ADVERTISEMENT

Century Link will be rocking Sunday

Set up perfect for my bracket. Have the Shockers of KU. Should be a great environment.

Glad to see the Shockers win today. They'll need a much better first half in order to stay with Kansas, but I hope they can pull it off.

Wish I had tickets to sell on Stubhub!!
wink.r191677.gif

meh. not really. It's not a vintage KU team by any means. KU has some players with low basketball IQ (Mason, Traylor, Greene) who don't value their possessions. KU has blown many big leads this year. But they have also overcome many big deficits.

Fans from both teams were looking or tickets for Sunday as we left the arena walking back after the Indiana/ WSU game.both schools had plenty of fans watching both games.

Will be a tough ticket to pick up Sunday especially if your a fan of Wisconsin.

Hey guys, uneducated alert here - I don't follow college bball all that closely, can someone fill me in on the WSU-KU thing? I realize they're both in Kansas but is there bad blood beyond that?

KU supposedly refuses to play the Shockers. And I guess I don't blame them. Does them no good if they lose, and doesn't move the needle nationally if they win.
Posted from Rivals Mobile

nice haul!

and not many reasons for uk to play them. bugs the shit out of wsu fans, but wichita can be a battleground for in state talent.

plus, shocks have been pummeled by them in most meetings. i dont think wsu ad's are crazy about scheduling that too much, at least not as much they say they are...wsu has had a pretty good run without it.

Originally posted by huskerj12:
Hey guys, uneducated alert here - I don't follow college bball all that closely, can someone fill me in on the WSU-KU thing? I realize they're both in Kansas but is there bad blood beyond that?
a wsu student asked a ku student 'i go to wsu, where do you go to school at?' and the ku student replied, 'well, where i go school we do not end sentences with prepositions.' so, the wsu student rephrased the question, 'ok, where do you go to school at...asshole?!'

thats pretty much it.

Originally posted by HuskerTimOmaha:
Wichita State vs Kansas, the wait is over for Shockers fans.
Posted from Rivals Mobile
Dang it. After last week in Chicago that really makes me want to go to stuff like this.

Originally posted by tpmcg:

a wsu student asked a ku student 'i go to wsu, where do you go to school at?' and the ku student replied, 'well, where i go school we do not end sentences with prepositions.' so, the wsu student rephrased the question, 'ok, where do you go to school at...asshole?!'

thats pretty much it.
Nice joke. Doesn't it really have more to do with Kansas refusing to play Wichita in basketball, calling them little brother, saying that Kansas has nothing to gain from playing Wichita and will never schedule them? I'm sure there's an air of superiority that KU carries over the head of Wichita as well. Kansas is a decent school full chalk full of preps that love to party and talk sh*t but they're not exactly Michigan or Cal Berkley when it comes to state school academics. On top of that, Lawrence is a great town, and Wichita is...well...Wichita....

Originally posted by shine003:

Originally posted by tpmcg:

thats pretty much it.
Nice joke. Doesn't it really have more to do with Kansas refusing to play Wichita in basketball, calling them little brother, saying that Kansas has nothing to gain from playing Wichita and will never schedule them? I'm sure there's an air of superiority that KU carries over the head of Wichita as well. Kansas is a decent school full chalk full of preps that love to party and talk sh*t but they're not exactly Michigan or Cal Berkley when it comes to state school academics. On top of that, Lawrence is a great town, and Wichita is...well...Wichita....
uk likes to think theyre berkley of the midwest. its a great college town and yes, wichita suffers from inferiority complex. as i mentioned before, uk has no reason to play them.

ADVERTISEMENT