ADVERTISEMENT

Can this staff recruit?

Martinez was statistically one of the best players in the conference the last two years....Gebbia?
I probably shouldn't even respond to this, but your point here is out of context in 2 ways.

First, no one is arguing who is the better player. I haven't stated my opinion on it, but that isn't the discussion we are having. It was about Frosts decision making and player management. So this is out of context.

Second, a QB's personal statistics are not relevant, at all. Any QB worth his salt will tell you that the team stats or winning games, is way more important than his own personal statistics. Probably the only personal stat that has some value is the TD to INT ratio. Besides, just because he had a lot of offensive yards in this scheme doesn't really tell the story of what happened this year does it? So the comment is again out of context in my opinion.

Well, I’m just gonna attack this post. It’s mostly all bs. And btw, who the hell is scared to express their opinion on a freakin message board. It’s a message board!!! What? Is the gestapo gonna track you down and come after you? C’mon, man!
You obviously were not here during the Riley years then, because that is exactly what happened to this place. I wouldn't say that is where things are right now, but there was a group that went around terrorizing people that didn't tow their narrative. When that ended, most of those people left and a few are still around and good posters as they had reflected on it, but the board had become like a twisted self reenforcing cult, and it wasn't a cool place to talk husker football. I think most recall that experience and learned and moved on from it.

I probably shouldn't even respond to this, but your point here is out of context in 2 ways.

First, no one is arguing who is the better player. I haven't stated my opinion on it, but that isn't the discussion we are having. It was about Frosts decision making and player management. So this is out of context.

Second, a QB's personal statistics are not relevant, at all. Any QB worth his salt will tell you that the team stats or winning games, is way more important than his own personal statistics. Probably the only personal stat that has some value is the TD to INT ratio. Besides, just because he had a lot of offensive yards in this scheme doesn't really tell the story of what happened this year does it? So the comment is again out of context in my opinion.
How can you argue something like "decision making" when you aren't privy to the process. Not even the captains on the team are privy to Scott's thought process, how could a schlub on a message board have any idea? Players shouldn't be whining about their "boi" being 2nd string..they should tell him to buck up and win the job when the true frosh gets hurt...like in game 1....instead their "boi" wasn't and ended up leaving in a minute .

How can you argue something like "decision making" when you aren't privy to the process. Not even the captains on the team are privy to Scott's thought process, how could a schlub on a message board have any idea? Players shouldn't be whining about their "boi" being 2nd string..they should tell him to buck up and win the job when the true frosh gets hurt...like in game 1....instead their "boi" wasn't and ended up leaving in a minute .
You can tell the stark contrast between then and now. I wonder what all the Berringer supporters (including Berringer) on the team did when TF won the job? If only we had that kind of leadership and Unity Council presence today. This is something that I am hopeful that HCSF will bring back and that we can develop those kind of team leaders again.

Reactions: timnsun
ADVERTISEMENT