ADVERTISEMENT

CB for Fidone.. he and family loves Nebraska!!

Do kids like practicing in 100 degrees? I sure as hell didn’t like that. If a player is worried about snow then we have no shot anyway and I wouldn’t want that player. Good grief

Reactions: SkerInCo
te from c bluffs looks soon to be commit
sounds like it was basically down to iowa and neb and he mentioned that Iowa's te room is looking rather full
congrats if true .. good get

landing kids from iowa sort of a new trend and a reversal as iowa was getting neb kids for awhile

sounds like it was basically down to iowa and neb and he mentioned that Iowa's te room is looking rather full

landing kids from iowa sort of a new trend and a reversal as iowa was getting neb kids for awhile

Be real nice to get even with them with Noah Fant leaving Nebraska...

Reactions: timnsun
Under Lubick at Oregon in 2016, their third and fourth recievers were TEs. So it appears Fidone will get his chances here under Lubick as passing coordinator.
Great to hear! I don’t believe Lubick was in town to meet with Fidone this weekend (slacker :)). But hopefully he can meet with him soon and get him N! Kid is a game changer that we haven’t had in many years. Maybe since Matt Herrian.

I think it’s far from over for Fidone. Right now Iowa has a lot of D1 kids. I believe we have 9 offers out to Iowa kids at the moment.

this it the lone 2020 prospect. If we do indeed steal this guy away from the SEC, he would count to this years class. Maybe jump us over UNC to Top 17 in rankings.
I just don't think 1/4th of our class should be WRs. Coach up the ones we have, there are plenty.

All I remember is, all those sun and warmth luvin thugs sprawled on the field, fourth qtr, while that northern team still had their helmuts on, telling them exactly where the ball was going.
So yea, take the wimps outta Nebraska,or leave them to their warm climes, young ballers want to ball, cold shouldn't matter, and may change a coaches mind too.

Yes, because we all know dislike of cold weather immediately makes one a wimp. :rolleyes: I guess most of the population are wimps then.

Let me guess...you were the kid in elementary school that wore nothing but a short-sleeved shirt in winter, and when asked what the hell you were thinking, you responded with "What, it isn't cold outside."

Yes, because we all know dislike of cold weather immediately makes one a wimp. :rolleyes:Let me guess...you were the kid in elementary school that wore nothing but a short-sleeved shirt in winter, and when asked what the hell you were thinking, you responded with "What, it isn't cold outside."
Do we all know? Ok, if YOU say so.
Missing the point, making assumptions ,it isn't a conversation.

My point, once again is, if you want to play ball, it doesn't matter. How about this, when we were young, and you called up a friend, or he called you, did you get together outside when it was cold and nasty because you wanted to play?
It's that mindset I'm talking about, save your assumptions of me being some macho man trying to prove a point here, because, ballers are ballers, this staff wants to keep the love of the game in their team, thats the point, if a players worrying about getting sun and warmth, maybe they don't love the game as much to begin with.
Remember, I said maybe, but if you've got great coaches, one from a warm climate and another from a colder climate, it's somewheres down the list, to be sure,for some, not all, and yes, it can be construed as wimpy by making it a higher decision on where and who you play for, sorry, just the way it is.

Reactions: wkato

My point, once again is, if you want to play ball, it doesn't matter. How about this, when we were young, and you called up a friend, or he called you, did you get together outside when it was cold and nasty because you wanted to play?
It's that mindset I'm talking about, save your assumptions of me being some macho man trying to prove a point here, because, ballers are ballers, this staff wants to keep the love of the game in their team, thats the point, if a players worrying about getting sun and warmth, maybe they don't love the game as much to begin with.
Remember, I said maybe, but if you've got great coaches, one from a warm climate and another from a colder climate, it's somewheres down the list, to be sure,for some, not all, and yes, it can be construed as wimpy by making it a higher decision on where and who you play for, sorry, just the way it is.

This exchange isn't really worth going into much more, because there isn't much to argue about. I wasn't making assumptions about players that dislike cold weather. You were.

I don't think people that dislike cold weather are wimps. I think they are very simply sane and pretty reasonable. :D Anyway, no biggie.

This exchange isn't really worth going into much more, because there isn't much to argue about. I wasn't making assumptions about players that dislike cold weather. You were.

I don't think people that dislike cold weather are wimps. I think they are very simply sane and pretty reasonable. :D Anyway, no biggie.
Was I, at what proportions. Maybe, after all other considerations some might? Those assumptions?
Well, I suppose, don't have exact figures? But in the big picture, it isn't that many, oh, and lets never forget, those who just want to stay close to home, but thats another assumption too?
Ok, you win

Was I, at what proportions. Maybe, after all other considerations some might? Those assumptions?
Well, I suppose, don't have exact figures? But in the big picture, it isn't that many, oh, and lets never forget, those who just want to stay close to home, but thats another assumption too?
Ok, you win

Are you always this much of a pain in the ass? Does you extended family dread the holidays? There are no assumptions that most players stay close to home. Those stats have been posted a number of times.

Iowa being Tight End U would seem like the logical choice for Fidone but he has publicly stated the Tight End room at Iowa is a bit crowded.

Reactions: Thrasher31
Are you always this much of a pain in the ass? Does you extended family dread the holidays? There are no assumptions that most players stay close to home. Those stats have been posted a number of times.
Well, so are players playing for certain coaches, which you called an assumption. And, while there's no hard numbers, but wanting to play in a warm climate vs a cold one goes hand in hand with those players staying close to home .
Funny how you rarely if ever hear this crap the other way around?
Like, how a player from a colder climate insists on playing for a warmer climate team? Or, hear coaches pushing it with success?
Those same kids, playing ball in nasty cold weather all called the guy who didn't come out to play a wimp, that's just the way it is.
I've made no assumptions, but am slowly building one

Football weather is fall weather. 50 degrees, leaves turning, chill in the air. CFB is played in Sep, Oct and November. Not Dec and January like the NFL. It is rarely 2 degrees at any college games like the NFL in Jan. I'm sure most would rather play in 50 or 60 degree football weather rather than 90 or 100 with high humidity.

I'm hoping we locked one of these up this weekend. Findone being the obvious one. Really a mismatch nightmare. And if Hickman moves to WR full time (not sure) that opens up a spot for him to play early.

Reactions: NorthwoodHusker

To be fair, AS Monaco is one of the most successful clubs in French football, having won eight league titles and five Coupe de France trophies. The club has also competed in European football, and were runners-up in the UEFA Cup Winners' Cup in 1992 and the UEFA Champions League in 2004.

I'm hoping we locked one of these up this weekend. Findone being the obvious one. Really a mismatch nightmare. And if Hickman moves to WR full time (not sure) that opens up a spot for him to play early.

Hickman could still stay at TE only a redshirt Freshman...
Stoll will be gone after this season, Allen and Rafdal are Juniors..

And Ioway has 3 TE in last year’s recruiting class and they added 2 in 2020 class..

Reactions: Thrasher31
Well, so are players playing for certain coaches, which you called an assumption. And, while there's no hard numbers, but wanting to play in a warm climate vs a cold one goes hand in hand with those players staying close to home .
Funny how you rarely if ever hear this crap the other way around?
Like, how a player from a colder climate insists on playing for a warmer climate team? Or, hear coaches pushing it with success?
Those same kids, playing ball in nasty cold weather all called the guy who didn't come out to play a wimp, that's just the way it is.
I've made no assumptions, but am slowly building one

I was thinking I was having a comprehension problem, but that's not the case. Your writing just isn't very clear or concise.

When did I say playing for certain coaches wasn't important for players? That's been shown to be the case with regularity. But in general the majority of players stay closer to home, whether they live in cold weather or warm weather. That's been proven to be the case by statistics. And yes there have been cases of kids wanting to go to school in warmer weather.

But that's not what we're talking about. We're talking about using the recruiting tactic of saying that players need to prepare for the pros, so they shouldn't worry about playing in nice weather. To which I said I wouldn't buy into it, and would play in LA or Dan Diego, or Hawaii. Why not spend 3 - 5 years in a great climate, then worry about where you're going to live when you get drafted? That's all I'm saying.

And when were we talking about guys that didn't come out to play? You went from not buying into the recruiting tactics of cold weather schools to guys not coming out to play in the cold. :eek:

Anyway, at this point I'm going to go ahead and say "Uncle." I give. We aren't on the same wave length.

I was thinking I was having a comprehension problem, but that's not the case. Your writing just isn't very clear or concise.

When did I say playing for certain coaches wasn't important for players? That's been shown to be the case with regularity. But in general the majority of players stay closer to home, whether they live in cold weather or warm weather. That's been proven to be the case by statistics. And yes there have been cases of kids wanting to go to school in warmer weather.

But that's not what we're talking about. We're talking about using the recruiting tactic of saying that players need to prepare for the pros, so they shouldn't worry about playing in nice weather. To which I said I wouldn't buy into it, and would play in LA or Dan Diego, or Hawaii. Why not spend 3 - 5 years in a great climate, then worry about where you're going to live when you get drafted? That's all I'm saying.

And when were we talking about guys that didn't come out to play? You went from not buying into the recruiting tactics of cold weather schools to guys not coming out to play in the cold. :eek:

Anyway, at this point I'm going to go ahead and say "Uncle." I give. We aren't on the same wave length.
Look, me too, uncle.
I wasnt making assumptions, honestly, thats what got me going. I was only trying to point out, the love of the game should transcend the weather, and that those who put it first might consider those who want something else as wimps in regards to the love of the game coming first.
Easy to understand, no macho thing, just whats important thing.
Anyhow, hope you understand that, no biggie and GBR!

With or without Hickman (and no disrespect) at TE, Fidone plays day one and starts. He’s that good.

Sounds like we are in good shape to land Fidone. Bollers, Dickerson and Fidone are the 3 top priorities right now for this staff according to Sipple.
https://journalstar.com/sports/husk...cle_4638ba63-19a4-5a41-8b5f-f39790a36c1a.html All told, Nebraska is targeting no fewer than a half-dozen Iowa prep players. But the one who intrigues me most is Thomas Fidone, a 6-5, 220-pound tight end from Council Bluffs' Lewis Central High School. Recruiting insiders suggest Nebraska has an excellent chance to land him. We're talking about a four-star player with offers from Iowa, Michigan, LSU, Florida, Georgia, Tennessee, Oklahoma State, Purdue ... the list goes on.
"Every year there are a handful of players in the region that you label as 'must-gets' and Fidone is one of those guys for Nebraska," said Nate Clouse, analyst for HuskerOnline.com. "Not only would he fill a huge need as a big and extremely athletic pass-catcher, but he also grew up cheering for the Huskers and you can't afford to lose kids like that."

Sure, Nebraska's had some success recruiting in Iowa over the years. But the Huskers hope for a major haul in 2021.

A source told our Parker Gabriel last week that Frost is considering Snyder for a position as an analyst or quality control coach. The 50-year-old Snyder is currently the director of football operations at KSU. Yes, far from the action. He also interviewed last week for a spot on Texas' 10-man assistants staff. He obviously wants back in the action. Back in the spotlight. He would find it at NU, even as an "analyst."

Reactions: headcard
https://journalstar.com/sports/husk...cle_4638ba63-19a4-5a41-8b5f-f39790a36c1a.html All told, Nebraska is targeting no fewer than a half-dozen Iowa prep players. But the one who intrigues me most is Thomas Fidone, a 6-5, 220-pound tight end from Council Bluffs' Lewis Central High School. Recruiting insiders suggest Nebraska has an excellent chance to land him. We're talking about a four-star player with offers from Iowa, Michigan, LSU, Florida, Georgia, Tennessee, Oklahoma State, Purdue ... the list goes on.
"Every year there are a handful of players in the region that you label as 'must-gets' and Fidone is one of those guys for Nebraska," said Nate Clouse, analyst for HuskerOnline.com. "Not only would he fill a huge need as a big and extremely athletic pass-catcher, but he also grew up cheering for the Huskers and you can't afford to lose kids like that."

Sure, Nebraska's had some success recruiting in Iowa over the years. But the Huskers hope for a major haul in 2021.

Top 3 targets in my opinion are Fidone, Bollers and Dickerson. Two of them are from Iowa.

Top 3 targets in my opinion are Fidone, Bollers and Dickerson. Two of them are from Iowa.
Nebraska has set its sights on TJ Bollers, the top-ranked player in Iowa. A four-star defensive end/outside linebacker from Tiffin, just 15 miles from Iowa City, Boller reportedly has strong interest in attending Wisconsin. But Nebraska is in the hunt. Curiously, Iowa lags behind. It's a race worth watching because the 6-foot-3, 235-pound Boller, according to Schaefer, may be the top player on NU's 2021 board, if that designation doesn't belong to four-star cornerback Avante Dickerson of Omaha Westside.

Reactions: CatColumbia
If I'm a pass catcher, I'd rather play here over iowa. Kittle caught 48 balls in his entire career at iowa.

A lot more to learning how to play TE than catching passes, Kittle is tops in the NFL and it isn't just for catching passes. Having a coach on staff that mentored the Gronk and Hernandez is priceless. If Fidone doesn't go to Iowa it's because he is scared of competition and if that's the case then "we don't need that type of player".

A lot more to learning how to play TE than catching passes, Kittle is tops in the NFL and it isn't just for catching passes. Having a coach on staff that mentored the Gronk and Hernandez is priceless. If Fidone doesn't go to Iowa it's because he is scared of competition and if that's the case then "we don't need that type of player".
LOL. This has to be the most Iowa post ever. So much nonsense.

So baby Farentz gets credit for Gronk and Hernandez now? Maybe he was the guy cooking bacon in Hernandez kitchen. And then the sour grapes cliches like “afraid of competition” and “we didn’t want him any way.” Good stuff.

Reactions: SeaOfRed75
LOL. This has to be the most Iowa post ever. So much nonsense.

So baby Farentz gets credit for Gronk and Hernandez now? Maybe he was the guy cooking bacon in Hernandez kitchen. And then the sour grapes cliches like “afraid of competition” and “we didn’t want him any way.” Good stuff.
Remember this is the same Iowa tool bag posing as a Husker to hype LSU as the greatest team ever. Aka serious loser with too much time on his hands.Sick

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT