ADVERTISEMENT

Chase Allen is not N

Welp, hope he has fun. At least he'll be able to claim a few "Super Bowl" wins over I_wa between the losing seasons. Better play his arse off if he wants any hope of the NFL from Ames.

Reactions: H20SIS
Got no hate towards him, was hoping we'd land him...but im guessing his dads ties, connections and love for ISU probably had a big pull in his choice. At least we wont have to face him every year.

Wow, that is strange. This makes no sense whatsoever.

It makes a ton of sense, you don't pay attention but instead, jump to a conclusion of confusion...
  1. Michigan, his first choice
  2. Iowa State, his second choice
  3. Nebraska, his third choice
  • Scored something like a 33 on his ACT
  • Wants something specialized in Engineering
  • Dad coached at Northern Iowa for 16 seasons
    • Rumors that his dad is going back to UNI for an administration position
  • Dad coached at Iowa State for 4 seasons
    • Which means the kid spent 4 years in Ames

Welp, hope he has fun. At least he'll be able to claim a few "Super Bowl" wins over I_wa between the losing seasons. Better play his arse off if he wants any hope of the NFL from Ames.

Lol, I played college basketball at a really small school in Iowa (NAIA Div 2) and we had a player go to the NFL. If he is good enough I'm sure they will be able to find him on a power 5 conference.

If at the end of the day he enjoys Ames more than Lincoln there isn't much more we can do.

Reactions: arf_man
It makes a ton of sense, you don't pay attention but instead, jump to a conclusion of confusion...
  1. Michigan, his first choice
  2. Iowa State, his second choice
  3. Nebraska, his third choice
  • Scored something like a 33 on his ACT
  • Wants something specialized in Engineering
  • Dad coached at Northern Iowa for 16 seasons
    • Rumors that his dad is going back to UNI for an administration position
  • Dad coached at Iowa State for 4 seasons
    • Which means the kid spent 4 years in Ames

If he wants engineering that is the spot to go. I was talking engineering with a former astronaut that went to Hastings for his undergrad since I work in construction / engineering and he said there is no better school and was giving me a lot of highlights. Good choice by that kid.

Cupboard not bare. Carter and Foster are gonna be seniors. Sam Cotton and Luke Mcnitt got a couple years left. Matt Snyder redshirted last year and will be a good one. Got Jack Stoll this year. We be fine, just grab one or two next year. GBR

I guess there is a big kid in Aurora ('17) that is offer worthy as well.

If he wants engineering that is the spot to go. I was talking engineering with a former astronaut that went to Hastings for his undergrad since I work in construction / engineering and he said there is no better school and was giving me a lot of highlights. Good choice by that kid.
If he's interested in aerospace engineering it was probably the best choice of his options. If not, I don't think he could have gone wrong with any of them. The bottom line it sounds to me had more to do with his familiarity with Ames than anything else. It certainly wasn't the prestige of the program that drew him.

Allen's are a great family. Got to know his dad who recruited my son to ISU. Education is important so is great a young person can identify at an early age where he can pursue the best way to achieve his goals. Hard to criticize a young man like him.

If he's interested in aerospace engineering it was probably the best choice of his options. If not, I don't think he could have gone wrong with any of them. The bottom line it sounds to me had more to do with his familiarity with Ames than anything else. It certainly wasn't the prestige of the program that drew him.
Prestige gets you nothing. He likes it good for him.i bet he will have no regrets.

I have no problem with this kid picking ISU. His early years and probably first memories of football probably came when they were at ISU and he probably became a fan. He is a smart kid and likes their engineering program. Seems like a down to earth kid that comes from a good family. Good luck to him. Hope he succeeds there.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT