ADVERTISEMENT

Century Link/ PBA Comparison

NebraskaNative

Sophomore
Dec 2, 2005
Now that PBA has a year under its belt, I wanted to share my thoughts after attending the Tournament yesterday in Omaha:

The entire Haymarket setup is more convenient, in that everything is in closer proximity than Omaha, but not by much.. Staying at the Hilton is still a great experience in Omaha, right across the street. The restaurants are a bit further away in Omaha, but more and better choices in Omaha. Lincoln needs an Oyster bar like Plank, btw.

As to the arenas, PBA has fewer lousy seats and better sight lines. On the lower level of Centurylink, I am 6'4" and have trouble seeing around the person seated in front of me. Centurylink is very nice, but it seems like all the mistakes made with that design 15 years ago were corrected at PBA. The ability to walk around the top of the entire first level and still see the action at PBA is huge, for example.

All in all, two great set ups for the state, but I must say as a citizen of Lincoln, it really affirms that PBA hit it out of the park in terms of design. Omaha counters with a great food scene and a central location which is almost as convenient.

This post was edited on 3/21 12:21 PM by NebraskaNative

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News