ADVERTISEMENT

CB for Fidone.. he and family loves Nebraska!!

LOL. This has to be the most Iowa post ever. So much nonsense.

So baby Farentz gets credit for Gronk and Hernandez now? Maybe he was the guy cooking bacon in Hernandez kitchen. And then the sour grapes cliches like “afraid of competition” and “we didn’t want him any way.” Good stuff.

I didn't know the tight ends coach for the Pats cooked bacon for players. If Fidone wants to be home for the holidays by all means go be a Husker, if he wants a shot at the league then it's a no brainer to become a Hawkeye. No brag just fact!

I didn't know the tight ends coach for the Pats cooked bacon for players. If Fidone wants to be home for the holidays by all means go be a Husker, if he wants a shot at the league then it's a no brainer to become a Hawkeye. No brag just fact!
Cethan Carter says hi.
So does the guy from ucf. Got it, iowa and its offense hinges alot on its TEs, but so does SF's.
Mainly, where Fidone wants to line up, is where iowa rarely does, in its two TE sets, with one split wide, not sure about backfield sets, and don't remember having them out on the end/edge like a wide out.

Thats normal in this offense, and Fidone likes it

Cethan Carter says hi.
So does the guy from ucf. Got it, iowa and its offense hinges alot on its TEs, but so does SF's.
Mainly, where Fidone wants to line up, is where iowa rarely does, in its two TE sets, with one split wide, not sure about backfield sets, and don't remember having them out on the end/edge like a wide out.

Thats normal in this offense, and Fidone likes it

The UCF guy must be a real star since you don't even know his name. Don't even try comparing Carter to Kittle you look foolish.

Iowa plays the same sets difference is our QB has time to pass the ball.

Reactions: 3buzzmable
He can go just about anywhere he wants, so keep making lame excuses for losing out on the best players in your own backyard. What about Bollers is he afraid of competition too? Were Gunnerson and Newsome?

How about the more likely scenario that kids with better options rarely go to Iowa. Iowa can develop players and get their 7-8 wins to keep fans like you happy, but that’s it. No insult, just a fact!

Do I need to post the draft picks for NU and Iowa again? The conference and National titles? You created an account to pose as a Husker to hype LSU. You live on a Nebraska board as an Iowa fan.You are the epitome of a sad troll with no life.

A lot more to learning how to play TE than catching passes, Kittle is tops in the NFL and it isn't just for catching passes. Having a coach on staff that mentored the Gronk and Hernandez is priceless. If Fidone doesn't go to Iowa it's because he is scared of competition and if that's the case then "we don't need that type of player".
Tell us more

Reactions: headcard
The UCF guy must be a real star since you don't even know his name. Don't even try comparing Carter to Kittle you look foolish.

Iowa plays the same sets difference is our QB has time to pass the ball.
So, any time iowa has two rbs in the game, they dont. Three wrs, they dont. Wr screens? Really?iowa?

All I'm saying is, Nebraska will be putting guys in the league at TE,theyve done it before old style,like iowa.
Theyve done it new style,this staff,unlike iowa

So, any time iowa has two rbs in the game, they dont. Three wrs, they dont. Wr screens? Really?iowa?

All I'm saying is, Nebraska will be putting guys in the league at TE,theyve done it before old style,like iowa.
Theyve done it new style,this staff,unlike iowa

Nationally Iowa is considered Tight End U, no brag just fact. The fact Fidone has publicly stated the Tight End room at Iowa is very crowded tells me all I need to know about his view of competition. Iowa wants warriors not players who are scared of competition.

Nationally Iowa is considered Tight End U, no brag just fact. The fact Fidone has publicly stated the Tight End room at Iowa is very crowded tells me all I need to know about his view of competition. Iowa wants warriors not players who are scared of competition.
Sounds good. Tell us more, please.

A great observation was almost lost in this chest thumping post. 4 of the 5 TEs listed on the Neb roster are junior and seniors. Iowa has perhaps over recruited the position the past two years. Today’s athletes want to play right away and showing them a path to the field is critical in recruiting. More so than a 97 National Title or how good of a pro Marv Cook was. IMO, Neb has the clear advantage here.

Nationally Iowa is considered Tight End U, no brag just fact. The fact Fidone has publicly stated the Tight End room at Iowa is very crowded tells me all I need to know about his view of competition. Iowa wants warriors not players who are scared

Well aren’t you iowegians just a tough and competitive lot!

Reactions: cubsker
A great observation was almost lost in this chest thumping post. 4 of the 5 TEs listed on the Neb roster are junior and seniors. Iowa has perhaps over recruited the position the past two years. Today’s athletes want to play right away and showing them a path to the field is critical in recruiting. More so than a 97 National Title or how good of a pro Marv Cook was. IMO, Neb has the clear advantage here.
That, and he grew up cheering for the Huskers. Tough loss if good ol TE U can't lock down its borders for a nice TE talent.

Maybe in your own mind. Iowa isn't even considered TE U in the conference. Just a fact. Again congrats on making lemonade and reaching your peak, you seem pretty proud.

Maybe in your own mind. Iowa isn't even considered TE U in the conference. Just a fact. Again congrats on making lemonade and reaching your peak, you seem pretty proud.

You make me laugh, but as I said earlier if the kid doesn't want to compete at Tight End U then we don't want him.

If he picks NU I'll be laughing again.

Iowa is just not a school that pops to mind when I think of great college football programs. It’s a mid-level very solid program that has had some decent success lately but they are not elite. Do Iowa fans see their program as elite or at the same level as Nebraska? We’ve had some struggles of late in the grand scheme of things but if you were to ask the average CFB fan who the top programs are you will get a fair amount saying Nebraska and non saying Iowa.

Iowa is just not a school that pops to mind when I think of great college football programs. It’s a mid-level very solid program that has had some decent success lately but they are not elite. Do Iowa fans see their program as elite or at the same level as Nebraska? We’ve had some struggles of late in the grand scheme of things but if you were to ask the average CFB fan who the top programs are you will get a fair amount saying Nebraska and non saying Iowa.

Struggles of late? OMG nationally you aren't on the radar and the Frost experiment appears to be failing also. The coaching staff appears to be a dumpster fire with all the departures. One only as to look at the end of the year polls to see who is trending up and then look at the early 2020 polls to see the same team trending up.

Nebraska is not on the radar and you have the nerve to post that drivel.

Reactions: Farleyhawk
Struggles of late? OMG nationally you aren't on the radar and the Frost experiment appears to be failing also. The coaching staff appears to be a dumpster fire with all the departures. One only as to look at the end of the year polls to see who is trending up and then look at the early 2020 polls to see the same team trending up.

Even when Nebraska is down and Iowa is on top of its game, people would still rather watch and talk about Nebraska, even if it's just to dog us. I mean, look at you. You'd rather be here hating on NU than hanging out with Iowa fans on your own board. Nebraska is clearly the biggest blip on your radar.

Iowa doesn't matter in the national picture. No one cares. Nebraska will always be on the radar because we're a blueblood with pedigree. Hell, we were even ranked coming into the last season and picked to win the West. Failing to live up to those expectations is on us but we're still most certainly on everyone's radar and will be again coming into the 2020 season. People are ready for NU to reclaim its rightful place.

Not saying it's fair to programs like Iowa that have never won big and just don't move the needle, but that's just how it is. Like you say, just fact!

Even when Nebraska is down and Iowa is on top of its game, people would still rather watch and talk about Nebraska, even if it's just to dog us. I mean, look at you. You'd rather be here hating on NU than hanging out with Iowa fans on your own board. Nebraska is clearly the biggest blip on your radar.

Iowa doesn't matter in the national picture. No one cares. Nebraska will always be on the radar because we're a blueblood with pedigree. Hell, we were even ranked coming into the last season and picked to win the West. Failing to live up to those expectations is on us but we're still most certainly on everyone's radar and will be again coming into the 2020 season. People are ready for NU to reclaim its rightful place.

Not saying it's fair to programs like Iowa that have never won big and just don't move the needle, but that's just how it is. Like you say, just fact!

But, but, but ... they are warriors!

QA4N-j.gif

You've been stuck on old so long, you didn't even blink on minnys move .
We know about continuity in coaching, and since we've lost it, but are attempting to get portions of it back.

You are no Clemson,sorry,you just aren't,and when Venables gets his offers, he stays, and you have a good dc, but he isnt a Venables.
At the higher levels, theres a certain amount of coaching changeover to be expected . See : bama
Even at wiscy. See former nebraska coach, now wiscy AD Alverez

So, once your continuity breaks apart,you will eventually understand that currently,you don't have a clue what you're saying about our staff.
As far as polls,iowa has much to prove, as they weren't even rated in at least one, so yes, trend is down.

Just a friendly reminder,at some point, coming soon, KF will start to fail,and there goes your continuity.
You've peaked, wont get better, because all the teams around you are,some faster than others too.

https://journalstar.com/sports/husk...cle_91e3068b-66d7-57f8-9ba9-0765bf4aeafd.html The 6-foot-5, 220-pounder said his fourth trip to Lincoln was a good one, highlighted by the time he spent meeting with head coach Scott Frost.
“It was pretty eye-opening, because Coach Frost and the tight ends coach and the running backs coach all told me that I’m their priority in the 2021 class, which that makes you feel pretty loved and pretty wanted,” Fidone said.
Fidone said he’s trying to get to Michigan and maybe Notre Dame in the near future, but is also already looking to set up official visits because he’s planning on taking them in the spring. He said he planned to be back in Lincoln for the Red-White Spring Game on April 18, if not before.
Brecht squarely on the radar screen: Brecht, a 6-4 receiver, said he enjoyed getting the chance to sit down with Frost in a one-on-one setting and go through schematics and how he would be used in Nebraska’s offense.

Brecht said he hadn’t been in touch with new offensive coordinator and receivers coach Matt Lubick yet, but the coaching staff reiterated that they think Brecht is a good fit for the offense and, “they need a big receiver.”

Reactions: CatColumbia

Exactly. That is why the national media wants us to be back so bad. We shouldn't have been ranked, but they want Nebraska to be good. With Iowa, they will be solid, but no one cares.....

http://www.winsipedia.com/ranking/nfl-draft-picks

ADVERTISEMENT