Carl Pelini files defamation lawsuit for being called coke head

BradWesley

Nebraska Legend
Gold Member
May 5, 2004
Jasper, MO
t191.r191677.gif

http://www.omaha.com/huskers/blogs/report-carl-pel

Even while not in Lincoln, the circus of the three Pelini Brothers continues to the embarrassment of their entire families. They are dragging their own names through the sewer by things just like this. Can't wait to see how discovery for this lawsuit goes...

Originally posted by jawbreakingsafetyplay:
Even while not in Lincoln, the circus of the three Pelini Brothers continues to the embarrassment of their entire families. They are dragging their own names through the sewer by things just like this. Can't wait to see how discovery for this lawsuit goes...
What did the other Pelini brother, John do? I heard he was a loose cannon chef.

This seems really stupid to me. Winning on defamation is fairly tough most times, especially when you actually did probably do coke. :p

Carl has to be one of the dumbest people on the planet. The dust finally settles and he kicks it all back up with a lawsuit?

Unreal. So glad these guys are gone.

delete
This post was edited on 3/26 11:39 AM by inWV

Originally posted by Archie Graham:
Carl has to be one of the dumbest people on the planet. The dust finally settles and he kicks it all back up with a lawsuit?

Careful. You might be next in the "Carl suing for defamation" line.

Crap. Just realized this post contains a defamatory quote about Carl as well.

Guess I'm in line now too.

Oh god please make it to a court room... please make it to a courtroom... I want to see the (high) life and (adulterous) times of one Carl Pelini. It would be the best clown show ever! Please make it happen!

It's interesting how little he values his character. You would think a defamation lawsuit would be worth more than $25K just to cover the cost of attorney fees. Either way, you couldn't make this stuff up.

Originally posted by Archie Graham:

Agree 100%. A month ago, he states he just wants a second chance and to move on. Then he gets that second chance and is able to move on and now wants to go back to the past.

The only logic I can make out of this, is if Bo & sweater vest came up with this idea to make him look less guilty. Oh well, not our problem

Reading this, all I can picture is carl dressed up in a clown costume taking the stand with circus music playing the background.

Originally posted by spinner4:

Agree 100%. A month ago, he states he just wants a second chance and to move on. Then he gets that second chance and is able to move on and now wants to go back to the past.

The only logic I can make out of this, is if Bo & sweater vest came up with this idea to make him look less guilty. Oh well, not our problem
You may have hit the nail on the head. Let's say Carl wants to sue for $25M, FAU would definitely fight it. But no, sue for $25K, maybe FAU agrees to settle out of court with agreement that FAU is not liable to pay for anything else. FAU pays out of their "petty cash fund" and done. The Pelini's get to beat their chests and proclaim themselves victims.

He was hired as the Chef at Oak Hills Country Club in Millard. They had to fire him because of his temper and the way he ran his staff. He sounds quite a bit like Bo in many manners. Members could hear him yelling at staff in the kitchen while the were trying to dine.

Originally posted by nebcountry:
Originally posted by spinner4:

You may have hit the nail on the head. Let's say Carl wants to sue for $25M, FAU would definitely fight it. But no, sue for $25K, maybe FAU agrees to settle out of court with agreement that FAU is not liable to pay for anything else. FAU pays out of their "petty cash fund" and done. The Pelini's get to beat their chests and proclaim themselves victims.
The first paragraph states that he is suing his former assistant coach, not FAU.

"Sports Illustrated on Wednesday reported that former Florida Atlantic head coach Carl Pelini is filing a defamation lawsuit against his former assistant coach."

Originally posted by mkbrkloster:

The first paragraph states that he is suing his former assistant coach, not FAU.

"Sports Illustrated on Wednesday reported that former Florida Atlantic head coach Carl Pelini is filing a defamation lawsuit against his former assistant coach."
Well, that blows my theory out of the water.

Lol. If Carl gets any money he should immediately turn it over to UNL to cover all of his bs "recruiting" expenses.
Posted from Rivals Mobile

Originally posted by Mtnhusker:
He was hired as the Chef at Oak Hills Country Club in Millard. They had to fire him because of his temper and the way he ran his staff. He sounds quite a bit like Bo in many manners. Members could hear him yelling at staff in the kitchen while the were trying to dine.
Heard the same exact thing from a friend who belongs to Oak Hills C.C.

Originally posted by scarletred:

This does give me an idea. All the Pelini brothers could get together on a reality tv show. They could gather up players and assistant coaches. Then the Pelini brothers could yell and spit at everyone. They could call the show "Hell's Gridiron". Could be a hit, and all the previous bad publicity could fuel interest in the show!

$25K? Pretty small for a defamation suit, what was the pay at FAU?

Carl has done enough to defame himself. He doesn't need help from anyone else. Poor poor Pelini's. Always the victims.

Originally posted by scarletred:

He also sucker punched a cab driver because he either didn't like way he looked or didn't like the way he looked at him.
It's unclear because of the slurring of the words.

Originally posted by RedSea:
I think that's just the minimum showing necessary for the lawsuit to go forward. Hence the "in excess of" language.

Originally posted by kaz36:
Carl has done enough to defame himself. He doesn't need help from anyone else. Poor poor Pelini's. Always the victims.
Agreed. I wish these guys would just ride off into the sunset and disappear.

Originally posted by kaz36:
The best part about the family is that they are so caught up in themselves that they are completely clueless and unaware that they are bringing it all on themselves.

Originally posted by schuele:

Originally posted by RedSea:
I think that's just the minimum showing necessary for the lawsuit to go forward. Hence the "in excess of" language.
Oh, good point, that's probably right.

Wasn't the first news he admitted everything ,and was then fired? Then he denied it ; so he wouldn't suffer contractually by being fired for cause? There seemed to be plenty of witnesses? It appears something he can settle; and say see? . Cant imagime something like this isn't for a specific purpose, and would be murderous to proceed to actual court. Not researched, just asking

This post was edited on 3/28 4:51 PM by dockentwo

ADVERTISEMENT