ADVERTISEMENT

Chargers, Raiders, & Rams request move to L.A.

Wow.....interesting to see how this plays out. I don't see how both stadiums get built - and they are already building the stadium the Rams want to move to. But I guess just about anything could happen.

So once LA has a stadium and a team (or two), what city becomes the NFL owners' new "Build us a new stadium or we move to ____" destination?

I'm going to say Toronto - gigantic media market and the NFL is very popular there. Toronto would have to pony up big for a new stadium though, since the Rogers Centre isn't large enough and hasn't aged very well.

London? Mexico City? Could both be potential international destinations for the NFL.
San Antonio is about the only US city I can see taking on a team.

My in-laws live in St. Louis. The media buzz there is that if the Rams move out, the Jaguars could move in. Apparently the Rams owner (Kroenke) married a Walton so has billions in Walmart money, but has no clue what he is doing. He won't speak to the St. Louis media or give any clue what he wants to do.

My in-laws live in St. Louis. The media buzz there is that if the Rams move out, the Jaguars could move in. Apparently the Rams owner (Kroenke) married a Walton so has billions in Walmart money, but has no clue what he is doing. He won't speak to the St. Louis media or give any clue what he wants to do.
We've been talking about this in Oakland for the last year, no surprise here. Hope they don't get it.

You do not know what you are talking about. Kroenke was wealthy in his own right before he married his wife. He also owns the Denver Nuggets, Colorado Avalanche, Colorado Rapids and Arsenal F.C. I would say that he has plenty of experience and knowledge in running a sports franchise.

GBR!!

I know they are planning on building a new stadium in St. Louis regardless if the Ram stay or not, because another team would replace Rams if they leave.

I don't understand a team moving back to LA, let along two. I spent too many games in less than 50K Coliseum crowds when the Raiders were here. In 1994, 4 of 8 home games had less than 50K. The last game of the season against the Chiefs had a season high 64K in attendance, but it had playoff ramifications and we all knew it was the Raiders last game in SoCal. That same season the Rams had 4 games in Anaheim Stadium with less than 35K fans. Not only were the crowds small, but many times the away team made up more than half in attendance. Especially true when the Packers came to Anaheim Stadium. Made me think there are more Wisconians in SoCal than Wisconsin.

I know there is a lot more to revenue than attendance, but the support for the Rams and Raiders in SoCal was previously pathetic.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT