Can the violence be stopped?

Trojanhorse13

Walk On
Oct 19, 2017
Burning and looting is not happening from right-wing people. That is not a thing and never has been.
Right-wing, left-wing it doesn't matter. People that are burning and looting aren't helping anything. In my opinion the people that are rioting are idiots, and so are the people that stormed the capitol. Everyone of them should be thrown in jail.

huskerj12

Head Coach
Gold Member
Oct 3, 2007
I think you should watch different channels that don't force-feed you rage and despair in the disguise of news. The world is not nearly as scary as it seems to you. Violent crime rates have dropped almost 50% since the early 90s.

That being said, you are absolutely right that "we reap what we sow." For our entire history as a country, major elements of our society have encouraged violence and discrimination against non-white people. We're living through a time of growing pains right now while that fact is being brought to the forefront. It's an uncomfortable truth, but it's the truth. Instead of grappling with that truth a large chunk of our politicians and media are turning to conspiracies and rage. And the longer people resist dealing with that fact and truly rectifying it, the more it heats up beneath the surface and inevitably bubbles over.

So yeah, it's an extremely tense time right now, but that doesn't mean you should be living your everyday life in fear or thinking things are worse than they are.

dberickson

Senior
Gold Member
Jan 18, 2013
The media wants eyeballs and clicks. The violence is like watching a car wreck X10.

Currently I live in the Columbus, OH metro area. So far this year we have had 63 murders, according to a law enforcement friend of mine, 57 of those shooters were from black communities. Our most recent cop involved shooting was clearly justified in my opinion, but the media makes it sound like it's questionable. the media is selling this narrative for profit and totally lacks common sense. Chauvin committed murder and should pay the price, the media has seen the ratings and now every shooting is examined (by the media) whether it should be or not. Several of my friends are L.E. and they are putting their lives on the line everyday going into extremely volatile and dangerous situations in parts of town where they are spit on and do it to save lives.

CNN and Fox, as well as some others are selling us a product, they think they have to freedom to tell us how to think.

biscuitbagger3

All-American
Gold Member
Aug 9, 2009
The media wants eyeballs and clicks. The violence is like watching a car wreck X10.

Currently I live in the Columbus, OH metro area. So far this year we have had 63 murders, according to a law enforcement friend of mine, 57 of those shooters were from black communities. Our most recent cop involved shooting was clearly justified in my opinion, but the media makes it sound like it's questionable. the media is selling this narrative for profit and totally lacks common sense. Chauvin committed murder and should pay the price, the media has seen the ratings and now every shooting is examined (by the media) whether it should be or not. Several of my friends are L.E. and they are putting their lives on the line everyday going into extremely volatile and dangerous situations in parts of town where they are spit on and do it to save lives.

CNN and Fox, as well as some others are selling us a product, they think they have to freedom to tell us how to think.
They do have the freedom to tell us how to think, just as we have the freedom to ignore it.

Reactions: dberickson