ADVERTISEMENT

CB for Fidone.. he and family loves Nebraska!!

Sounds like he wants to play but not get noticed. The league camps out at Iowa practices licking their chops, Nebraska not so much lucky to get a nibble on day 3 of the draft. Hawkeyes finish in the top 15, picked by many to start the season in the Top 10.

Just be content with your memories boys.
picked by many what? I have literally only heard of one poll that put them in the top ten in a way too early pre season poll every other one had them between 18-21.... which honestly seems about right... however let our season be a cautionary tail of how well preseason polls predict your season... you keep thumping your chest over mediocracy, while Nebraska keeps building towards championships again... I’d gladly take a few down years like this knowing that we were building towards bigger and better things, over a life long dredge through 7-8 win seasons with an occasional 10 win season but still stuck in mid range bowls and no chance at a CFP appearance

Iowa Basketball final Fours, 1955, 1956, 1980 (runner up), with an elite 8 in 1987. So in other words, 32 years since Iowa basketball has been close to elite.

I am a fan of college wrestling but that said, when that is the only real sport you have that shows your program is elite at something, easy on the beating of the chest and smack talking.
BOOM!

photo-1475776408506-9a5371e7a068

Reactions: tyrusraymondcobb
picked by many what? I have literally only heard of one poll that put them in the top ten in a way too early pre season poll every other one had them between 18-21.... which honestly seems about right... however let our season be a cautionary tail of how well preseason polls predict your season... you keep thumping your chest over mediocracy, while Nebraska keeps building towards championships again... I’d gladly take a few down years like this knowing that we were building towards bigger and better things, over a life long dredge through 7-8 win seasons with an occasional 10 win season but still stuck in mid range bowls and no chance at a CFP appearance

22 years is a long rebuild job but the pyramids took awhile to build also.

I've said it before, and I'll say it again, on a national scale, iowa is dog crap, even worse, they are dog crap on iowa fans shoes. No one even thinks about iowa other than iowa fans and a few here who like to give them the business.

Nationally, most sports fans (99%) have never seen iowa play in either football or basketball, it's almost as if iowa doesn't exist, and that's because they've never won a National Title in football or basketball. Hell, Nebraska garners more pub in losing seasons than iowa can even fathom in their best years, the worst of Nebraska is still bigger news than the best of iowa. Nebraska gets more attention hiring and firing basketball coaches than iowa ever gets, tournaments included.

And then there's iowa fan, so full of themselves when iowa is beating the worst Nebraska teams since the 1950's, knowing full well that Nebraska still is the team everyone is interested in, while iowa is Nebraska's doormat even when they win. Hilarious.

Anyone with a tv has seen Iowa on the national stage many times, sorry you don't have one.

Anyone with a tv has seen Iowa on the national stage many times, sorry you don't have one.
Only iowa fans care enough to watch them. Most fans of other teams that play iowa just watch espn for score updates. Sorry, but iowa is one of those "turn the channel" teams that only you and your ilk care to watch. Nice try.

Thos douchebag is talking shit about basketball when Nebraska just beat Iowa. Hmm makes perfect sense.
Yet another sport Iowa is rated in and the Huskers are not. Ya I know you don’t have to say it “ wait until next year”.

Last edited:
It is mazing that this idiot just keeps coming back for more, after being destroyed time and time again, I'm starting to think he may not be playing with a full deck. To recap:

Nebraska fans are not impressed by your 7-win seasons (really no one except Iowa fans are).
Iowa at its' peak is barely better than Nebraska it its' lowest point and Nebraska has still had a better record than Iowa since Captain Kirk took over.
Nebraska is taking the best recruits out of Iowa (and yes you do want them).
And NO ONE gives a shit about raslin'

But congrats again all the scouts camped out at practice and on all the future mediocracy.

https://huskercorner.com/2020/01/23/nebraska-football-four-star-tight-end-headed-lincoln/
Nebraska Football looks to be in good shape with Thomas Fidone.
Another Crystal Ball Prediction is trending in the direction of Nebraska Football. Steve Wiltfong of 247Sports made a prediction on Wednesday that has four-star tight end Thomas Fidone coming to Nebraska.

Fidone is the 10th overall tight end in his class and the third overall player in the 2021 class from the state of Iowa per the 247Sports Composite Rankings. Nebraska has a 57% chance of landing him while Iowa has a 14% chance.

Currently, the 2021 Nebraska football recruiting class ranks 14th nationally and fourth overall in the Big Ten per the 247Sports Team Rankings. It seems as though they are making a concerted effort to try and build the class up as they look towards the future. The fact that Nebraska is getting positive feedback from recruits is a great sign. Building a program takes time, and with how well Nebraska is doing in this class, it’s an affirmation that things may be working.

I really hope Fidone comes to Lincoln. He would be an immediate asset in the passing game, and he would allow Nebraska to have another weapon on the field. I’m not going to get my hopes up just yet, but it looks like that may be the case. This would make him a staple of the 2021 class, and give the program that signature recruit that they have seem to be able to get over the past couple of years.

Reactions: headcard
How many cold weather teams have won the national championship in the last 20 years? Ohio State...and are a few hour drive from Louisville...so in proximity to the south. There is no coincidence that the team with the best access to the south happens to be the best team in the big 10...everybody else is picking up scraps. The winters in the north are brutal, especially on people not used to being trapped inside and away from the sun. Nebraska isn't for everybody.
Better question is how many cold weather teams recruit at a high level. Winning it all requires many factors beyond weather to fall into place, but we can all agree that elite recruiting is a prerequisite for winning a title.

CCGs and playoff sites are all indoors or in warm climates, so the question is entirely "will recruits from warm states go to cold states."

The answer is probably that most recruits tend to stay close to home in general, so Ole Miss has just as tough a time pulling a kid out of New Jersey as Michigan does pulling one out of Louisiana. The climate is just a coincidence.

The point about Hawaii earlier is a very good one. If you've been to Hawaii, it's as perfect a climate as you can ask for. Yet they're a total afterthought in football. If weather matters so much, why aren't they signing major classes and telling the kids to have fun at the beach in their downtime? Because weather is overrated.

We know that football is a tough, violent, demanding game. Are we HONESTLY buying into the idea that a kid who has to be tricked into not realizing Nebraska has winter is man enough to play elite college football?

Reactions: timnsun and gw2kpro
Gonna be impressed if they pull in a highly rated QB recruit this cycle, with McCaffrey and Smothers already on the roster.
The big boys pull in elite QBs on a continuous basis. NU needs to as well. You won't keep them all in this era of transfers, but you've got to take one each year IMO precisely because some of them will transfer.

They can't all start and a guy who is going to leave instead of play backup is going to do that whether he's 2 of 2 QBs or he's 3 of 5 QBs or whatever. You'd better have some more guys waiting when he goes.

22 years is a long rebuild job but the pyramids took awhile to build also.

lmfao...you’re so desperate to kick the Huskers, you are even whiling to kick your very own Hawkeyes just to do it. Iowa and the Huskers have dam near identical win/lose records the past 22 years. So if this is the case, then that means Iowa is still rebuilding too. Maybe do some research before running your mouth. Only the last couple years have the Huskers been bad bad and that was due to a stupid Mike Riley hire. Now the Huskers are in the middle of a complete rebuild. Before popping off about Frosts records during his rebuild..please remember Kirk Ferentz went 1-10 and 3-8 his first 2 seasons of his rebuild. That’s 4-18 in 2 seasons while Frost has gone 9-15. GBR

lmfao...you’re so desperate to kick the Huskers, you are even whiling to kick your very own Hawkeyes just to do it. Iowa and the Huskers have dam near identical win/lose records the past 22 years. So if this is the case, then that means Iowa is still rebuilding too. Maybe do some research before running your mouth. Only the last couple years have the Huskers been bad bad and that was due to a stupid Mike Riley hire. Now the Huskers are in the middle of a complete rebuild. Before popping off about Frosts records during his rebuild..please remember Kirk Ferentz went 1-10 and 3-8 his first 2 seasons of his rebuild. That’s 4-18 in 2 seasons while Frost has gone 9-15. GBR
Point differential against iowa under SF, -6. Yea, scary huh?

Maybe, it couldn't hurt, but I think Bollers lean is more wiscy,hope it turns out to be wrong

it was early but it’s really starting to turn towards the Huskers as of late. This could be another Kaden Johnson Type deal. This tome I think the Huskers get him. Either way, it’s definitely a Huskers vs Wisconsin deal for TJ Bollers right now.

it was early but it’s really starting to turn towards the Huskers as of late. This could be another Kaden Johnson Type deal. This tome I think the Huskers get him. Either way, it’s definitely a Huskers vs Wisconsin deal for TJ Bollers right now.
I know iowa just went a courtin for him,sent out the troops. Haven't heard squat from that.

The amount of weight you guys give to the idea that top football recruits are too p***y to go someplace where it gets cold during the winter is amazing. You know PSU, OSU, and Michigan all have winter right? And they all out-recruit Nebraska?

A lot of kids will probably be excited to see the snow if they haven't really been out of the south.
Have never understood the winter thing. We hear a lot about the 500 mile radius for NU in recruiting. For tOSU, their 500 mile radius includes Atlanta GA and most of the eastern seaboard. The 500 mile radius for NU includes a lot of farm animals and retired farmers.
Osborne didn't have trouble recruiting enough talent to field NC level teams. Does NU have good recruiters on staff? Yes. Is NU a national brand? Yes. Does NU have a product to sell? Early playing time if you are good enough.
Parents like to see their kids compete, so those schools in more population dense regions of the country have a natural recruiting advantage. NU's problem is one one of placement from a lot of humans, not one of weather.

When your alleged run of good years is shorter than your run of bad years do you no longer consider yourself a blue blood and just look at the uptick period as a blip?

When your alleged run of good years is shorter than your run of bad years do you no longer consider yourself a blue blood and just look at the uptick period as a blip?
Ask bama,texas,usc,psu,michigan,miami. Soon fsu if they dont turn it around too.
If you're wondering what it looks like from the top of the mountain, the view is very nice.
If you're wondering if people forget how we got there,no,we haven't.

The amount of weight you guys give to the idea that top football recruits are too p***y to go someplace where it gets cold during the winter is amazing. You know PSU, OSU, and Michigan all have winter right? And they all out-recruit Nebraska?

A lot of kids will probably be excited to see the snow if they haven't really been out of the south.
And Ohio State.....weird what happens with kids and cold weather once winning happens....I feel a responsibility to bring as much logic to this board as I can possibly each day.

ADVERTISEMENT