ADVERTISEMENT

Can Nebraska win a phone booth game?

BigNUFan51

Walk On
Nov 29, 2015
It will be interesting to see how Frost handles big boy football in the cold. MSU and Iowa have some big boys up front on defense.

It will be interesting to see how Frost handles big boy football in the cold. MSU and Iowa have some big boys up front on defense.

Yes they can. Our offense did more then fine last week in very cold weather. Frost showed his offense can work even when it’s cold out. MSUcks will be a good test for us to see how far our offense has really came along. But MSUcks lack of offense will help us a lot. Should be a decent, mid scoring game. In the mid 20’s, early 30’s. Huskers 30 MSUcks 28.

You keep saying big boy. Did mommy call you that today when you finally made doody in the toilet?
I'm a big boy today
VRP8G.jpg

Weather is played out and is an excuse for failure. Big boys, lmao... It's Michigan St. and Iowa. They're just the next victim.

Your team in its history has never truly played championship football. You say big boy which is appropriate for what you understand. Power spread is coming. You will learn.

Honestly what I would like to see is Nebraska find a way to win a 1 score game. They haven't done that this year and also they need a win vs a good team. For them to keep building they need to find a way to win tight games and get it done in the 4th quarter. They have 2 chances to get that done, Saturday would be a good start.

Reactions: SkerInCo
It will also be interesting to see if Iowa can handle speed. Nebraska can produce speed

See Stanford vs. Iowa Rose Bowl....That is the future of this series once Frost has all the pieces he needs in place which looks to be sooner rather than later.

Reactions: SOHusker11
If NU is playing a "phone booth" game then they've chosen to play somebody else's game. The offense is predicated on stressing the defense horizontally and creating overloads through motion, then using that to be able to attack vertically once the defense tries to stop one of those elements.

I'm hoping Scott isn't foolish enough to play to his own team's weaknesses just to try to prove they can old school it up in cold weather. There are games that are windy and it's foolish to try to push the deep passing game in 20 mph winds, but that's not the same as loading up and becoming run-only.

"Phone Booth game" is exactly what Dantonio wants and will be playing for , don't believe Frost will fall for that. MSU plays to be in the game near the end and win on a last second field go or TD (see PSU game this year).

Honestly what I would like to see is Nebraska find a way to win a 1 score game. They haven't done that this year and also they need a win vs a good team. For them to keep building they need to find a way to win tight games and get it done in the 4th quarter. They have 2 chances to get that done, Saturday would be a good start.

I’d rather they just kick some ass and make it a safe win..

Offensively, as others have said, we are going to play our game and make them defend the entire width of the field. We'll go with wide splits, lots of motion and lots of receivers spread all the way you. So no phone booth game unless Frost turns into a zombie or something.

On Defense, we're going to have to go tight and tough in the box. They're going to try to knock us off the ball and work the LB's into dense filled gaps. That's where the phone booth game will be on Saturday

ADVERTISEMENT