ADVERTISEMENT

Chiefs - Titans

Charlie Marlow

Athletic Director
Sep 23, 2005
In Your Head
I just can't picture Kansas City in the Super Bowl, sorry.

And I don't think KC's run defense matches up well with Henry, etc

And now KC is trash talking Henry?

I predict a sad day for Chief fans.

Not a fan of any specific team, I just enjoy the NFL in general. I can't see the Titans winning this game. I get the Henry angle, I just think the Chiefs will score enough to win by 10.

Can't wait for this game. Not a big NFL guy but I've been in on the Chiefs since childhood.

The Titans love to eat up the clock with Henry. So how can the Chiefs beat that? Score. Then score some more.

Grew up with the Chiefs.
Steve DeBerg
Christian Okoye
Barry Word
Harvey Williams
Derrick Thomas and Neal Smith
Dan Saleamua
Kimble Anders
To the Trent Green era with Priest, Dante Hall, Dwayne Bowe, Tony G., Donnie Edwards

all these years have been great. As a long time Chiefs fan, it doesn’t feel like the drought has been this long, but in reality, it has been life long.
But here it is, a chance at the pinnacle of sports! It would be incredible to have our team in the big game! I’m very nervous for this one tomorrow. Hopefully we can get up early and force Tennessee to play from behind. The loss to the Titans earlier this year had some crazy things happen. Damien Williams scoop and score and the blocked FG (Kalu) at the end of regulation. Hopefully we can avoid these mistakes tomorrow!

Taking the Chiefs in this one. I don’t feel overly confident about that pick with Henry mauling the last few defenses they’ve faced.

Reactions: headcard
I just can't picture Kansas City in the Super Bowl, sorry.

And I don't think KC's run defense matches up well with Henry, etc

And now KC is trash talking Henry?

I predict a sad day for Chief fans.

chiefs fan here. Henry is my only concern. That said, our defense the second half of the season has been a 180 compared to the first half. Henry is going to get his yards. No doubt. The question really is can Tennessee stop Mahomes, Kelce and Hill? Mahomes and Kelce took over last week and those two are on a mission. I won’t lie, Henry scares me and Tennessee could very well ride him to a Super Bowl. But I think KC wins the day tomorrow.

Reactions: headcard
The Titans making the super bowl would be a ratings disaster. I’d prefer to see Chiefs vs Packers or 49ers.

Broncos fan here...while the thought of our trailer park little brothers to the east finally making a Super Bowl in their fans lifetime (which is considerably shorter than the U.S. average due to incest & meth), I think they finally get over the hump today...49ers would have the best shot at denying Mahomes and Co. a SB but as a pure football fan, got to admit a Chiefs/Pack Super Bowl would be fun...despite all my junk talk to Chief fan over the years, go get it boys (don’t overlook those Titans though)

If Chiefs win today it’s over. Pack or 9ers can’t play with them
You mean outside of week 8 when GB beat KC @KC?

The Packers are probably the most balanced team left.

the issue with the Titans is if they fall behind, they are toast. No passing game. That will be a problem for TN today when they fall behind early. They won’t be able to match KC scoring.

the issue with the Titans is if they fall behind, they are toast. No passing game. That will be a problem for TN today when they fall behind early. They won’t be able to match KC scoring.
Yes the game might be different when the reigning mvp and best player in the nfl actually plays in the game. I think the 49ers have the best roster left but mahomes is so good with all of those weapons that’d be a really fun super bowl. They would wreck the packers.

I think the Chiefs win...my son is covering the game for CBS out of Topeka and WHEN the Chiefs win he is going to the Super Bowl to cover that game.....and I have friggin Dish TV and Dish still has the dispute with CBS.....but I do get pics and texts from my son from the sidelines and press box
Arrowhead is going to be CRAZY loud

Mahomes didn’t play in that game!

I think the Chiefs win...my son is covering the game for CBS out of Topeka and WHEN the Chiefs win he is going to the Super Bowl to cover that game.....and I have friggin Dish TV and Dish still has the dispute with CBS.....but I do get pics and texts from my son from the sidelines and press box
Arrowhead is going to be CRAZY loud
Are you too far out of range to get the game with an antenna?

Gosh, if the Chiefs hadn't trash-talked Henry, the Titans wouldn't have been motivated at all today. Now they've done it....LOL.

Henry is a load, no doubt. OTOH, Mahomes is a load. Kelce is a load. Hill is a load. Hardman is a load. Frank Clark and Tyrann Mathieu are loads on defense. The Chiefs scored 51 points in 3 quarters against the team that won the Titan's division. The best player in the NFL by a wide margin plays QB for the Chiefs.

Maybe Ryan Tannehill makes the Super Bowl before Patrick Mahomes. Or, maybe the Chiefs win today, 38-17.

It's all going to come down to the Titans D. The Titans can slow the game down with Henry and maybe keep it close for a while, but eventually you have to be able to stop Mahomes.

#GoBirds
#FEF
#GBR

You are dead wrong about Green Bay. They are at best the 3rd best team left. Go check out the total offense and defense statistics this year and points per game on offense and defense for all remaining teams.

You are dead wrong about Green Bay. They are at best the 3rd best team left. Go check out the total offense and defense statistics this year and points per game on offense and defense for all remaining teams.
Sorry I meant most balance offense and yes they are. KC lacks a true run game, Titans lack a passing game, SF is alright at both but the two Aaron’s are pretty dam good. Jones is having a monster year, better than any SF back. And are you going to tell me handsome Jimmy is better than Rodgers?

The issue GB has had us traveling to California has been awful for them for a few seasons now. 13-1 this season in games not played in CA and 0-2 in games played in CA. I think that changes today.

Sorry I meant most balance offense and yes they are. KC lacks a true run game, Titans lack a passing game, SF is alright at both but the two Aaron’s are pretty dam good. Jones is having a monster year, better than any SF back. And are you going to tell me handsome Jimmy is better than Rodgers?

The issue GB has had us traveling to California has been awful for them for a few seasons now. 13-1 this season in games not played in CA and 0-2 in games played in CA. I think that changes today.

Offensive numbers for remaining teams:

Pass offense rankings:
KC 5
SF 13
GB 17
Ten 21

Rushing offense rankings:
KC 23
SF 2
GB 15
Ten 3

Points per game:
KC 3
SF 2
GB 14
Tenn 8

Last edited:
Mahomes didn’t play in that game!
True but they still lost. Not to mention KC was playing better with Moore than with Mahomes from week 4 thru week 10. PM was 2-3 during that time and Moore 2-1.

Obviously Mahomes is better then Moore. I’m not sure anyone is better than PM. I’m not downplaying his ability. But just stating facts that I don’t think people should discount either. KC isn’t unbeatable. O’Brien doesn’t make two vital mistakes last week in the 2nd Q, KC may not even be in the Equation. But I just feel like KC fans are a bit crazy delusional at times when their team is very good. Any given Sunday my friends, anyone can be beat. This is the NFL and not college. Everyone has talent

Reactions: sloth316
Offensive numbers for remaining teams:

Pass offense rankings:
KC 5
SF 13
GB 17
Ten 21

Rushing offense rankings:
KC 23
SF 2
GB 15
Ten 3

Points per game:
KC 3
SF 2
GB 14
Tenn 8
So yeah, pretty balanced? Thanks for showing that for me

Weak......
It’s true. Are you going to pretend KC has a running game or TN has a passing game? Do you watch NFL football or just try to generalize the game with stats? Yes SF is well balanced if not more. I just think GB has a better RB then what they have. Same for QB.

sf v kc in sb.
dont like either that much, but thats my gut.

It’s true. Are you going to pretend KC has a running game or TN has a passing game? Do you watch NFL football or just try to generalize the game with stats? Yes SF is well balanced if not more. I just think GB has a better RB then what they have. Same for QB.

Quit being a clown. Green Bay has been nothing but mediocre across the board on offense. The argument can be made that Tennessee has a better offense. The numbers dont lie. Each team remaining is really good at one and good to average at the other. Just bow out...

Quit being a clown. Green Bay has been nothing but mediocre across the board on offense. The argument can be made that Tennessee has a better offense. The numbers dont lie. Each team remaining is really good at one and good to average at the other. Just bow out...
TN offense > GB offense? Sorry...not seeing that at all. Rodgers, Jones, Adam's, etc.

The Chiefs lost by a TD and that was without Mahomes. I think a KC/GB Super Bowl favors the Chiefs. Chiefs 9ner’s I thin favors SF.
I’m not picking GB to win the super bowl. I’m not even picking them to win today. It’s really a toss up to me who makes the super bowl in the NFC. I totally expect KC to win it and IMO they are the favorite to win the super bowl and also Vegas favorite right now to win the SB. I just think GB has a solid balance on offense and I think their record proves that. KC for the first time in a very very long time doesn’t have a strong running game. I’m sorry if the truth hurts but it’s true. They don’t have a great back. Having said all of that watch D Williams run all over the place today.

Chiefs can run. Chiefs barely run. They average 4.3 ypc, which is average. Williams is a capable back. That isn’t their game.

ADVERTISEMENT