ADVERTISEMENT

Celebrity guest picker for gameday, It's Gabby Union wearing Gaylord jersey..

Celebrity guest picker for Gameday?

• Gabby Union and D wade

Votes: 82 43.4%
  • Cable Guy

Votes: 28 14.8%
  • Jack Hoffman

Votes: 18 9.5%
  • Boxer Terence 'Bud' Crawford

Votes: 32 16.9%
  • Warren Buffett

Votes: 14 7.4%
  • Tom Osborne

Votes: 7 3.7%
  • Guest picker for gameday

Votes: 2 1.1%
  • Write in vote

Votes: 6 3.2%

• Total voters
No one has mentioned Clarence Thomas. I highly doubt they go that route and I hope they don’t but it’s possible

You really think Disney/ESPN would bring on the most conservative Supreme Court justice, in this political climate?

Jeez, given the injury situation and my incipient paranoia, I read the title of this thread twice as "Celebrity Guest KICKER for Gameday".

Reactions: mgbreis
I find it impossible to believe ESPN (for reasons I won't list because I don't want this to get locked) would entertain Larry the Cable Guy. But he would be my first choice, by a mile.

He sucks. He gives Nebraska the hick image we don't need nor want. The guy is a phony too.

Fllllaaaasssssshhhhhh and Gabby!

You really think Disney/ESPN would bring on the most conservative Supreme Court justice, in this political climate?

“I highly doubt they go that route”. Right there in my post. Literally the sentence after I wrote his name.

Larry the cable guy is from Pawnee city I believe his dad was a minister they moved to Florida in the 1970’s
That I know is the truth. I was always told that he’s part owner of Beatrice 77 livestock auction. I don’t know if that’s the truth of not
Dan is from Nebraska, his character "Larry the Cable Guy" he says is from Florida

Reactions: SoFL Husker
Bud Crawford would be fantastic too. He's probably the best choice if they want to stay "local." That guy is a beast, and a born and raised Husker!

I’m thinking it’s going to be Dax Shepard, ‘Star’ of ABC’s ‘Bless This Mess’. It’s basically a modern Green Acres that has two city people moving onto a farm in rural Nebraska. They coincidentally are running a football-themed commercial for the show this week that references Nebraska football.

Disney won’t give up an easy opportunity at cross promotion...

Jeez, given the injury situation and my incipient paranoia, I read the title of this thread twice as "Celebrity Guest KICKER for Gameday".
Honest to god I thought the same thing! My second thought was, "Hell yes, let's have George Clooney do the kicking, couldn't be any worse!"

Reactions: HuskerBlueDevil
Larry the cable guy is a stud and good man you shallow, arrogant yuppies.

Having said that Im good with Gabby or Bud, I think theyd be real good.

Bud is thought of by many as one of the top pound for pound boxers in the world. He also fights a lot on ESPN/ESPN+ It would be an easy cross promotion.
I thought he was going to be at the Spence fight that day. He would have to take a jet from Lincoln to LA, which is very doable

I love boxing and Bud is a great boxer but he isn’t a celebrity. Outside of Floyd, the sport just doesn’t carry the stardom any more. I’m sorry, that’s the world we live in. Adam has a new HBO series, was in modern family, workaholics, and the pitch perfect movies were big. Just seems like he’s the most relevant person Husker sports has as a fan.

Hell even Tommy Lee is outdated. To me it’s Union, Adam, or Buffet. Anything more is a bust and makes the state seem outdated

Reactions: SkerInCo
Larry the cable guy is a stud and good man you shallow, arrogant yuppies.

Having said that Im good with Gabby or Bud, I think theyd be real good.

Larry the Cable guy is sucking off your image of Nebraska.

Farce.

He can buy a Suite, he will NEVER own a spot. GBR

You do realize the way he talks, dresses, and acts in front of an audience is all to make money? I'm sure he's given more to the university and charity than you've made in your life.
Says the drunk dude from the coast.
Larry is a better husker than youll ever be. Done a lot for this state.

And hes funny as hell too.

Dan aka Larry has forked over $5M per year for his box on the East Stadium 50-yd line.

How bout kurt warner.. would make more sense if kade was playing but still a cool pick

I have no idea if Larry/Dan is a good guy or a bad guy, but at his peak he was pulling in $250K per stand-up show. I’m guessing most of us wouldn’t pass that up, even if someone on a message board thought we were a farce.

For the sake of recruiting and national image, Dwade and Union, Crawford or Jack make sense to me.

I would prefer either Crawford or Wade/Union due to their celebrity. Jack is a great story, but kind of lines up with the ‘nothing to do there’ stigma. Like we aren’t able to get a big name.
I agree from a great story level, Jack by a mile. If we are trying to modernize our national brand and image we need to get someone with some star power. I think Dwade and Union need to be it. There isn't a person in the country who won't recognize both or at least 1 of them. They are heavily recognized by recruits. Next would be Crawford, Then Larry, although I like Larry, many in the country already have us labeled as a small, nothing to do area. With only a bunch of farmers and rednecks living here. Larry kinda emphasizes that stereotype.

You know that tow trucks really can't talk too, right?
eb24c889101eda8031f6091763c32fdfd24e3b7b5466d571762e53020b257bd5.jpg

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT