ADVERTISEMENT

check out the PFF grades on HOL

HominidHusker

First Team All-Big Ten
Jun 25, 2018
Not many surprises, but let’s mention the obvious defense and WR’s looking best.
Betts had zero WR snaps- WTF??

Banks and Corcoran were awful, then Jurgens was bad, and Sichterman came ahead of Piper.

Allen with a poor blocking grade.

Not many surprises, but let’s mention the obvious defense and WR’s looking best.

Banks and Corcoran were awful, then Jurgens was bad, and Sichterman came ahead of Piper.

Agreed. It gives a clearer picture of what is happening. I hope they do this for every game.

It also raises questions: what happened to Tyreke Johnson, Braxton Clark, Zavier Betts, Noa Pola-Gates, Alante Brown, and Will Nixon? Or Scott, Morrison, and Yant? (not saying these guys would have saved the day)

All this hype for the WR, and Wyatt freaking Liewer had the second highest targets?

Reactions: BleedRed78
Agreed. It gives a clearer picture of what is happening. I hope they do this for every game.

It also raises questions: what happened to Tyreke Johnson, Braxton Clark, Zavier Betts, Noa Pola-Gates, Alante Brown, and Will Nixon? Or Scott, Morrison, and Yant? (not saying these guys would have saved the day)

All this hype for the WR, and Wyatt freaking Liewer had the second highest targets?
Nixon wasn’t even on travel roster which surprised me, unless he’s injured.

Was surprised Morrison had zero touches, but our run game was pretty inept with only 54 yds rushing by RBs.
Going down 3 scores didn’t help matters.

I think OL may look worse because Adrian holds on to ball too long and takes sacks instead of throwing it away. But they obviously weren’t excelling either.

Why play Betts when you can run Wyatt Liewer out there?

And people wonder why Nebraska kids worth a salt do not want to come to Lincoln to play for the loser.

Pretty much every time we complain about certain players not getting in, when they finally get a chance they end up being nothing special. As horrible as this staff is, they probably know who the best options are for playing time.

None of those guys will come in and improve the team. Time to just face the music: this team sucks.

Adrian makes this entire team so much worse. Defense on the field forever, and he’s just so so terrible in the pocket.

Never understood all the allen hype- this is yet another player we’ve watched have little to no impact in 3 years.

Betts stuff is beyond strange. I cannot stand Lubick, who looks like he needs to go back into the banking business.

Pretty much every time we complain about certain players not getting in, when they finally get a chance they end up being nothing special. As horrible as this staff is, they probably know who the best options are for playing time.

None of those guys will come in and improve the team. Time to just face the music: this team sucks.
The team does not suck. They have ability, heck, what happened between now and high school? These guys were all gods in High school. It is coaching I’m beyond convinced now. It’s ALL on coaching

Reactions: countrybob
The team does not suck. They have ability, heck, what happened between now and high school? These guys were all gods in High school. It is coaching I’m beyond convinced now. It’s ALL on coaching
That's what I mean. I'm not saying the talent on this team bad. Of course we're talented enough to beat up on most of the division.

My point is the backups aren't going to save the team because they're coached by the same horrible staff that the starters are coached by.

Reactions: Goosee
The OL sucking again is inexcusable. AM isn't doing them any favors, but neither are they.
Having Banks/Corcoran and Sichterman lacking game experience, our team really could have used a warm up game against a cupcake.
We’re not the type of team apparently to be ready the first week of the season.
Not certain it would have changes much, but could have helped matters.

ADVERTISEMENT