ADVERTISEMENT

Celebrity guest picker for gameday, It's Gabby Union wearing Gaylord jersey..

Celebrity guest picker for Gameday?

• Gabby Union and D wade

Votes: 82 43.4%
  • Cable Guy

Votes: 28 14.8%
  • Jack Hoffman

Votes: 18 9.5%
  • Boxer Terence 'Bud' Crawford

Votes: 32 16.9%
  • Warren Buffett

Votes: 14 7.4%
  • Tom Osborne

Votes: 7 3.7%
  • Guest picker for gameday

Votes: 2 1.1%
  • Write in vote

Votes: 6 3.2%

• Total voters
For the sake of recruiting and national image, Dwade and Union, Crawford or Jack make sense to me.

I would prefer either Crawford or Wade/Union due to their celebrity. Jack is a great story, but kind of lines up with the ‘nothing to do there’ stigma. Like we aren’t able to get a big name.

I find it impossible to believe ESPN (for reasons I won't list because I don't want this to get locked) would entertain Larry the Cable Guy. But he would be my first choice, by a mile.

Reactions: PvilleHuskerTim
I voted Bud Crawford, but getting Dwayne Wade here for Nebraska and Lebrone James for Ohio State would be huge. I also think Comedian Actor Adam Devine would also be entertaining.

I actually would put Adam Devine behind Gabby Union as my top choices. Feel like Larry the cable guy would be the worst but that’s who ESPN will probably go with

Bud Crawford celebrity isn’t that big outside of the state of Nebraska

Reactions: jeans15
For the sake of recruiting and national image, Dwade and Union, Crawford or Jack make sense to me.

I would prefer either Crawford or Wade/Union due to their celebrity. Jack is a great story, but kind of lines up with the ‘nothing to do there’ stigma. Like we aren’t able to get a big name.
I agree. They should definitely do a story on Jack as an update and see where he is now. But as far as guest picker they need to get somebody well known.

Reactions: GretnaShawn
gab3-1.jpg

I voted Bud Crawford, but getting Dwayne Wade here for Nebraska and Lebrone James for Ohio State would be huge. I also think Comedian Actor Adam Devine would also be entertaining.
D-Wade will already be here for the basketball event. Just needs to call his buddy to join him.

Jack makes zero sense and would be a wasted opportunity.

I actually would put Adam Devine behind Gabby Union as my top choices. Feel like Larry the cable guy would be the worst but that’s who ESPN will probably go with

Bud Crawford celebrity isn’t that big outside of the state of Nebraska
Bud is thought of by many as one of the top pound for pound boxers in the world. He also fights a lot on ESPN/ESPN+ It would be an easy cross promotion.
I thought he was going to be at the Spence fight that day. He would have to take a jet from Lincoln to LA, which is very doable

Last edited:
DWade And Gab would have the most impact. Selfishly I want others, but That would be the smart pick.

Reactions: jeans15
No one has mentioned Clarence Thomas. I highly doubt they go that route and I hope they don’t but it’s possible

Dan Whitney the guy who plays Larry the Cable Guy says that Larry is from Florida
Larry the cable guy is from Pawnee city I believe his dad was a minister they moved to Florida in the 1970’s
That I know is the truth. I was always told that he’s part owner of Beatrice 77 livestock auction. I don’t know if that’s the truth of not

ADVERTISEMENT