ADVERTISEMENT

CFB betting week 5

Does this eventually get corrected? By corrected, I mean Vegas can't have Wyoming & NC State to continue to not cover the spread, right?
Everything corrects eventually. Some teams are still outperforming expectations and others just continue to reel. In the past, Vegas usually got almost all the teams right after about 3 weeks, but thus far it hasn't happened.

Keep in mind some of those wide margins beating the spread by Tenn and Miss are in games they were favored by 40 points and won by 60-70 points.

This is not meant as a guide on teams to bet on or against, I'm just pointing out the best and worst performing teams in the first 4 weeks, doesn't mean it will continue.

Most guys on here don't buy into how I do things, so I'm not gonna waste my time repeating some of it again.

So I took $290 and placed $5 bets on all 58 college games on the book I use, all ATS, no ML, no totals. Probably stupid and I will probably lose all $290 but I thought it would be fun. Best case scenario, in my mind, is that I break even.
This is awesome! I actually might do this next weekend as it sounds fun as hell. That's real gambling!

Reactions: king_kong_
don't take that

major let down spot coming off a very emotional road win

state penn by a billion
I feel this is what is going to happen.

PSU probably jumps out quick. Everyone gets to see that the Illini actually suck and that NU just picked a bad time to forget how to play football.

I won't be shocked if Illinois struggles to get 14 points.

I feel this is what is going to happen.

PSU probably jumps out quick. Everyone gets to see that the Illini actually suck and that NU just picked a bad time to forget how to play football.

I won't be shocked if Illinois struggles to get 14 points.
The fact that it’s a penn st night game could be more of the reason the spread is high more than a Illini let down.

Life is too short to bet the under. The overs I like. Gonna do just some fun 10 a game.

Miami vs. Va Tech - 54.5
Kentucky vs. Ole Miss - 53.5
Okie St Vs. KSU - 55.5
Louisville vs ND - 45.5
Ohio St vs. MSU - 48
Oregon vs. UCLA 55
Historically since 2020, these are the results of games with the above OVERs. (Top to bottom):

10-5
8-6
9-8
10-3
2-2-1
8-5-1

The total is 47-29 or "statistically" you have a 62% chance of hitting these. (Not bad!).

Louisville and ND, by percentage, have the highest likelihood of hitting.

Alright boys, I have been God awful lately so load up on the other side on these to make you mortgage payments for the month.

UConn -5.5
NC State -5.5
Wake Forest -3
San Diego State/Central Michigan under 53.5
North Texas -6.5

don't really love the board this weekend

alas. so far, I have:

Miami -17.5 vs Va Tech

Maryland +7 (and Maryland ML +230) @ indiana
KU -2 vs TCU
UGA -1.5 @ Bama
Penn st -18 vs ILL
Ole Miss -17 vs UK
Minn +9 @ Mich
UNC +2.5 @ Duke
Wazzu +7 @ Boise St
UCLA +25.5 vs Oregon

Reactions: leodisflowers
Alright boys, I have been God awful lately so load up on the other side on these to make you mortgage payments for the month.

UConn -5.5
NC State -5.5
Wake Forest -3
San Diego State/Central Michigan under 53.5
North Texas -6.5
Hang in there, at one time or another we've all had crappy weeks.

Vegas has Wake Forest pegged pretty good so far this year.
Vegas has not been good with NC State so far, at this time, appear overrated by about 1+TD's.
North Texas has been very good in the OVERS.

I'm not playing any of these, so good luck ridge!

Last edited:
So I took $290 and placed $5 bets on all 58 college games on the book I use, all ATS, no ML, no totals. Probably stupid and I will probably lose all $290 but I thought it would be fun. Best case scenario, in my mind, is that I break even.
Well, you got 1 right so far so now worst case is only losing $285!

Lately I've been taking the specialty bets.

Nebraska first to 10
Nebraska first to 20
Tennessee first to 10
Tennessee first to 20

KSU and Notre Dame fvked me on the 1st half spread.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT