ADVERTISEMENT

Carriker had to check Iowa....

Am I wrong?
Yes Iowa has had our number lately. As have a lot of teams. No doubt about it.
Ive already wagered with one iowa fan over the next ten years.
Be sure you are frequently around when the tables turn, which they will.
But I wont hold my breath that youll be here when it does. Just go away now and save yourself more embarassment.

Yes Iowa has had our number lately. As have a lot of teams. No doubt about it.
Ive already wagered with one iowa fan over the next ten years.
Be sure you are frequently around when the tables turn, which they will.
But I wont hold my breath that youll be here when it does. Just go away now and save yourself more embarassment.

That's all well and good, I was responding to "crickets".

You have beat us once in the last 5 years by 3 points in OT. We have beat you 4 times by a total of 111. Do.you want us to feel bad for you being bad? Yes, we beat a bad team, by a ton of points.
Crickets still. Good job beating a shitty team. Do you feel better going to another teams board thumping your chest about it? Man it must suck to be an iowa fan.

You guys are exactly like CU fans. Nothing in the trophy case so you hang your hat on beating Nebraska when they're down.

Iowa trolls crack me up. They come on an opposing team board and run there mouth about beating a Husker team for a few years. A Husker team that has had there worst years in decades. But yet there team has absolutely nothing to show for it. Haha they have some high aspirations for there pathetic program.

Reactions: SOHusker11
Enjoy your time Hogeye. You’ve had our number recently, and very well could again this year. But your time is ticking, and the tables will soon turn. And when they do, they could stay that way for a very, very long time, and you’ll be longing for 2017 again. So have fun, because beginning in 2019 (maybe 2018), your fun will be over.

Tick Tock Tick Tock Tick Tock

Yeah, heard THIS before.

Iowa trolls crack me up. They come on an opposing team board and run their mouth about beating a Husker team for a few years. A Husker team that has had their worst years in decades. But yet their team has absolutely nothing to show for it. Haha they have some high aspirations for their pathetic program.

Yeah, heard THIS before.
gollum-bilbo-meme-meme-generator-so-the-obsession-begins-for-another-day-d41d8c.jpg

Read the transcript...in all fairness he was loose with the referenced quote. Pours gas on the flame, sure. Journalistic integrity, nope. I know, I know...he in the infotainment business and not a journalist

Reactions: 9and4
Still crickets from loser Iowa fan. Beat a Nebraska team with a pulse then come chirping. Until then you're just a loser who brags about beating a shitty team and nothing more than a troll. Enjoy your life in Iowa, man that must suck to be you.

It's pretty clear Iowa's highs have been higher the past 15 years and lows have been lower as well. I guess it's a preference of having consistent 9-10 win seasons over that time frame, or 5 10+ win seasons, but a few extra below 9 win seasons.

Iowa trolls crack me up. They come on an opposing team board and run there mouth about beating a Husker team for a few years. A Husker team that has had there worst years in decades. But yet there team has absolutely nothing to show for it. Haha they have some high aspirations for there pathetic program.
To be fair, just like message board Iowa fan, their board is trash.

Reactions: PeliniTheCrutch
Nebraska will be better no doubt. I think any realistic Iowa fan can admit that they are putting all their chips into Frost and it is likely they will get better quickly. On the flip side of that Iowa isnt going down the drain anytime soon either. I am hoping that our series starts determining the west champ more often than it has as Wisconsin run might be slowing down.

Reactions: 9and4
This banter sucks. Until Nebraska can stick it to Iowa, we need to take our lumps. Yes, we sucked the past few years (see my screen name as to why), but we still sucked.

No doubt this will or has become a rivalry. In the end, however, it’s just a matter of fans of a mediocre team (Iowa), bagging on fans of a recently horrific team (us).

I felt nothing last year watching Iowa decimate Nebraska and wasn’t surprised. A little frustrated, I guess. It’ll turn around. :)

http://www.omaha.com/huskers/carrik...cle_7c2a56df-3bf3-5ff6-8296-9f0552315972.html
Iowa play-by-play announcer Gary Dolphin got the party started with a jab at Nebraska almost immediately. Now this party was also attended by Kirk Ferentz and the head Iowa basketball coach (Fran McCaffery) as well. "Always good to come to Nebraska," Dolphin said at the Mid-America Center Tuesday night, "Or should I say the Omaha area, after we've kicked their butt a couple times. I hear everyone is fired about Scott Frost coming here. Seems like a terrific guy," Dolphin said, "but there's a new Nebraska wave. It's now five fingers and turn your thumb in. It's the new Nebraska wave because four of the past five years we've kicked their butts."

Let's have a little chit-chat, shall we?
Now Iowa fans they don't like it when we talk about our past, our history. "You're living in the 90's, you're living in the past, it's not fair, we can't do that." So here's what we're going to do: we're going to go back the last 18 years, the last time Nebraska won a conference championship in 1999. We're going to look at what is considered to be a rough period of time for Husker football, and we're going to compare it to Iowa. Let's just see what happens, shall we?
So since 1999, Nebraska has 150 wins, 83 losses. Iowa has 142 wins and 87 losses. They have less wins and more losses. That's interesting. So that means that during that 18-year span Nebraska had a winning percentage of 64 percent, which isn't phenomenal by our standards, and Iowa's was 62 percent. Now if you go back two more years, an even 20 years to when Kirk Ferentz took over, and he's been there that entire time, during that time, if you include Scott Frost, Nebraska's had five coaches, because that's been brought up in the past, our winning percentage actually goes up a little bit to 66 percent, while Iowa's drops considerably to 58 percent. Well that's just interesting now, isn't it?

You know what, forget what Iowa people want. I'm just going to put this ridiculous conversation to bed. We're going to talk about it all. Alright, Nebraska, All-Americans: Nebraska's had 54 in the past, Iowa's had 27. By the way, that's exactly twice as many as they've had. Conference championships: we've had 46, they've had 13. That's 3.5 times as many as they've had. All-time winning percentage: ours is almost .700, theirs is just over .500. National championships: we have five, they've claimed one, and I looked that up. It was in 1958. They shared it with LSU. Interesting, LSU went 11-0 undefeated, Iowa was 8-1-1. I guess you can claim it if you want. Heisman Trophy winners: we have three, they have one.
Now they say we live in the past, "blah-blah blah-blah blah-blah." It's not living in the past, it's having a history to be proud of. Ladies and gentlemen, if you don't know about your history, you're doomed to repeat it. I think Husker fans are cool with that. I think Iowa fans aren't so much, and that's why they don't like talking about it. Now no disrespect to Iowa in any way, shape or form. I have a lot of respect for that program, but this is the second time within a year that they've talked trash about us in the offseason. Last year, baby Ferentz, Kirk Ferentz's son (Brian Ferentz), the Offensive Coordinator for the Hawkeyes, what did he call us, "that little school west of Omaha," so I responded with a show somewhat similar to this a year ago.
But I'll be honest with you, I kind of enjoy things like this. I used to have a chip, I'll be honest I used to have a whole forest on my shoulder when I was a player, so I kind of like poking the bear, feeling the rivalry. It just kind of gets me going just a little bit, even though Iowa is basically a poor man's Wisconsin. Now they don't get the most highly-recruited kids, and I have respect for the program, but they still manage to be slightly above average. They've always been slightly above average, they are slightly above average, they will always be slightly above average. And if that doesn't get you excited Hawkeye fans, over the past 20 years, you've had a winning percentage of 58 percent. You know what that equates to? Another 7-5 season, yay.

They don't want to appreciate history for obvious reasons, alright. They don't even want to look at recent history when Nebraska has struggled. What they want to dwell on is the past three years. That's what they want to dwell on, or four out of five. But they've been the better team for three straight years. I give them that. I give respect where it's due. I have no problem with that. For three straight years, you've been the better program. Here's what I have to say about that: enjoy it while you can, Hawkeye fans. Alright, you want this rivalry I think just a little bit more than Husker fans do, but whether you like it or not, our trophy case is full, and whether you like it or not, they're having to make more room because in the very near future, we're going to be adding to that trophy case.

Now with all due respect, I hope you enjoy your future of being slightly above average. It might take us a couple of seasons, but we're going to get there, and that's the difference. The future at Husker Nation is bright. Go Big Red, and always remember to throw the bones!!!

This puts into perspective the two programs....some excellent points about program histories. NU has seemingly been seeking and eagerly wanting a rival. I think Iowa fits the bill perfectly, both geographically and from program strengths at the present time. The rivalry should strengthen with time also. I know it will make the NU fans proud to have the upper hand in the rivalry with Iowa and it will add some intensity to your annual games and in the seasons in general. Glad that NU has something to make their seasons more interesting.....and it will be good for the division of your conference.....intense rivalries always do make things more intense.

When Colorado put together that 2-0-1 streak against us in 1989-1991, it meant that the Buffs had arrived. Iowa's current three-game streak simply means that we have sucked. That's the measure of Iowa's program.

By contrast, our three victories over Iowa since 2011 have meant virtually nothing. We know that.
POY.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT