ADVERTISEMENT

Cancelled...

Status
Not open for further replies.
It still make zero sense that they don't have to forfeit the game 🤬
well, we don't want to penalize the kids now do we /

tenor.gif

So by their logic and the 10 day sit rule for coaches there is no way they should be able to play Purdue. Then they probably lose to Michigan and go undefeated the rest of the season. I fullheartedly believe a 5-1 Wisconsin team will be going to the B10 Championship game over any team with two or three losses with the same wins.

So by their logic and the 10 day sit rule for coaches there is no way they should be able to play Purdue. Then they probably lose to Michigan and go undefeated the rest of the season. I fullheartedly believe a 5-1 Wisconsin team will be going to the B10 Championship game over any team with two or three losses with the same wins.

2 cancelled games and they are disqualified from playing in the natty game. Same goes for us so we only have one more game before being disqualified. I can see Iowa botching that for us.

We should have started earlier in the year, but, since we didn't, the conference should have scheduled every teams' crossover games for weeks 7-8 and used them as potentially floating bye weeks because Nebraska versus Ohio State means absolutely nothing in terms of having a true conference championship game while Nebraska versus Wisconsin really matters.

It's possible that this game is played on November 14th because both teams are scheduled to play crossover games and regardless of the hurdles involved that needs to happen.

The lack of foresight from this conference deserves all of the criticism it receives, so please carry on.

I get all the negative sentiment toward the conference, but if COVID is running rampant through the team, my guess is that more players have it but aren't testing positive yet (or will have it soo). I'd rather they keep to themselves instead of spreading it to Nebraska and having a domino effect throughout all other teams.

Obviously wish we could play this week, but this is the prudent thing to do.

I imagine our suspended DB's still have to sit out for the first half of the NW game?
That what was said on sports nightly last night, the first game there available so my understanding is if the players are hurt and miss the next game so game two and they are healthy the sit out the first half

• Angry
Reactions: BleedRed78
They just smoked Illinois in their first game. They would be playing a team they've beaten (many times handily) for seven straight (I think), and you think the reason they are canceling is because they "seem a little chicken"?

Come on now.
Remember it was only Nebraska and Iowa and Ohio st that wanted to play a little from penn st all others had there lips glued shut

I get all the negative sentiment toward the conference, but if COVID is running rampant through the team, my guess is that more players have it but aren't testing positive yet (or will have it soo). I'd rather they keep to themselves instead of spreading it to Nebraska and having a domino effect throughout all other teams.

Obviously wish we could play this week, but this is the prudent thing to do.
Didn't Wisconsin pause football activities earlier in the year? Those individuals who tested positive earlier don't have to be tested currently which lowers the 170 number and makes it easier to hit the thresholds. Check out OWH article. Also the positivity rate campus wide and county wide in Madison is lower than in Lincoln as per OWH.

Reactions: dinglefritz
I fullheartedly believe a 5-1 Wisconsin team will be going to the B10 Championship game over any team with two or three losses with the same wins.

Yes, because their conference win percentage is higher. But they have no room for error; if they "no-contest" one more game they are disqualified if everyone else plays 8 games.

Reactions: BleedRed78
Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT