ADVERTISEMENT

Chase Allen

I think he said he would announce on twitter after school was out and Nixa is out at 2:30. So sometime after 2:30.

Sean Callahan thinks he's N? At least that is what 93.7 twotter is saying.

His dad, Terry Allen, is from Iowa and coached at Iowa State from 2000 to 2003. The family loves the Cyclones.

Wow, so go to a place where you will get every advantage imaginable to help you make the league in Nebraska, with the chance to win some hardware, or go to a place because daddy coached there at the beginning of the century, guarantee yourself 4 losing seasons, pathetic facilities and then straight on to selling insurance with no sniff of the NFL. If this is his choice, I would have to question our interest in him in the 1st place.

Reactions: HBK4life

LL

As a Texans fan, we affectionately call that the Rosencopter. Whenever something awful happens that blows your mind in a terrible way, it's the go-to gif.

Wow, so go to a place where you will get every advantage imaginable to help you make the league in Nebraska, with the chance to win some hardware, or go to a place because daddy coached there at the beginning of the century, guarantee yourself 4 losing seasons, pathetic facilities and then straight on to selling insurance with no sniff of the NFL. If this is his choice, I would have to question our interest in him in the 1st place.

Great young coach at ISU. No question Allen would be featured. Good enough facilities. Nice campus. Apparently family ties there with his coaching background.

As a former Iowa State grad, there's worse places to be. I like the campus way better than NU's.

If you've got NFL talent, the NFL will find you. As Mr Rosenfels and Mr Wallace know.

All that said I really hope he picks NU.

A player's chances of playing in the NFL have nothing to with his school of choice. If an NFL tight end was lining up Concordia College in Seward, NFL scouts would be aware.

There should be much more than football wins and losses factoring into the decision where a kid is going to spend the next four years getting an education. There is nothing wrong with this kid if he decides to go to ISU.

Read an article that said Iowa state new O coordinator uses a run first offense... Wouldn't think that would be appealing to chase...

Edit: I guess good for play action...

Read an article that said Iowa state new O coordinator uses a run first offense... Wouldn't think that would be appealing to chase...

Edit: I guess good for play action...

So does Harbaugh, and he was the leader at one time.

I think if you play TE, you kinda figure that, you aren't going to be a glamor guy in most any offense unless you are Vernon Davis

Reactions: timnsun

So that will be the standard for future recruiting? If it were the other way around and kid was comparing Nebraska to Alabama would that make any difference. Iowa State, from everything I have read is a top tier educational institution with a very nice campus. Guess Riley needs to redo his check list before recruiting kids now.

So negative. ISU just completed a new stadium addition. The football facilities are updated with promise of more and they have a young and dynamic coach that has had success. With the new coach Husker fans better get used to having to contest for recruits. I've noticed since he took over the clones are starting to go after some of the same kids Nebraska is pursing.

wow did I ever get some people wound up on this Iowa St. board... Oh wait, you mean this is a Husker board? Damn... Listen, ok maybe I went over the top about how bad Iowa St is... But that shouldn't take away from a couple of points, 1. Nebraska has better facilities and overall structure to help the kid reach his dreams. Granted, you could in Iowa St. too under the right circumstances, but the chances are much better at Nebraska. 2. There great young coach has been coaching Toledo. We'll see how he does when the competition ratches up and he isn't on a somewhat level MAC recruiting field.

ISU also has an outstanding engineering program which is what this young man wants to pursue.
Uhhhh...Nebraska ALSO has an outstanding Engineering college. You can go anywhere you want with an engineering degree from NU. ISU has a better Aerospace program but the rest of their college is similar to NU's. I havent' checked national ranking lately but IMO the ranking system is kind of bogus and takes in to account things that don't affect the quality of education attainable. Beyond that ISU and Iowa both have been having issues with funding from state government.

Bright lights and big cities isn't necessarily for everyone. In some ways, its kind of refreshing to see a kid make that decision. Sure, he'd have been good here, but at least we don't have to see him each season in an opposing uniform.

Bright lights and big cities isn't necessarily for everyone. In some ways, its kind of refreshing to see a kid make that decision. Sure, he'd have been good here, but at least we don't have to see him each season in an opposing uniform.
So you're saying he has announced for?

Uhhhh...Nebraska ALSO has an outstanding Engineering college. You can go anywhere you want with an engineering degree from NU. ISU has a better Aerospace program but the rest of their college is similar to NU's. I havent' checked national ranking lately but IMO the ranking system is kind of bogus and takes in to account things that don't affect the quality of education attainable. Beyond that ISU and Iowa both have been having issues with funding from state government.

You can probably do pretty well from either school, I ended up going to ISU on the strength of their aerospace program. The architecture/construction/civil engineering program is probably top 5, I think it used to be tops.

For me, engineering is a no brainer ISU choice. Twice a year they turn Hilton into the nation's largest career fair for engineers.

The kid has an NFL frame, so he may not even use his degree, but an ISU selection wouldn't confuse me at all.

Reactions: Archie Graham
So does Harbaugh, and he was the leader at one time.

I think if you play TE, you kinda figure that, you aren't going to be a glamor guy in most any offense unless you are Vernon Davis
Huh? Michigan runs a pretty balanced O that features the TE. Not sure if you noticed but our TE this year was 1st team All B10 and a 2nd Team AP All-American. And you mentioned Vernon Davis...you do know that he played for Harbaugh, right?

Huh? Michigan runs a pretty balanced O that features the TE. Not sure if you noticed but our TE this year was 1st team All B10 and a 2nd Team AP All-American. And you mentioned Vernon Davis...you do know that he played for Harbaugh, right?

Balanced offense is a dirty word around here.

Reactions: anon_umk0ifu6vj6zi
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT