ADVERTISEMENT

Casey likes what he sees so far

Unless Rhule has a back pocket full of OL Casey would be walking back into a death trap!!

No more than any other program who would want him. He’s got 500k worth of NIL reasons to come back.
and don't forget about that additional year of education, and all that coaching he wasn't getting under those other 2 dudes running the show.........

and don't forget about that additional year of education, and all that coaching he wasn't getting under those other 2 dudes running the show.........
I think he graduated with his masters degree. So if he plays next year he will either take another major or work on his PhD.

Reactions: EVERED
So any official announcement that he is returning? So a high quality QB in the Portal isn’t coming here to be a backup and also isn’t going to stay available forever?

Reactions: headcard
With all of the portal options it would be nice if Casey would shit or get off the pot. It's like you are 25 dude. Make a decision and let's go.
It makes me wonder if it's more of a two-way street when it comes to this decision. Maybe Rhule is trying to nail down another option and Casey doesn't want to look stupid by publicly "coming back" only to find out they're in love with someone else?

It makes me wonder if it's more of a two-way street when it comes to this decision. Maybe Rhule is trying to nail down another option and Casey doesn't want to look stupid by publicly "coming back" only to find out they're in love with someone else?
If I was Rhule I'd tell him we're gonna get another starting quality qb if possible, but it's your job to lose. Allow CT to genuinely believe he'll be the guy, but inform him we need the depth (clearly). And tell him to prove me right by retaining the job in competition.

If I was Rhule I'd tell him we're gonna get another starting quality qb if possible, but it's your job to lose. Allow CT to genuinely believe he'll be the guy, but inform him we need the depth (clearly). And tell him to prove me right by retaining the job in competition.
There’s a portal window in the spring as well, isn’t there? Even if he were to get beat out he could go elsewhere. Rhule’s job is to keep him here for depth in that event, or have someone else available and ready.

Reactions: BleedRed78
I really believe it WILL be better. Getting Nouili and Prochazka back plus whatever transfers, and since I'm just naturally positive I believe that the new staff can get more out of everyone. They have to.
Prochazka should be moved to TE or DE. As a OL he is too tall and will just keep getting injured.

• Wow
Go out and get the WK kid that just went into the portal yesterday. Very good QB

CT would be fine if he wants to come back but there are better QB's in the portal right now.

• Haha
Reactions: JOHNNY N
Washington and Alante Brown are a nice start. Rhule’s going to find some WRs and they’ll likely be fast
Don't get me wrong...fast is great, but if they can't run routs or catch balls the speed is irrelevant. I hope we get a couple more receivers to add to Brown and Washington, unless they can convert RJ to a slot we have become pretty thin at WR.

Reactions: dinglefritz
Don't get me wrong...fast is great, but if they can't run routs or catch balls the speed is irrelevant. I hope we get a couple more receivers to add to Brown and Washington, unless they can convert RJ to a slot we have become pretty thin at WR.
Agree completely but was sure nice to have a guy who could take the top off of a defense this year.

Only need 2-3 great receivers when you're running a ton, including fullback dives!
oh-boy-here-we-go-again.gif

• Haha
Agree completely but was sure nice to have a guy who could take the top off of a defense this year.
Amen to that. I don't blame him for leaving but man that's going to hurt next season. Won't matter if we don't have a dude who can get these guys the ball.

Sounds like CT had 500K reasons to come back……
For sure. Im not big on the NIL thing, as I think it has turned college football into a minor league profession, but I'm not against using it to our advantage. I've got a daughter going to play D1 softball. Might as well sell some NIL publicity for the local stores and businesses. Runza here we come. Maybe Bomgars too.LOL

• Love
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT