored the warnings for three months.

This cannot stand.
Trump didn't cause this china did .. get a grip and quit being a propaganda victim

Fair enough. And by that reasoning then I guess it's alright if someone wants to call it the Trump flu as well. Hey, I don't hate the guy but he did get rid of the Pandemic Response Team and ignored the warnings for three months.

This cannot stand.
Ignored the warnings for 3 months? Really? The first warning we got was from a Chinese Dr. on social media on December 31st and he was promptly arrested. China denied the problem and blocked our attempts to get information. When SARS hit everybody cried wolf and then it disappeared with a whimper in really a matter of months. Many, myself included, thought his likely would do the same. When Trump took the first action to block incoming travelers from China he was pilloried by both sides of the aisle but especially by the "progressive" media. Yes he was slow to embrace the threat, but once he was convinced that it was real and it had hit our shores he went balls to the walls trying to stop it.

Last edited:
Trump didn't cause this china did .. get a grip and quit being a propaganda victim

How do you know you aren't a propaganda victim? How could you possibly know who is responsible for the virus? Especially if it is man-made as is claimed. What if the true source of the virus is neither China nor the US, but a third party capable of delivering propaganda to your choice of media? Why are you so riled up about it?

Reactions: SomedayHusker
How do you know you aren't a propaganda victim? How could you possibly know who is responsible for the virus? Especially if it is man-made as is claimed. What if the true source of the virus is neither China nor the US, but a third party capable of delivering propaganda to your choice of media? Why are you so riled up about it?
I am pissed because my neighbors are dying. I am mad because the world economy has been destroyed. The chinese government is to blame on multiple levels

It sounds like the propaganda is working.
I dont know where u live but where I live is in lock down. Washington specifically north king and snohomish counties have 100 dead and will have many more.

Are u disputing the economy is in shambles ? I am confused on what u call propaganda

Reactions: dinglefritz
I suggest the world to come together and stop buying stuff built with almost slave wages. The politicians for the sake of globalism made millions by shipping jobs to china. Enough countries need to start building their own goods and china needs to pay dearly if they want access to our markets
The politicians along with greedy corporations. Save a few cents on a widget and make millions. We all need to be willing to pay a couple more bucks for made in the USA. Or hell even Germany, Japan, France etc.

LoL says the guy starting a thread to defend the propaganda machine! Rich. It's called Covid-19. China is irrelevant. Covid19 is home to roost because our leaders completely mishandled the situation coupled with the fact our Heathcare system is not up to the challenge, currently. Buck up buttercup and take the problem head on.

The politicians along with greedy corporations. Save a few cents on a widget and make millions. We all need to be willing to pay a couple more bucks for made in the USA. Or hell even Germany, Japan, France etc.
When I go to my lumber yard a hammer made in the U.S.A. is roughly $30. The one on the rack next to it made by the same company in China is 12. It's more than a few cents.

Reactions: leodisflowers
LoL says the guy starting a thread to defend the propaganda machine! Rich. It's called Covid-19. China is irrelevant. Covid19 is home to roost because our leaders completely mishandled the situation coupled with the fact our Heathcare system is not up to the challenge, currently. Buck up buttercup and take the problem head on.

I don’t know what country’s healthcare system has been up for this challenge at this point and time not just ours..

How did they complete mishandle the situation.

Reactions: OzzyLvr
When I go to my lumber yard a hammer made in the U.S.A. is roughly $30. The one on the rack next to it made by the same company in China is 12. It's more than a few cents.
I said on a widget a few cents. I realize that adds up. And I'd pay $100 for an actual u.s made daluge titanium hammer if they were still made here. Not Chinese like they are now.

I don’t know what country’s healthcare system has been up for this challenge at this point and time not just ours..

I believe New York alone has more Covid cases than S. Korea, UK and a few other EU countries. So I would say that other countries have handled the situation better than we have, thus far. To be clear my aim is not to blame anyone/thing just point out the US had a surprisingly (to me) passive response to this whole affair.

Reactions: cavalot

This cannot stand.

From the not-overly-conservative Washington Post. Doesn't sound to me like even they can agree with your post.

“The Obama-Biden Administration set up the White House National Security Council Directorate for Global Health Security and Biodefense to prepare for future pandemics like covid-19. Donald Trump eliminated it — and now we’re paying the price.”

—Former vice president Joe Biden, in a tweet, March 19

The Pinocchio Test
One can see the dueling narratives here, neither entirely incorrect. The office — as set up by Obama — was folded into another office. Thus, one could claim the office was eliminated. But the staff slots did not disappear and at least initially the key mission of team remained a priority. So one can also claim nothing changed and thus Biden’s criticism is overstated.

The question that cannot be answered — at least perhaps until a congressionally mandated commission examines the U.S. preparation for this crisis — is whether a separate directorate would have had more clout to bring the issue immediately to the president’s attention. That might have helped buy time to stem the spread of the disease by focusing the full attention of government on the emerging problem. (One example: China refused to let American experts into Wuhan — a discussion kept at the agency level. But early presidential pressure might have swayed Beijing to cooperate.)

For that reason, we will leave this unrated.

Last edited:
I believe New York alone has more Covid cases than S. Korea, UK and a few other EU countries. So I would say that other countries have handled the situation better than we have, thus far. To be clear my aim is not to blame anyone/thing just point out the US had a surprisingly (to me) passive response to this whole affair.
obamaa (aka molasses) waited a year on h1n1

Norovirus
Spanish Flu
German Measles
Middle East Respiratory Syndrome
Ebola
Guinea Worm
West Nile Virus
Lyme Disease
Rocky Mountain Spotted Fever...

Just a few examples of diseases getting their names from where they originated.

This is a Chinese virus. The Chinese government, still communist to the core, treats their people like dogshit and their people live in conditions fitting the treatment. The dangerous and unsanitary food practices there would astound all of us.
China also has state-controlled media the likes of which Americans cannot really fathom but arrogantly believe we can. They still use many of the same core disastrous and rights-violating practices begun by Mao in the Great Leap Forward, including the Laogai prison camps for their own people and also immigrants, especially muslims.
China not only failed to get in front of this virus even when they knew how dangerous it was, but they tried to hide it from people and in turn the rest of the world. They also let their people continue to fly out, including via direct flights from Wuhan to Northern Italy, something strangely absent in reporting. Italy had direct flights to and from Wuhan because of the amount of workers imported by China to work the China-owned textile and leather factories.
Once it got out China used their propaganda to hide numbers from the world. Now, they are peddling the message that this was America’s fault. Do not undermine the significance of that desperate ploy and don't fall for it. What it means is that China knows it is in deep trouble over this and messed up big time. They are afraid of what their people, but more likely the world think of them now. Blaming big bad America is their attempt to make themselves sound better to European and American citizens who view the US not as a solution but as a problem. It wont work.

Im not writing this to get in a debate about Trump. Thats for another thread and only distracts from this real and unique issue. Regardless of how you feel about Trump people need to understand that whatever bad anyone in the US has done it is childs play compared to what the Chinese govt is capable of and has done. Moa is not some ancient relic of a forgotten time.
Ive had to study China a lot and one thing that has surprised me is the utter lack of appreciation for how corrupt the Chinese are. By that I mean their govt. but thats a lot of people. Perhaps we dont care because Stalin looms larger in history. But he shouldn't if we’re going by body count. Maybe its because we know how much we deal with China so we want to ignore it and pretend its ok.

China needs to pay for this. First, pull all pharmaceutical orders out of China. Work with central and south American countries to produce, along with America, over the counter and pharmaceutical drugs for the world. Then begin working on manufacturing. Technology can be shifted to US and Japan. Italy and other European nations need to say enough, too. They need to disallow foreign ownership of any businesses, at least from China. These things will hurt in the short run but its the only way China will listen and everyone will benefit in the long run. China has gotten away with too much for too long. Time to cut them off the worlds purse and hit em where it hurts.

Its the China Virus. Plain and simple. Its factually accurate.

Saying China is irrelevant makes everything else you say seem extremely biased. Thats absurd snd you know it.

How did they complete mishandle the situation.

A great question that we as citizens should demand an answer for. The way I see it the USA* had a very significant buffer window from when the virus started to when it reached the West Coast. In that window we really didn't do anything. So when the outbreak happened it WA it was strange and frankly alarming that we could not preform tests. Testing is the key to containment. S. Korea tested extensively and developed an app to track the inflicted.

Still today we are unable to test in the numbers necessary. We also are extremely short on basic medical supplies, another thing that is inexplicable to me. Why are we incapable of manufacturing at War Scale. You would think a bio-attack would have a very militaristic interest, meaning military stockpiles or factory mandates to switch production over to medical supplies.

Finally the fact that we are enervating our economy means we didn't have a proactive organized response. Me staying home is not a well thought out plan, it is an act of desperation. To be fair at this point probably a needed one, but then again me might be past the point of sheltering in place working. My 2 cents.

* the WHOLE damn USA, not any one political leader, not any one ranking official of the Healthcare system, not any one state.

Reactions: zrob
Were all countries exposed equally?
If you can prove they were I’d appreciate it.

Also, that doesnt answer the healthcare system claim you made. Having a passive response is not the same as having a healthcare system less capable than anyone else in the world. In fact, going by some actual numbers detailing hospital and critical care resources, I’d say the American healthcare system would be the most capable in the world.

Saying China is irrelevant makes everything else you say seem extremely biased. Thats absurd snd you know it

Again China is done, its over. They ****ed up. Now it is on our watch and we are not responding very well. Is that a big revelation?

Hopefully, on the other side of all this, "Made in China" becomes a socially toxic stigma here, just like many things that used to be socially acceptable, but no longer are.

If we can't figure out how to make more things within our own borders, and expand trade deals with our allies, then we deserve what we get.

A great question that we as citizens should demand an answer for. The way I see it the USA* had a very significant buffer window from when the virus started to when it reached the West Coast. In that window we really didn't do anything. So when the outbreak happened it WA it was strange and frankly alarming that we could not preform tests. Testing is the key to containment. S. Korea tested extensively and developed an app to track the inflicted.

Still today we are unable to test in the numbers necessary. We also are extremely short on basic medical supplies, another thing that is inexplicable to me. Why are we incapable of manufacturing at War Scale. You would think a bio-attack would have a very militaristic interest, meaning military stockpiles or factory mandates to switch production over to medical supplies.

Finally the fact that we are enervating our economy means we didn't have a proactive organized response. Me staying home is not a well thought out plan, it is an act of desperation. To be fair at this point probably a needed one, but then again me might be past the point of sheltering in place working. My 2 cents.

* the WHOLE damn USA, not any one political leader, not any one ranking official of the Healthcare system, not any one state.

What good does a test do unless you then lock yourself in a bubble. It is everywhere testing at this stage does nothing

The buffer window was from 12-31 when a ( Chinese dr) risked his life and posted on facebook to 1-19 when patient zero got back to states from Wuhan. Mind you the initial report was denied by the chinese. The chinese caused this thing

The hospital tested this guy as soon as he came then isolated him. They also quarantined those he had come in contact with but evidently it got out anyhow

Last edited:
Reactions: OzzyLvr

Ignored the warnings for 3 months? Really? The first warning we got was from a Chinese Dr. on social media on December 31st and he was promptly arrested. China denied the problem and blocked our attempts to get information. When SARS hit everybody cried wolf and then it disappeared with a whimper in really a matter of months. Many, myself included, thought his likely would do the same. When Trump took the first action to block incoming travelers from China he was pilloried by both sides of the aisle but especially by the "progressive" media. Yes he was slow to embrace the threat, but once he was convinced that it was real and it had hit our shores he went balls to the walls trying to stop it.
Oh, I have no intention on actually discussing this rationally. I find it a far better use of my time to simply make fun of this nonsense/hypocrisy rather than feed a bunch of people whose feet are already dug in. The fact that this thread exists in the first place speaks for itself.

Reactions: cornhustler
Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT