ADVERTISEMENT

CBS article on Harbaugh

How many coaches are actually out there that can turn a program around almost instantly? We have obviously saw at Nebraska if its not instantly (no matter who the coach is) then its not good enough for many of our fans and same goes for Michigan.

There are maybe 3 coaches in my opinion that could turn a blue blood around instantly.

1. Urban Meyer as proven
2. Nick Saban
3. Pete Carrol

Who else do you think could do it?

How many coaches are actually out there that can turn a program around almost instantly? We have obviously saw at Nebraska if its not instantly (no matter who the coach is) then its not good enough for many of our fans and same goes for Michigan.

There are maybe 3 coaches in my opinion that could turn a blue blood around instantly.

1. Urban Meyer as proven
2. Nick Saban
3. Pete Carrol

Pete Carroll could do it as long as the fans and college would be OK with the fines and sanctions that would follow.

1. Urban Meyer as proven
2. Nick Saban
3. Pete Carrol

Harbaugh is in his 6th year, so that is nothing like “instantly”. It is odd that an ex nfl coach and qb can’t seem to recruit a college qb.

1. Urban Meyer as proven
2. Nick Saban
3. Pete Carrol

Not a fan of Pete Carrol. Saban and Urban could do it. But Saban isn't leaving Alabama to start over again and Urban wouldn't go to Michigan. There's some among the younger generation of coaches who can do it but we are not absolutely sure who they are yet. And Michigan alums want someone who has a Michigan connection and Michigan values so that narrows the field because they're snobbish. That's why they were so hot after Harbaugh.

1. Urban Meyer as proven
2. Nick Saban
3. Pete Carrol

I don't necessarily agree with this. There are programs which are historically blue blood, that some of the aforementioned coaches would not consider taking on because in reality they know how difficult it would be to take them to the top, as in it could possibly fail. We think we are one coach away from the top five, but college football has so much parity and is so competitive that getting there is not a guaranteed thing based on how much money you spend, what your history is or who you can hire.

I think Frost would have had more success now if he had better stability at the quarterback position the last two and a half years. He went all in on one player and a player hasn't delivered as hoped. It's not like it's all on that player either, but without the right man under center, good luck. You're basically in a holding pattern for a couple years hoping that it'll work out. And when you realize it doesn't, you're back at square one . Meanwhile the fans have their pitchforks and lanterns and are at the gates

Be gone Harbaugh, you have failed.

Your team has given up, you cannot develop talent, your defense gets torched against quality personnel and you wont allow your OC to do his job. I'm tired of your 6 years of schtick and BS. Youre boring and unimaginative and have zero innovation. Its year 6 and the fans are just hoping for 4-4. 4 and f**cking 4!?! Useless f**cking tool. Go coach Akron.

Harbaugh was a sexy choice for all the wrong reasons.

He was a "Michigan Man" with lineage directly to Bo.

This kind of thinking has tanked a lot of programs.

Alabama wandered in the wilderness looking for its next HC so they could have some connection to the Bear.

Nebraska wants that Tom Osborne glow through Frost who has yet to prove that he can be an effective coach in the Big10.

Its a stupid strategy enacted by stupid alumni and stupid Athletic Departments and supported by stupid fans because they think that somehow the magic will rub off. F**king idiots all. It doesn't work like that.

Everybody said he was a QB Whisperer because of Andrew Luck but how good a coach do you actually have to be when you have Andrew Luck? We have not had a QB that has progressed since year 1 when Jake Rudock after a rough 3 game start ended with a superb year.

At least Rich Rodriguez was on an upward trajectory and the team would have improved had they just got a decent DC instead of that awful POS Greg Robinson who couldn't coach his way out of a paper bag.

Yeah, I'm actually reminiscing for RichRod. F**k that too.

Fire him now, today, let the OC take over the team for the rest of the season and start shopping.

I feel much better now.

Go Blue!

• Haha
Reactions: SkerInCo
Fire him now, today, let the OC take over the team for the rest of the season and start shopping.
Shop for who? I understand it's a miserable season but I'd rather stick with Harbaugh and let him figure it out than start the merry go round again. The latest and greatest hot coach has pretty much sucked for everyone lately. Basically it's 3 teams dominating and everyone else mucks around year after year.

Reactions: TheNewNU

Your team has given up, you cannot develop talent, your defense gets torched against quality personnel and you wont allow your OC to do his job. I'm tired of your 6 years of schtick and BS. Youre boring and unimaginative and have zero innovation. Its year 6 and the fans are just hoping for 4-4. 4 and f**cking 4!?! Useless f**cking tool. Go coach Akron.

Alabama wandered in the wilderness looking for its next HC so they could have some connection to the Bear.

Nebraska wants that Tom Osborne glow through Frost who has yet to prove that he can be an effective coach in the Big10.

Its a stupid strategy enacted by stupid alumni and stupid Athletic Departments and supported by stupid fans because they think that somehow the magic will rub off. F**king idiots all. It doesn't work like that.

Everybody said he was a QB Whisperer because of Andrew Luck but how good a coach do you actually have to be when you have Andrew Luck? We have not had a QB that has progressed since year 1 when Jake Rudock after a rough 3 game start ended with a superb year.

At least Rich Rodriguez was on an upward trajectory and the team would have improved had they just got a decent DC instead of that awful POS Greg Robinson who couldn't coach his way out of a paper bag.

I feel much better now.

Go Blue!

WOW....WHAT A COACHING CAROUSEL.

As many have posted before, the game has changed and recruiting rules have changed. I'm not sure there are more than a handful of coaches that while at there current school can have consistant success.

Even many of these coaches may fail when they move....

1. Urban Meyer as proven
2. Nick Saban
3. Pete Carrol

Mac Brown

Reactions: Whippet92
Shop for who? I understand it's a miserable season but I'd rather stick with Harbaugh and let him figure it out than start the merry go round again. The latest and greatest hot coach has pretty much sucked for everyone lately. Basically it's 3 teams dominating and everyone else mucks around year after year.
I have no idea. I say be bold, look for mature consistently successful 2a coaching staff.

Clearly Michigan will need to adapt to and emulate Ohio State.

Harbaugh isn't the man to do it.

Go Blue!

WOW....WHAT A COACHING CAROUSEL.

As many have posted before, the game has changed and recruiting rules have changed. I'm not sure there are more than a handful of coaches that while at there current school can have consistant success.

Even many of these coaches may fail when they move....
I'm just looking at trajectory now. Harbaugh is not getting better. His teams are not competitive.

Michigan football sucks right now and my whole life they have not sucked so this sucks.

Michigan football should never suck. I'm confident many of you have similar sentiments for your favorite team.

Fire him.

Go Blue!

I feel much better now.

Go Blue!

We get it.

Question: What's up with the defense? I haven't seen Michigan play this season, but every time I have watched them in the Harbaugh era, my impression was always that the defense was extremely good, but that there was something hugely missing on the offensive side.

Question: What's up with the defense? I haven't seen Michigan play this season, but every time I have watched them in the Harbaugh era, my impression was always that the defense was extremely good, but that there was something hugely missing on the offensive side.

Corners are getting torched especially on crossing routes. Don Brown's defenses (high pressure, man to man, lots of blitzing) have been statistically very good.

However, they tend to get burned against high quality opposition.

Luckily for every Ohio State there are 2 or 3 Rutgers that hide the reality that the defense is bad against good competition.

In fairness to Don Brown his defenses have held Michigan in most of the games they won, rarely has the offense carried that team. This is what Michigan looks like when the Brown's D isn't that good.

Go Blue!

I'm just looking at trajectory now. Harbaugh is not getting better. His teams are not competitive.

Michigan football sucks right now and my whole life they have not sucked so this sucks.

Michigan football should never suck. I'm confident many of you have similar sentiments for your favorite team.

Fire him.

Go Blue!
pretty sure they've sucked during your lifetime.

like, real bad. pathetically bad. not too long ago.

I realize Michigan is off to a terrible start this year, but I notice in his previous 5 years, Harbaugh has won 10 three time, 9 once, and 8 once. In the three previous seasons before Harbaugh, Michigan won 8, 7 and 5, which is comparable to the 6,9 and 4 wins we had in the three years before Frost.

So both coaches inherited a mess. But I think most of us would be happy if Frost could match Harbaugh’s record. Maybe our standards aren’t as high:)

Fire him.

Go Blue!

Would you be good with Michigan bailing on the OSU game this year? Gonna be a huge loss for UM if they play. If UM bails then it keeps OSU out of the B1G CCG and the NC Playoff. I wouldnt even care but it would he funny as hell if UM did that on Harbaughs way out the door.

1. Urban Meyer as proven
2. Nick Saban
3. Pete Carrol

I think their fans put an unfair amount of pressure on Harbaugh to win right away that didn't help things. Ohio State has been one of the best programs in the country over the last decade, it's hard for any team to beat them. But at the end of the day, Harbaugh couldn't keep talent inside the program and never figured out the offense. Michigan lost a ton of guys to the NFL early and maybe if they could have appealed to some of them to stay an extra year, their defense wouldn't have fallen apart.

Dabo was almost fired at Clemson in 2010 after going 6-7. That was his 3rd year at Clemson although he only was Head coach part of 2008
Maybe that was the spark to get him to realize that he needed to bring in top flight assistants to win.

I feel much better now.

Go Blue!
Michigan has had a few decent years which is a lot better than we've done recently. I think Harbaugh was the right choice for Michigan at the time, but things have fallen apart and it's time to part ways for them.

I have no idea. I say be bold, look for mature consistently successful 2a coaching staff.

Clearly Michigan will need to adapt to and emulate Ohio State.

Harbaugh isn't the man to do it.

Go Blue!
I think Michigan needs to forget about Ohio State and just handle their own business first. That was part of the problem with Harbaugh is putting too much pressure on yourselves to beat Ohio St.

That article has a great video tweet from Meyer

meh. Maybe Urban never had any bad players. Most other coaches in D-1 football have had bad players or at least players who aren't as talented as one would like. Urban's a genius when he has all 4 and 5 star talent with one of the highest recruited QBs in the country....and even then sometimes he fell short in the end.

ADVERTISEMENT