Carl Pelini files defamation lawsuit for being called coke head

jawbreakingsafetyplay

Athletic Director
Sep 23, 2006
16,040
275
83
Miami
Even while not in Lincoln, the circus of the three Pelini Brothers continues to the embarrassment of their entire families. They are dragging their own names through the sewer by things just like this. Can't wait to see how discovery for this lawsuit goes...
 

BradWesley

Nebraska Legend
Gold Member
May 5, 2004
36,009
41,694
113
Jasper, MO
Originally posted by jawbreakingsafetyplay:
Even while not in Lincoln, the circus of the three Pelini Brothers continues to the embarrassment of their entire families. They are dragging their own names through the sewer by things just like this. Can't wait to see how discovery for this lawsuit goes...
What did the other Pelini brother, John do? I heard he was a loose cannon chef.
 

TrogdorNU

Recruiting Coordinator
Dec 5, 2014
6,113
16,008
113
This seems really stupid to me. Winning on defamation is fairly tough most times, especially when you actually did probably do coke. :p
 

Archie Graham

Offensive Coordinator
Apr 12, 2007
8,673
2,237
113
Carl has to be one of the dumbest people on the planet. The dust finally settles and he kicks it all back up with a lawsuit?

Unreal. So glad these guys are gone.
 

inWV

Defensive Coordinator
Sep 22, 2007
7,018
4,424
113
delete
This post was edited on 3/26 11:39 AM by inWV
 

gw2kpro

Blackshirt
Dec 2, 2007
3,317
1,961
113
Originally posted by Archie Graham:
Carl has to be one of the dumbest people on the planet. The dust finally settles and he kicks it all back up with a lawsuit?

Unreal. So glad these guys are gone.
Careful. You might be next in the "Carl suing for defamation" line.

Crap. Just realized this post contains a defamatory quote about Carl as well.

Guess I'm in line now too.
 

Nate004

Senior
Feb 13, 2007
2,154
422
83
Oh god please make it to a court room... please make it to a courtroom... I want to see the (high) life and (adulterous) times of one Carl Pelini. It would be the best clown show ever! Please make it happen!
 

Soda Popinski

First Team All-Big Ten
Gold Member
Oct 15, 2009
3,648
5,917
113
Lincoln via Moscow
It's interesting how little he values his character. You would think a defamation lawsuit would be worth more than $25K just to cover the cost of attorney fees. Either way, you couldn't make this stuff up.
 

spinner4

All-American
Jan 29, 2003
4,250
2,881
113
Originally posted by Archie Graham:
Carl has to be one of the dumbest people on the planet. The dust finally settles and he kicks it all back up with a lawsuit?

Unreal. So glad these guys are gone.
Agree 100%. A month ago, he states he just wants a second chance and to move on. Then he gets that second chance and is able to move on and now wants to go back to the past.

The only logic I can make out of this, is if Bo & sweater vest came up with this idea to make him look less guilty. Oh well, not our problem
 

nebcountry

Junior
Oct 29, 2013
1,867
836
113
Originally posted by spinner4:

Agree 100%. A month ago, he states he just wants a second chance and to move on. Then he gets that second chance and is able to move on and now wants to go back to the past.

The only logic I can make out of this, is if Bo & sweater vest came up with this idea to make him look less guilty. Oh well, not our problem
You may have hit the nail on the head. Let's say Carl wants to sue for $25M, FAU would definitely fight it. But no, sue for $25K, maybe FAU agrees to settle out of court with agreement that FAU is not liable to pay for anything else. FAU pays out of their "petty cash fund" and done. The Pelini's get to beat their chests and proclaim themselves victims.
 

Mtnhusker

Athletic Director
Gold Member
Feb 4, 2003
14,186
14,009
113
Sunrise Beach, MO (Lake of the Ozarks)
He was hired as the Chef at Oak Hills Country Club in Millard. They had to fire him because of his temper and the way he ran his staff. He sounds quite a bit like Bo in many manners. Members could hear him yelling at staff in the kitchen while the were trying to dine.
 

mkbrkloster

Junior
Jan 27, 2005
1,823
614
113
Originally posted by nebcountry:
Originally posted by spinner4:

Agree 100%. A month ago, he states he just wants a second chance and to move on. Then he gets that second chance and is able to move on and now wants to go back to the past.

The only logic I can make out of this, is if Bo & sweater vest came up with this idea to make him look less guilty. Oh well, not our problem
You may have hit the nail on the head. Let's say Carl wants to sue for $25M, FAU would definitely fight it. But no, sue for $25K, maybe FAU agrees to settle out of court with agreement that FAU is not liable to pay for anything else. FAU pays out of their "petty cash fund" and done. The Pelini's get to beat their chests and proclaim themselves victims.
The first paragraph states that he is suing his former assistant coach, not FAU.

"Sports Illustrated on Wednesday reported that former Florida Atlantic head coach Carl Pelini is filing a defamation lawsuit against his former assistant coach."
 

nebcountry

Junior
Oct 29, 2013
1,867
836
113
Originally posted by mkbrkloster:

The first paragraph states that he is suing his former assistant coach, not FAU.

"Sports Illustrated on Wednesday reported that former Florida Atlantic head coach Carl Pelini is filing a defamation lawsuit against his former assistant coach."
Well, that blows my theory out of the water.
 

scarletred

Nebraska Legend
Jun 17, 2001
34,164
10,900
113
Originally posted by Mtnhusker:
He was hired as the Chef at Oak Hills Country Club in Millard. They had to fire him because of his temper and the way he ran his staff. He sounds quite a bit like Bo in many manners. Members could hear him yelling at staff in the kitchen while the were trying to dine.
Heard the same exact thing from a friend who belongs to Oak Hills C.C.
 

nebcountry

Junior
Oct 29, 2013
1,867
836
113
Originally posted by scarletred:

Originally posted by Mtnhusker:
He was hired as the Chef at Oak Hills Country Club in Millard. They had to fire him because of his temper and the way he ran his staff. He sounds quite a bit like Bo in many manners. Members could hear him yelling at staff in the kitchen while the were trying to dine.
Heard the same exact thing from a friend who belongs to Oak Hills C.C.
This does give me an idea. All the Pelini brothers could get together on a reality tv show. They could gather up players and assistant coaches. Then the Pelini brothers could yell and spit at everyone. They could call the show "Hell's Gridiron". Could be a hit, and all the previous bad publicity could fuel interest in the show!
 

RedSea

Recruiting Coordinator
Jun 18, 2001
6,551
1,363
113
$25K? Pretty small for a defamation suit, what was the pay at FAU?
 

kaz36

Administrator
Moderator
May 2, 2005
27,970
19,952
113
Carl has done enough to defame himself. He doesn't need help from anyone else. Poor poor Pelini's. Always the victims.
Posted from Rivals Mobile
 

c2o

Defensive Coordinator
Aug 28, 2009
7,518
4,877
113
Uptown
Originally posted by scarletred:

Originally posted by Mtnhusker:
He was hired as the Chef at Oak Hills Country Club in Millard. They had to fire him because of his temper and the way he ran his staff. He sounds quite a bit like Bo in many manners. Members could hear him yelling at staff in the kitchen while the were trying to dine.
Heard the same exact thing from a friend who belongs to Oak Hills C.C.
He also sucker punched a cab driver because he either didn't like way he looked or didn't like the way he looked at him.
It's unclear because of the slurring of the words.
 

schuele

Athletic Director
Apr 17, 2005
13,664
8,933
113
Originally posted by RedSea:
$25K? Pretty small for a defamation suit, what was the pay at FAU?
I think that's just the minimum showing necessary for the lawsuit to go forward. Hence the "in excess of" language.
 

rrthusker

Administrator
Moderator
Jul 24, 2001
125,781
65,714
113
Originally posted by kaz36:
Carl has done enough to defame himself. He doesn't need help from anyone else. Poor poor Pelini's. Always the victims.
Posted from Rivals Mobile
Agreed. I wish these guys would just ride off into the sunset and disappear.
 

jawbreakingsafetyplay

Athletic Director
Sep 23, 2006
16,040
275
83
Miami
Originally posted by kaz36:
Carl has done enough to defame himself. He doesn't need help from anyone else. Poor poor Pelini's. Always the victims.
Posted from Rivals Mobile
The best part about the family is that they are so caught up in themselves that they are completely clueless and unaware that they are bringing it all on themselves.
 

RedSea

Recruiting Coordinator
Jun 18, 2001
6,551
1,363
113
Originally posted by schuele:

Originally posted by RedSea:
$25K? Pretty small for a defamation suit, what was the pay at FAU?
I think that's just the minimum showing necessary for the lawsuit to go forward. Hence the "in excess of" language.
Oh, good point, that's probably right.
 

dockentwo

All-American
Aug 13, 2004
4,861
416
83
Wasn't the first news he admitted everything ,and was then fired? Then he denied it ; so he wouldn't suffer contractually by being fired for cause? There seemed to be plenty of witnesses? It appears something he can settle; and say see? . Cant imagime something like this isn't for a specific purpose, and would be murderous to proceed to actual court. Not researched, just asking

This post was edited on 3/28 4:51 PM by dockentwo