ADVERTISEMENT

CB for Fidone.. he and family loves Nebraska!!

When your alleged run of good years is shorter than your run of bad years do you no longer consider yourself a blue blood and just look at the uptick period as a blip?
gollum-bilbo-meme-meme-generator-so-the-obsession-begins-for-another-day-d41d8c.jpg

Better question is how many cold weather teams recruit at a high level. Winning it all requires many factors beyond weather to fall into place, but we can all agree that elite recruiting is a prerequisite for winning a title.

CCGs and playoff sites are all indoors or in warm climates, so the question is entirely "will recruits from warm states go to cold states."

The answer is probably that most recruits tend to stay close to home in general, so Ole Miss has just as tough a time pulling a kid out of New Jersey as Michigan does pulling one out of Louisiana. The climate is just a coincidence.

The point about Hawaii earlier is a very good one. If you've been to Hawaii, it's as perfect a climate as you can ask for. Yet they're a total afterthought in football. If weather matters so much, why aren't they signing major classes and telling the kids to have fun at the beach in their downtime? Because weather is overrated.

We know that football is a tough, violent, demanding game. Are we HONESTLY buying into the idea that a kid who has to be tricked into not realizing Nebraska has winter is man enough to play elite college football?

Guys, you're making way too much out of this. I simply said that if I were a college kid, I wouldn't buy into the "prepare yourself for the NFL" recruiting talk, and wouldn't spend 3-5 years in cold weather if I didn't have to. If I were a talented recruit, I would enjoy my college years in a warm climate, then would go wherever I had to to make $$$ in the NFL.

The fact is, and always has been, that family and friends win out over weather, tradition, great coaches, etc.. more often than any other factor. Statistics have shown that over and over. That's why our recruiting philosophy is to 'win' the 500-mile radius, and try to get as many kids out of the hot recruiting geographies like Florida, California, Texas, and Georgia as we can.

Guys, you're making way too much out of this. I simply said that if I were a college kid, I wouldn't buy into the "prepare yourself for the NFL" recruiting talk, and wouldn't spend 3-5 years in cold weather if I didn't have to. If I were a talented recruit, I would enjoy my college years in a warm climate, then would go wherever I had to to make $$$ in the NFL.

The fact is, and always has been, that family and friends win out over weather, tradition, great coaches, etc.. more often than any other factor. Statistics have shown that over and over. That's why our recruiting philosophy is to 'win' the 500-mile radius, and try to get as many kids out of the hot recruiting geographies like Florida, California, Texas, and Georgia as we can.
I don’t give a shit about any of that noise. I just wanna continue to school dumbass Iowa fans.

Reactions: headcard
Iowa is thumping their chest because they're in the midst of the best 5 year run in history, Nebraska is in one of their worst. That will soon change.
And the funny thing is that there isn’t much of a gap between us even now.

Last I checked it gets cold at Ohio St, PSU, Michigan, and they pull in great talent.

Because there is a bevy of talent right in the Ohio backyard. They are only behind Florida, California, Texas, and maybe Georgia in terms of the numbers of D1 athletes the state produces every year. And they get the pick of the litter...every year. And they don't share the top athletes with numerous schools. They take the top athletes in the state, then Michigan gets some good talent too, then the rest of us fight over the scraps.

2020, almost a third, 8 of osu's recruits were from ohio. They had 25.8 were from warm weather states zona,cali,texas,fla etc The others were from mid level warm to mid cold states, mizzou,jersey etc

Didn't Georgia recruit the #1 qb three recruiting cycles in a row? We should be recruiting the best qb we can each and every year.
Some fans are still stuck on former coaches who actually had 'their' guy and didn't recruit a qb every year, let alone a top one.
New sheriff says that's stupid and lazy

The amount of weight you guys give to the idea that top football recruits are too p***y to go someplace where it gets cold during the winter is amazing. You know PSU, OSU, and Michigan all have winter right? And they all out-recruit Nebraska?

A lot of kids will probably be excited to see the snow if they haven't really been out of the south.

That excitement lasts for their first snowball fight. It ends when they have to chisel out their car in the morning.

Reactions: phoenix4nu
Doesnt mean shit.. the only one that matters is Fong and for now it's all DONU
honestly not even Fongs means anything... too many times I’ve seen him put in a CB only to change it.... he has a high hit rate because he changes his predictions... the point being these kids change their minds quite often... we have one very big thing going for us with this kid, and that’s the fact that he grew up a husker fan. I’m sure he will do is due diligence but when it comes down to it he has the opportunity to play for his favorite team and close to home... I think that’s a hard combo to pass up

He would have to sit the bench at Iowa for a couple of years maybe that’s what is scary to him?

That was the reason why Larry Station didn’t play at Nebraska and went to Iowa, he would have had to sit out for a couple of years to start..

He would have to sit the bench at Iowa for a couple of years maybe that’s what is scary to him?
If iowa wanted him that bad, they would be on him, like even going to one of his basketball games.
Iowa needs to learn, you dont just offer 40-50 guys when those guys become higher rated.
We has a coach who also didn't want to work that hard, fewer offers, didn't stay on top of it, going that extra mile.
Nine wins a year was good enough for him, and I see the same thing for iowa.

If iowa wanted him that bad, they would be on him, like even going to one of his basketball games.
Iowa needs to learn, you dont just offer 40-50 guys when those guys become higher rated.
We has a coach who also didn't want to work that hard, fewer offers, didn't stay on top of it, going that extra mile.
Yes Sir. Iowa=Pelini Light. But in this guys mind they are Bama on steroids (or even more steroids).

Just because Iowa’s staff doesn’t offer as many as kids as Nebraska it doesn’t mean they don’t work hard. They just have different recruiting philosophy’s. I’m not sure if they’ve been to any of Fidone hoops games but they do go to prospects hoops games and wrestling meets when they can.

Just because Iowa’s staff doesn’t offer as many as kids as Nebraska it doesn’t mean they don’t work hard. They just have different recruiting philosophy’s. I’m not sure if they’ve been to any of Fidone hoops games but they do go to prospects hoops games and wrestling meets when they can.

I’ll vouch for that seen Noah Fant play a high school basketball game in Millard and Iowa had some Asst coaches at the game, but he already had committed to the Herky’s..

Reactions: iafan44
I’ll vouch for that seen Noah Fant play a high school basketball game in Millard and Iowa had some Asst coaches at the game, but he already had committed to the Herky’s..
I don’t pay for Rivals anymore but in the Lounge Blair is always posting updates on where coaches are going and whyvghey are going and they do go out to watch kids in their other sports. I’m guessing every school sends coaches out to prospects events. If not then they are definitely making a mistake.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT