ADVERTISEMENT

CBS Sports Mock draft...Lamar Jackson makes 1st round...

huskerssalts

Defensive Coordinator
Oct 6, 2014
Beatrice Nebraska
Here’s a read up I just read on a certain site...have a looksie...

“The college football season is only at its midpoint, but that hasn’t stopped outlets from rolling out NFL Mock Drafts and projected picks for next year’s draft.

CBS rolled out its latest first round mock draft, and there was a surprise addition to the mock from Nebraska. CBSSports projects that Nebraska senior corner Lamar Jackson could be a first round pick, slotting him to be the No. 17 overall pick in the first round to the Carolina Panthers.

“The Panthers still have a good defense but have problems in the secondary, especially at corner. Jackson is a huge, playmaking perimeter corner,” CBSSports wrote.”

the young man has came a long ways. He was a top 100 recruit that started as or played as a true freshman. He’s had some rough outings and definitely has been up and down. Since Scott Frost became the Husker Head Coach and the staff he brought with him, Lamar Jackson has since turned the corner and is now getting some much deserved love and respect after cashing in on his talents and playing more up to his true capabilities and the best part...he hasn’t even hit his ceiling. If things keep going good for him and he keeps progressing. Our Huskers will be adding another 1st round draft pick to the NFL....GBR

Last edited:

“The college football season is only at its midpoint, but that hasn’t stopped outlets from rolling out NFL Mock Drafts and projected picks for next year’s draft.

CBS rolled out its latest first round mock draft, and there was a surprise addition to the mock from Nebraska. CBSSports projects that Nebraska senior corner Lamar Jackson could be a first round pick, slotting him to be the No. 17 overall pick in the first round to the Carolina Panthers.

“The Panthers still have a good defense but have problems in the secondary, especially at corner. Jackson is a huge, playmaking perimeter corner,” CBSSports wrote.”

the young man has came a long ways. He was a top 100 recruit that started as or played as a true freshman. He’s had some rough outings and definitely has been up and down. Since Scott Frost became the Husker Head Coach and the staff he brought with him, Lamar Jackson has since turned the corner and is now getting some much deserved love and respect after cashing in on his talents and playing more up to his true capabilities and the best part...he hasn’t even hit his ceiling. If things keep going good for him and he keeps progressing. Our Huskers will be adding another 1st round draft pick to the NFL....GBR
How many years has it been since the Huskers have had a 1st round pick?

nah, 3rd at the earliest. I think 5th.

Reactions: TFrazier
I'd be a little surprised to see him go first round, but the NFL does seem to have liked big corners lately. Stanley Jean-Baptiste went 2nd round, which was probably a reach especially based on what he's done in the NFL but teams liked his measurables.

Reactions: huskerssalts
And people wonder what Braxton Clark meant by his "#underappreciated" tweet? :rolleyes:

no joke. Lamar Jackson is kicking some ass this year and putting up some nice numbers. The NFL loves those big CBs and he’s 6’3 215 pounds. He WILL get drafted and I wouldn’t be surprised if he goes 1st round to 3rd round. Most NFL teams will be looking at him as potential above all else. With a few more years of legit DB coaching, Jackson could be a good one in the league or least have a solid career. The Stanley Jean-Baptiste comment is dead on. Remember how they took him higher then most of us seen him going and Lamar Jackson is better then him and just as big.

Reactions: dinglefritz
Who is better.

This should be great because we dont have a power 5 corner on the other side right now.

I like Bootle better. Lamar Jackson has made huge strides. I just think Bootle is more fluid and a natural football player.

Reactions: jeans15
I like Bootle better. Lamar Jackson has made huge strides. I just think Bootle is more fluid and a natural football player.
Jackson has the size and athleticism that makes NFL GMs drool. Bootle has speed and plays hard but IF I'm drafting a guy, I'm taking Jackson.

Reactions: HuskerLLM
Why bump this? This thread is plenty old and was posted just to show what one site seen in Jackson. Was this really necessary? Oct 2019 and you bump it? Almost 7 months old...actually older.
Why are you so defensive?

I wouldn’t take it as an attack on you, you didn’t write the article. But I think there is clearly a divide between how we view our players/talent and the reality of the situation.

oh there definitely is. I remember when I posted this I came a crossed this and decided to share it. I know I was pro L Jackson and thought he was having a good senior year. I think he should have by passed on running the 40 yard dash...that may have helped at least some.

Reactions: Swiv3D
oh there definitely is. I remember when I posted this I came a crossed this and decided to share it. I know I was pro L Jackson and thought he was having a good senior year. I think he should have by passed the 40 yard dash...that may have helped at least some.
I am a fan of his too. He manned up and competed when faced with adversity, at a time a lot of guys around him were packing it up and quitting.

Well free agent it is. I got to say, 7-9 months ago I thought for sure he’d be a first day to second day draft pick. Then if you read my recent stuff I have been guessing 4th to 7th round...but I definitely didn’t expect Carlos Davis getting drafted while Jackson didn’t. I don’t think any of us seen that coming.

Last edited:
In the words of Dennis Green "They are who we thought they were......".

We want to it to be better for our program but NFL teams got it right. He was and always will be undraftable

Reactions: John_J_Rambo
oh there definitely is. I remember when I posted this I came a crossed this and decided to share it. I know I was pro L Jackson and thought he was having a good senior year. I think he should have by passed on running the 40 yard dash...that may have helped at least some.

He was slow, out of position, and missed tackles all season. Oh yea, he could not cover either. Then someone from the OMH said he aims to prove himself after going undrafted? Well last year was for proving himself and he was horrible. this is comical

Last edited:
Anyone look back hoping they didn’t make a dumb comment in this one?
Some of us didn't realize that he would post such a crappy 40 time at the combine. :oops: That was a shocker. He certainly looked faster than that in pads

Some of us didn't realize that he would post such a crappy 40 time at the combine. :oops: That was a shocker. He certainly looked faster than that in pads
I dont know about that. Add to that not great ball skills. If his nfl draft grade page was right 5 ints and 20 pbu his entire Husker career. Bet some team would have overlooked the lack of speed if he showed he could play the ball. Hell they would probably think they could move him to safety. (probably what he should have been).

Reactions: oldjar07
He was slow, out of position, and missed tackles all season. Oh yea, he could not cover either. Then someone from the OMH said he aims to prove himself after going undrafted? Well last year was for proving himself and he was horrible. this is comical

Ok, if you say so mr internet expert. If he was that bad, he wouldn’t have been signed at all...shows how much of an actual expert you really are...;) You making fun of a 7 month old post is comical to me.

I dont know about that. Add to that not great ball skills. If his nfl draft grade page was right 5 ints and 20 pbu his entire Husker career. Bet some team would have overlooked the lack of speed if he showed he could play the ball. Hell they would probably think they could move him to safety. (probably what he should have been).
Exactly, no ball skills, tons of missed tackles. Doesn't have great instincts. Easy to see why teams passed on him in the draft. Our corners have been vastly overrated just because they get a bunch of pbu's that should have been picks. It's probably why they get thrown at so much is no team is afraid it is going to be picked if the ball is thrown their way.

Reactions: huskerfan66
Ok, if you say so mr internet expert. If he was that bad, he wouldn’t have been signed at all...shows how much of an actual expert you really are...;) You making fun of a 7 month old post is comical to me.
Doesn't matter if it was 7 months ago. It was obvious throughout his entire career here he was nowhere close to a 1st round talent.

Reactions: huskerfan66
I remember texting a buddy, he was a 4.6 guy when all the press came up about him being drafted last year. Bottom line is the guy got straight up abused by some QBs and wide receivers throughout his career here. Being a 3 year starter and getting benched for a true freshman also isn't a good look. He did a nice job bouncing back and he's getting a shot in the league. Here is to hoping he does more with that chance than he did as a Husker.

Reactions: John_J_Rambo
Exactly, no ball skills, tons of missed tackles. Doesn't have great instincts. Easy to see why teams passed on him in the draft. Our corners have been vastly overrated just because they get a bunch of pbu's that should have been picks. It's probably why they get thrown at so much is no team is afraid it is going to be picked if the ball is thrown their way.
He do what he do.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT