ADVERTISEMENT

Chains on the doors?

I like Tim. I think he's very good & creative in regards to creating a buzz around the program.

As far as X's & O's? It remains to be seen. We'll know more once he gets some fresh faces in the program. Some of the current players don't seem to have a strong basketball IQ.

Especially interested in seeing how Morrow & Watson turn out.

Originally posted by litespeedhuskerfan:
I'm curious how they intend on improving if they can't practice..
I think it's just the lounge.
Pretty sure they can and will practice.

Their lounge is nicer than 99 percent of athletes (pro or college) get to use. Time to stop coddling. If they want to quit, take things away because apparently they don't care anyway. This offseason needs to be spent building trust among the returning players.
Posted from Rivals Mobile

Originally posted by c2o:
Originally posted by litespeedhuskerfan:
I'm curious how they intend on improving if they can't practice..
I think it's just the lounge.
Pretty sure they can and will practice.
Apparently their coach hasn't given up on the season just yet. If they can get hot from 3 they are capable of beating any of the teams they have left on the schedule. Not likely but possible. IF I were betting on the remainder of the season I would bet they lose the rest of em. Miles obviously isn't ready to cry uncle yet.

Following his team's Nebraska coach Tim Miles blocked his team's access to its locker room and lounge. He also banned players from speaking to the media.

[+] Enlarge
This post was edited on 2/22 9:46 PM by VandallHuskerJulie

espn

to me it looked like miles quit when he rolled out a lineup of Fuller, Rivers, L. Smith, Parker, and Webster when we were down 14 or so in the first half. We have 3 guys that can score and when they're all on the bench, well, we saw what happened. (That in no way excuses getting down 14 in the first place.)

I support Tim 100%. I think he is exactly what Nebraska needs. My only complaint (take this with a grain of salt as he and his staff have forgotten more about basketball than I will ever know) is watching the offense it appears everyone just stands around. Where is the movement? It seems more like street ball and not a continues movement of players to pass to get a good shot. Again he and his staff know a hell of a lot more than i will ever know this is just one idiots thoughts. My 3 years of high school basketball 25 years ago isnt worth a lot today :)

Go Tim Miles we support your tough love.

If anything, he should lock the players inside the gym until they start making shots.

Originally posted by bomber89:
I support Tim 100%. I think he is exactly what Nebraska needs. My only complaint (take this with a grain of salt as he and his staff have forgotten more about basketball than I will ever know) is watching the offense it appears everyone just stands around. Where is the movement? It seems more like street ball and not a continues movement of players to pass to get a good shot. Again he and his staff know a hell of a lot more than i will ever know this is just one idiots thoughts. My 3 years of high school basketball 25 years ago isnt worth a lot today :)

Go Tim Miles we support your tough love.
I can guarantee you that Miles isn't coaching his guys to stand around.

But at what point do we (Tim Miles and us) start to think that this team isn't very talented and is just a bottom B1G team?

It's one thing to discipline a team that is way underachieving and another thing to come down hard on a team that just isn't very good. I use to think this team was underachieving but the last few weeks have came to realize its just not a talented basketball team. Last year may have been a result of a hell of a run in late January to early March and it was just a fluke.

Give it time Coach Miles and fans. This isn't the team. Next year, a bunch of key guys will have some more experience and Miles is bringing in true basketball talent with 2015's class.

-Watson needs to come in ready to play the point day 1.
-Jacobson & McVeigh (from the limited film I've seen) are shooters that NU badly needs. Redshirt year most likely at least for McVeigh to gets some much needed muscle to his frame.
- & Morrow is a future all B1G first teamer.

Best class NU may have had ever in basketball. Stay the course fans. It's going to happen. We are going to be fine in a year or two.

Originally posted by spinner4:
But at what point do we (Tim Miles and us) start to think that this team isn't very talented and is just a bottom B1G team?

It's one thing to discipline a team that is way underachieving and another thing to come down hard on a team that just isn't very good. I use to think this team was underachieving but the last few weeks have came to realize its just not a talented basketball team. Last year may have been a result of a hell of a run in late January to early March and it was just a fluke.

Give it time Coach Miles and fans. This isn't the team. Next year, a bunch of key guys will have some more experience and Miles is bringing in true basketball talent with 2015's class.

-Watson needs to come in ready to play the point day 1.
-Jacobson & McVeigh (from the limited film I've seen) are shooters that NU badly needs. Redshirt year most likely at least for McVeigh to gets some much needed muscle to his frame.
- & Morrow is a future all B1G first teamer.

Best class NU may have had ever in basketball. Stay the course fans. It's going to happen. We are going to be fine in a year or two.
Whats bad spinner is that our world now days is one of instant gratification & what have you done for me lately. I for one would never think about getting rid of TM at this stage of the game. BTW, I pretty much agree with everything you just stated here.

Not a surprise from Miles. You could tell that under that exterior of being so funny and media savvy, there was that layer of, "If you f*** with me, you're going to get to see another side."

They f***ed with him. Sounds like they're off the rails mentally and they want to quit because their goals are shot. There is no quit in that man, he's one of those people who is just the coolest guy you could wanna meet UNTIL he smells a whiff of laziness, and then it's not cute any more.

Tim was like, "THAT'S IT! I'M SHUTTIN' DOWN THE STUDIO!!!"

mN6naSt.gif

I never thought I would see #31 ignore his coach and sit on the bench without caring. These guys don't even care enough to catch passes anymore. Considering a good chunk of them struggle to simply catch passes cleanly even when things were going better, maybe simple passing/receiving drills for the whole practice will get the point across. I am not kidding when I say the 5th graders I coach reminded me of what I saw yesterday. And those kids know that posession and teamwork is key, that crap yesterday had no business being on a division 1 basketball floor.
Posted from Rivals Mobile

Agree 4.6.3. Can't believe what I saw from those guys and I would think #31's dad may have a few words to say to him. Body language from most with about 8 to play first half til the end of the game was pitiful. No pressure on either side of the court and Iowa knew it.

Will Shields @Wshields68 · 3h 3 hours ago

How does a coach challenge the team and still put players in the right mindset to win? #Teamball

ADVERTISEMENT