ADVERTISEMENT

Can you see a difference between Scott Frost and Matt Campbell?

Yeah that is nice and everything but it really doesn't impress me.

They were just at home and favored and doubled the offense of Iowa and got beat by ten. I mean, if that is not shit coaching...
Iowa's a damn good team. You have no clue what you're talking about.

I'm not sure I understand how Frost has been "given a pass".

Every national and local news outlet has called him out and described him as a flop, disparaged the team's embarrassing execution and lack of discipline, criticized his demeanor and comments in news conferences and painted him as an arrogant underachiever.

Where is the "pass" he's being given in the midst of all this criticism? He was given the benefit of the doubt his first two years, but during last year's COVID season and after the loss to Illinois, the daggers have been sharp and relentless. My point was that Campbell would likely behave differently if he was standing in Frost's shoes coaching for survival each week, even with the low bar at ISU.
First off - Frost has been given a pass by Nebraska - because we have already witnessed two coaches in Callahan and Riley that were fired for much better results.

Nationally Frost has not been given a pass and rightfully so. They don’t drink our Kool aid and come up with the absolutely ridiculous theories that many have on this board. For example, several on here argued that Nebraska was in a much worse position than little ol Iowa State in talent. Any dope can go back and see from the recruiting DATA Paul Rhodes was not a very good recruiter and in fact that was one of the primary reasons he was fired. But no…Nebraska was depleted worse than any other program in the history of college. That was all to explain away Scott Frost record-setting dismal performance in Nebraska history of twice the number of losses vs wins on his watch.

Yeah that is nice and everything but it really doesn't impress me.

They were just at home and favored and doubled the offense of Iowa and got beat by ten. I mean, if that is not shit coaching...
How could you to be impressed with Iowa State when you seem to be impressed with Frost in Nebraska?

But I will agree with you - getting beat continuously by Iowa is shit coaching and your boy could set another Nebraska record for consecutive losses to them. But then again, Iowa is famous for overlooking at least one opponent each year and losing to a team that they shouldn’t, so looking at their schedule, Nebraska very likely as one of those “guaranteed“ wins players have in their mind.

What accomplishments?
Compare to Scott Frost - not the two great coaches Nebraska has had - he looks to be making history in a good way.

- Four straight bowl games.
- Last year won the regular season Big 12 football title for the first time in school history.
- Finished the 2020 season ranked in the top 10 nationally for the first time in school history.
- Ranked in the pre-season top 10 first time in history.
- Had College Game Day comes to Ames twice - only times is ISU history.
- He is the only ISU football coach who has beaten every Big 12 school. Oklahoma twice. Texas three times.

So again, compared to Nebraska history that two great coaches accomplished, looks like chicken feed. Compared to Scott Frost, looks like a hero versus a zero.

Reactions: 3buzzmable
Compare to Scott Frost - not the two great coaches Nebraska has had - he looks to be making history in a good way.

- Four straight bowl games.
- Last year won the regular season Big 12 football title for the first time in school history.
- Finished the 2020 season ranked in the top 10 nationally for the first time in school history.
- Ranked in the pre-season top 10 first time in history.
- Had College Game Day comes to Ames twice - only times is ISU history.
- He is the only ISU football coach who has beaten every Big 12 school. Oklahoma twice. Texas three times.

So again, compared to Nebraska history that two great coaches accomplished, looks like chicken feed. Compared to Scott Frost, looks like a hero versus a zero.
Best season he has ever had is att Toledo. Ever.

How could you to be impressed with Iowa State when you seem to be impressed with Frost in Nebraska?

But I will agree with you - getting beat continuously by Iowa is shit coaching and your boy could set another Nebraska record for consecutive losses to them. But then again, Iowa is famous for overlooking at least one opponent each year and losing to a team that they shouldn’t, so looking at their schedule, Nebraska very likely as one of those “guaranteed“ wins players have in their mind.
I am not impressed with either. That is the point.

Curious, were you unimpressed by Osborne too after his first 20 years? Every year he had lost to an underdog.
Yes, just like every fan. When the team you like gets beat by a shit team are you impressed or unimpressed?

I have never been a fan of Frost or his clown show offense. Campbell takes full responsibility when things go wrong, and Frost? I would hire Matt Campbell and fire Frost in a heartbeat, if Campbell were interested in becoming Nebraska's next couch. He built a program in Toledo and ISU from nothing. True, he like Frost has not beaten Iowa, but Campbell has beaten OU, and we will find another thing that Campbell is better at this Saturday then Frost. ;)

Reactions: B1G RED RULES
Yes, just like every fan. When the team you like gets beat by a shit team are you impressed or unimpressed?
By that one specific game? Not impressed.

By the coach in general? Depends on his body of work which would have to include all other games.

Seems like you keep focusing on one game per season to determine if a coach in general is impressive or not.

By that one specific game? Not impressed.

By the coach in general? Depends on his body of work which would have to include all other games.

Seems like you keep focusing on one game per season to determine if a coach in general is impressive or not.
Sure, but even if you take the ISU season so far, you can't be impressed.

About 14 points per game, and lucky to be 1-1.

I have never been a fan of Frost or his clown show offense. Campbell takes full responsibility when things go wrong, and Frost? I would hire Matt Campbell and fire Frost in a heartbeat, if Campbell were interested in becoming Nebraska's next couch. He built a program in Toledo and ISU from nothing. True, he like Frost has not beaten Iowa, but Campbell has beaten OU, and we will find another thing that Campbell is better at this Saturday then Frost. ;)
Toledo had back to back 8 win seasons before he took over. He walked into a nice situation.

Reactions: ShaggynScooby
Best season was at UCF.
Just like Campbell. I don’t care what Frost did at UCF and I don’t care what Campbell did at Toledo - what really matters is what they’re doing now and Campbell is kicking the shit out of Frost so far.

Just like Campbell. I don’t care what Frost did at UCF and I don’t care what Campbell did at Toledo - what really matters is what they’re doing now and Campbell is kicking the shit out of Frost so far.
They have never played, have they?

This year they both look horrible with Matt looking more horrible. But that is like being the tallest midget.

They have never played, have they?

This year they both look horrible with Matt looking more horrible. But that is like being the tallest midget.
I was talking about what they have accomplished at their current schools. Not a game by game “what if” analysis. Frost at a Blue Blood national program is losing 2 out of every 3 games he plays. Campbell has a no-name program in the top 15.

Of course not, why would they? When you like someone you try to present that person in the best light possible.
People have given their reasons as to why he's been impressive using his entire body of work (right or wrong).

You're implying that his entire body of work is unimpressive based off of this season alone, but you haven't given an actual reason why he's been unimpressive in general using his entire body of work.

If you think he's been overall unimpressive then use his entire body of work as your argument, not just a game or 2 games into a season.

So when you base Campbell off his entire body of work, has he been impressive or not, in your opinion?

People have given their reasons as to why he's been impressive using his entire body of work (right or wrong).

You're implying that his entire body of work is unimpressive based off of this season alone, but you haven't given an actual reason why he's been unimpressive in general using his entire body of work.

If you think he's been overall unimpressive then use his entire body of work as your argument, not just a game or 2 games into a season.

So when you base Campbell off his entire body of work, has he been impressive or not, in your opinion?
I am not impressed. No.
Sorry.

I was talking about what they have accomplished at their current schools. Not a game by game “what if” analysis. Frost at a Blue Blood national program is losing 2 out of every 3 games he plays. Campbell has a no-name program in the top 15.
Yes and at ISU, he has never had a record better than he had at Toledo.

I think Frost sucks, I don't know why you keep comparing him to Matt like I am trying to defend Scott, I am not.

They both had their best records at other schools. The way it is going this year both will struggle to get to six wins. The difference is Frost was expected to suck again, Matt, finally had some expectations and crapped the bed twice already.

They were underdogs.
Wtf does that have to do with anything? Iowa is a legitimate top 10 team. Their defense is one of the very best in college football, and their offense isn't too shabby either. Plus they're a disciplined team in all facets of the game. Losing to Iowa at a crappy program like Iowa State isn't a death sentence like you're making it out to be.

Yes and at ISU, he has never had a record better than he had at Toledo.

I think Frost sucks, I don't know why you keep comparing him to Matt like I am trying to defend Scott, I am not.

They both had their best records at other schools. The way it is going this year both will struggle to get to six wins. The difference is Frost was expected to suck again, Matt, finally had some expectations and crapped the bed twice already.
Noted.

Everyone babies Frost because if he can’t get it done the grandpas are gonna have to accept that the 90’s are gone and that we’re just Minnesota with slightly better weather

Reactions: SuperBigFan
Except he won't have to worry about being in Frost's shoes since he's a much better coach and takes responsibility and holds his players accountable.
Except he won't have to worry about being in Frost's shoes since he's a much better coach and takes responsibility and holds his players accountable.
Much better coach? Holds his players accountable? That’s a subjective opinion since their circumstances are different, but go with it if it makes you feel better.

Much better coach? Holds his players accountable? That’s a subjective opinion since their circumstances are different, but go with it if it makes you feel better.
Must not hold them to accountable since they crapped away a top 10 ranking and love turning the ball over.

If you think what will be the losingest coach in school history is a comparable coach to Matt Campbell, go with it if it makes you feel better. But it's simply not true.

Must not hold them to accountable since they crapped away a top 10 ranking and love turning the ball over.
You're hilarious. Unless a coach goes undefeated or only lose games where they were underdogs are they to be considered impressive.

2016 season, Alabama & Nick Saban were unimpressive. They lost to a team where they were favored by 6.5 points.

You're hilarious. Unless a coach goes undefeated or only lose games where they were underdogs are they to be considered impressive.

2016 season, Alabama & Nick Saban were unimpressive. They lost to a team where they were favored by 6.5 points.
First, thank you, I appreciate the compliment, I am funny.

Second, do you think Bama fans were impressed with Nick that day or do you think they were unimpressed?

First, thank you, I appreciate the compliment, I am funny.

Second, do you think Bama fans were impressed with Nick that day or do you think they were unimpressed?
Nobody is talking about a single game with Saban or Campbell or Frost. It's about their entire body of work at their current place of employment.

Nobody is talking about a single game with Saban or Campbell or Frost. It's about their entire body of work at their current place of employment.
I am talking about a single game.

You want to talk about this entire season, do it. ISU looks horrible, you agree, right?

No clue why you are jocking up Matt so much but he took a top 10 team and has laid two eggs this year. That impressed you, great, it doesn't impress me.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT