ADVERTISEMENT

Cancelled...

Status
Not open for further replies.
So let me summarize Nebraska's last three games:
  • Opposing placekicker taunts team, coach and fans after last-second, game-winning field goal.
  • Opposing offense runs hurry-up in the last two minutes to post a run-up-the-score TD with 18 seconds left.
  • Opposing athletic director, a FORMER Husker, cancels a game he didn't have to, presumably because his team didn't want to play without two COVID-positive QBs and a COVID-positive assho ... I mean, head coach.
Yep, we're officially in a doom spiral.
You know, you shouldn't be able to have Joe Strummer as an avatar and whine like you do you poor aggrieved soul.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 9and4
They do, and a bunch of defiant no -mask tinfoil hat wearers roam the street in Wisconsin too. The only sure fire way is properly doffed and donned PAPRs, better than the vaunted n95 respirator masks some of the clairvoyant have referenced here. The person who referenced slowing and buying time is correct... universal masking w/distancing is highly effective in slowing transmission and saving lives. , and buying time for a widely distributed vaccine. The guy from Florida with a spouse as a doc would be an isolated voice on our medical staff

Don't you think that docs are under pressure to conform? Don't you think they see what happens to people who dissent from the approved narrative? Sorry, but most people in all professions are not willing to stick their necks out and subject themselves to the criticism, ostracism, and even job loss that they face for going against the grain. Heck, you even suggest that would happen where you work by saying that a person who disagreed would be an isolated voice. Not a disagreeing voice, but an isolated voice. They see what has happened to peers like the Frontline Docs and even someone as highly thought of as Dr. Scott Atlas and don't want any part of it. Fear about what happens when one doesn't conform has always been a concern, but it is especially true now in the insane and dangerous cancel culture that we now live in. It has completely infected (no pun intended) medical and scientific research.

Reactions: Bigred_b1624
NW will cancel, then Iowa just to screw Nebraska.
Don’t be surprised if all the teams on the schedule pull the same stunt, except for Iowa and penn st. I’m just about ready to say Texas wasn’t so bad after all. At least texas has actually won national championships in football unlike Wisconsin

Don't you think that docs are under pressure to conform? Don't you think they see what happens to people who dissent from the approved narrative? Sorry, but most people in all professions are not willing to stick their necks out and subject themselves to the criticism, ostracism, and even job loss that they face for going against the grain. Heck, you even suggest that would happen where you work by saying that a person who disagreed would be an isolated voice. Not a disagreeing voice, but an isolated voice. They see what has happened to peers like the Frontline Docs and even someone as highly thought of as Dr. Scott Atlas and don't want any part of it. Fear about what happens when one doesn't conform has always been a concern, but it is especially true now in the insane and dangerous cancel culture that we now live in. It has completely infected (no pun intended) medical and scientific research.
A CDC staffer who anonymously referred to Fauci as the "Mask Nazi" was forced to resign from the CDC. A family member who was recently in Atlanta says that the family members of the CDC workers say public mask mandates are a joke. It's widely criticized inside the CDC by it's employees.

donald-trump-fat.jpg
And yet this old fat out of shape orange man survived the Wuhan flu.......

I find it interesting that Wisconsin is chicken to play lowly Nebraska with it 4th string quarterback, we’ve haven’t had a winning season in over 3 years. Like Lyle said once I thought I’d never live to see a day like today or something like that

Reactions: headcard
Thanks for the information. I'm just curious why you think other countries have had numbers that appear lower than the US. South Korea, Japan, New Zealand for example - they hardly had to close down their economies. They certainly live with family members. It's been my understanding that they had a very high acceptance of mask usage that helped. But I'm open to accepting that my premise is wrong. I don't have a horse in this race. I just try to do what I can to help us get back to normal. For the record, no one, I mean NO ONE loves wearing masks. I hate them. But if the scientists tell me that it will help the collective country get back, then I will wear one.

It seems you are very thoughtful and have studied this, which is great - but sadly many, many just have fatigue (we all do) and they let their fatigue shade their opinion and actions.
New Zealand is an island and they completely shut off travel in to there when this thing broke. They don't get near the traffic from China and Europe that we do. They had WAY fewer cases from the start in part because they were in the middle of their summer IF you arrived there you had a strictly enforced quarantine. This never really got going there. It's entirely different. It's fruitless IMO to try to compare our situation to entirely different countries, cultures etc. South Korea as well is basically and island considering there's no traffic between there and N. Korea. Japan has had a horrible problem. South Korea has had their own second wave. Is there some genetic difference in how South Korea's or Japan's population is able to respond to the virus? Who knows. It's just comparing apples to oranges.

Look, I don't want to totally discount mask wearing but the cloth things virtually everybody is wearing do very little. That's the fact. A good surgical mask worn correctly MIGHT reduce you exposure by 20%. That might be enough to keep somebody from firebombing your lungs with a large infected droplet. IF you look at pictures out of Japan, South Korea etc. any people I've seen wearing masks are wearing a triple layer medical mask.

New Zealand is an island and they completely shut off travel in to there when this thing broke. They don't get near the traffic from China and Europe that we do. They had WAY fewer cases from the start in part because they were in the middle of their summer IF you arrived there you had a strictly enforced quarantine. This never really got going there. It's entirely different. It's fruitless IMO to try to compare our situation to entirely different countries, cultures etc. South Korea as well is basically and island considering there's no traffic between there and N. Korea. Japan has had a horrible problem. South Korea has had their own second wave. Is there some genetic difference in how South Korea's or Japan's population is able to respond to the virus? Who knows. It's just comparing apples to oranges.

Look, I don't want to totally discount mask wearing but the cloth things virtually everybody is wearing do very little. That's the fact. A good surgical mask worn correctly MIGHT reduce you exposure by 20%. That might be enough to keep somebody from firebombing your lungs with a large infected droplet. IF you look at pictures out of Japan, South Korea etc. any people I've seen wearing masks are wearing a triple layer medical mask.
thanks I tried explaining it in plain English term and I got blasted

A CDC staffer who anonymously referred to Fauci as the "Mask Nazi" was forced to resign from the CDC. A family member who was recently in Atlanta says that the family members of the CDC workers say public mask mandates are a joke. It's widely criticized inside the CDC by it's employees.

As of late April or early May, they were still putting out research papers on their website compiling previous studies on masks that found them ineffective.

Remember when Nebraska had to audition a kicker from the general student population? Wisconsin needs to round up some flag footballers on campus and get their ass down here.
Remember when we had to play a defensive end at DT against Wisconsin in the B1G championship game because our entire interior line was injured and Melvin Gordon proceeded to run for an NCAA record against us.

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT