ADVERTISEMENT

Chin is a keeper

Red I 73

All-American
Nov 25, 2007
West Des Moines, Iowa
according to an article by Sam in OWH. Matrics supplied by Matrix Analytic Solutions, Chins defense has been on an upward trajectory in last three years. MAS, based in Portland Oregon, advises programs about which coordinators have done well with the talent the have. Grades are based on a scale of 0-6 with 6 being the highest. Average score is 2.7. Chins scored over the last three years is 2.91 and has been riding each year. MAS
was co-founded by Clinton McClintoch who is also a Nebraska fan and is bullish on Chin because Chin's # are bullish. MAS also does analytics on offense and special team coordinators.

Last edited:
@oldjar07 reading this:

200.gif

according to an article by Sam in OWH. Matrics supplied by Matrix Analytic Solutions, Chins defense has been on an upward trajectory in last three years. MAS, based in Portland Oregon, advises programs about which coordinators have done well with the talent the have. Grades are based on a scale of 0-6 with 6 being the highest. Average score is 2.7. Chins scored over the last three years is 2.91 and has been riding each year. MAS
was co-founded by Clinton McClintoch who is also a Nebraska fan and is bullish on Chin because Chin's # are bullish. MAS also does analytics on offense and defense coordinators.
Yay let's pull out more obscure stats to try to pump up our below average coordinator. Still can't figure out to stop playing the worst defensive player in all of Division I.

Article was on returning blackshirts and how d has improved in past three years since Frost's staff arrived.

Of course it was. You have access to this type of analytics and of course you limit the focus just to the defense. Makes total sense.

was co-founded by Clinton McClintoch who is also a Nebraska fan and is bullish on Chin because Chin's # are bullish. MAS also does analytics on offense and special team coordinators.

If true, this would make me look stupid.

Wait until next year when we are up 6 on a team with 1:30 left and we give up a touchdown to lose. This board will call to fire Chins. Lol.

I'm gonna guess Frost had the ball fourth down with a minute left, no timeouts for the other team and Frost goes for it..

D is showing improvements each year. Impressive considering how quickly are offense punts the ball some drives.

Need to improve 3rd & long defense.

Reactions: leodisflowers
Overall consistency needs to be and should be improved.
That’s something to look forward to for sure.
Along with all the experienced guys coming back, our depth will be improved with some of the young guys ready to make more of an impact.

Chin definitely is NOT the problem in Lincoln. It's on the offense and seems most likely to be Frost himself.

Reactions: leodisflowers
Our defense should have looked a lot better if it wasn't regularly put into bad situations by poor offense and special teams play.

Exactly. Our offense & special teams aren't doing the blackshirts any favors what-so-ever.

So what was OC numbers. Conveniently not included in the article?
Things will improve as soon as N estalishes a good QB, RB and a handful of receivers.
We been saying this for years now but the Oline has to get better very soon and the wide receivers are young and on the roster along with Top Tight End Fidone.
Play calling should improve as well.
Nebraska needs two to three more Top 20 recruiting classes back to back as well.
The winning will start happening.
NOTE: 155 MILLION IN FACILITIES GROUND BREAKING THIS SPRING CAN ONLY HELP!

Things will improve as soon as N estalishes a good QB, RB and a handful of receivers.
We been saying this for years now but the Oline has to get better very soon and the wide receivers are young and on the roster along with Top Tight End Fidone.
Play calling should improve as well.
Nebraska needs two to three more Top 20 recruiting classes back to back as well.
The winning will start happening.
NOTE: 155 MILLION IN FACILITIES GROUND BREAKING THIS SPRING CAN ONLY HELP!
Facilities don't block or tackle. To your point of offense getting better. AM2 first year we had Devine at running back and Stanley at the big receiver spot along with JD. Devine rushed for over 1000 yards. I think Stanley was over 800 receiving. Nebraska was second in BIG in rushing. We haven't had a back like DO since and no competent receiver over 6'. It looks like if the transfers pan out we could have a competent offense again. The D has really improved. It could be an interesting year.

Facilities don't block or tackle. To your point of offense getting better. AM2 first year we had Devine at running back and Stanley at the big receiver spot along with JD. Devine rushed for over 1000 yards. I think Stanley was over 800 receiving. Nebraska was second in BIG in rushing. We haven't had a back like DO since and no competent receiver over 6'. It looks like if the transfers pan out we could have a competent offense again. The D has really improved. It could be an interesting year.

Purdue’s field has been known to tackle.

Facilities boost recruiting! Like I said. Do the math. We are a few years away in my opinion

Wait until next year when we are up 6 on a team with 1:30 left and we give up a touchdown to lose. This board will call to fire Chins. Lol.
Not likely. In a scenario like that you can’t expect the Defense to bail out an Offense that is downright pathetic. The worst in the entire BIG-10.

I will say next year will be the same as the last three years...the offense will turn the ball over 5+ times in a game or had TDs called back due to holding or false start penalties. Our Offense is pathetic because they can’t get out of their own way and the coaching on that side is Junior Varsity trying to play in a Big Boy league. Until the Offense improves, the Defense is going to have to carry the team and make up for the deficiencies of the offense and (un)special teams.

Reactions: Red I 73
Not likely. In a scenario like that you can’t expect the Defense to bail out an Offense that is downright pathetic. The worst in the entire BIG-10.

I will say next year will be the same as the last three years...the offense will turn the ball over 5+ times in a game or had TDs called back due to holding or false start penalties. Our Offense is pathetic because they can’t get out of their own way and the coaching on that side is Junior Varsity trying to play in a Big Boy league. Until the Offense improves, the Defense is going to have to carry the team and make up for the deficiencies of the offense and (un)special teams.

Sorry but that's absolutely ridiculous what you just said.

So you dont expect a defense to hold them out the endzone with only a minute and a half left?

Sorry but that's absolutely ridiculous what you just said.

So you dont expect a defense to hold them out the endzone with only a minute and a half left?
My point in post is the Offense (and Special Teams) has been a let down for the last three years so pinning a loss (or any loss) entirely on the Defense is ridiculous. Frost talked a big game about the Offense but that is all it has been...Talk.

As far as I’m concerned the Defense while not always great has been getting better and certainly well enough to help win games. They are the least of our worries right now.

Reactions: John_J_Rambo
Doesn't matter, a defense's job is to get stops.
Not in this scheme.. it's their job to get the ball back. Sure, preferably that is through stops, but it's fundamentally a different idea as the scheme wants as many possessions for the offense as possible, not time of possession. That is why they take so many risks, and sometimes get burned, and give up approx 30pts a game. This is by design. It's the offense's job to score more than that, esp with the extra possessions.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT