ADVERTISEMENT

Can Nebraska get kicked out of the Big?

Stick to politics.Laughing

Way ahead of you there.

razzle-dazzle-celebration.gif

Instead of worrying about get kicked out of the Big (Which I think will never happen and talk by some of our fans of wanting to leave it is pure lunacy) maybe Nebraska should do everything possible to get back into the AAU. I believe it was a founding member.
A major reason why UNL was removed from the AAU was because UNMC was not physically integrated into the UNL campus, which is idiotic considering the med center's international rep as a liver transplant center and one of the top three epidemiological centers in the US, if not the world.

Another thing that hurt NU with the AAU is the weight placed on tenured professors. UNL was one of the lowest, if not THE lowest tenured faculty schools in the AAU. AAU sees a lot of tenure as a good thing because it indicate at mature and active faculty. I was an adjunct professor for a few years at UNO and have a different take on tenure; so many faculty were good teachers and solid researchers but a number were just slugs and daring anyone to try to get rid of them.

We could but we won't.

I'd be fine in the SEC, its a great football conference, but its overall better for the state to be in the B1G as an all around conference. The university has so much impact on the economics of the state outside of the bars we frequent a few Saturdays a year.

Reactions: BleedRed78
People always want to draw political lines in this debate but the fact of the matter is that Omaha went for Biden and Obama a couple of times now, so I'm not going to claim Nebraska is this great progressive mecca, but its clearly not as super hard right as some would want/claim it to be.

Lincoln isn't far behind and is in some ways more progressive because of the Uni presence among other reasons. When people are talking about the "state identity" and "political fit" in the B1G we're talking about a relative handful of rural areas that aren't politically in line with the Uni they support, a good many of the people in the stands around them, or even a significant chunk of the players they cheer for before we even begin talking about some far off conference office.

Can't see Nebraska getting kicked out of the big ten soon, but I could see the Cornhuskers football team getting left out of the next mutation of what used to be an amateur sport at a university.

I could see a scenario where the most desirable and powerful out of the big ten and sec leave to start their own league. I could see more universities getting uncomfortable with a game like football and all the safety hazards it exposes to "kids".

The Cornhuskers football team needs to get their program moving again because, regardless of the achievements of the University of Nebraska's academics, football is what has got them to the viable position they are at now and times they are still a changing.

There's still time for the University of Nebraska to get back into the AAU. Technicalities and arbitrary biases and all.

Can't see Nebraska getting kicked out of the big ten soon, but I could see the Cornhuskers football team getting left out of the next mutation of what used to be an amateur sport at a university.

I could see a scenario where the most desirable and powerful out of the big ten and sec leave to start their own league. I could see more universities getting uncomfortable with a game like football and all the safety hazards it exposes to "kids".

The Cornhuskers football team needs to get their program moving again because, regardless of the achievements of the University of Nebraska's academics, football is what has got them to the viable position they are at now and times they are still a changing.

There's still time for the University of Nebraska to get back into the AAU. Technicalities and arbitrary biases and all.
This assumes static football performance. While NU has a sorry track record since coming into the B1G, it's kinda lazy to assume they CAN'T get better.

This assumes static football performance. While NU has a sorry track record since coming into the B1G, it's kinda lazy to assume they CAN'T get better.
I agree. Nebraska should hire Hugh Freeze if Scott Frost fails to launch this year.

Reactions: BleedRed78
Go away.
Most will never miss you.

You just do not know when to shut your nasty mouth.

Trust me, I do not have shit for brains. The way you rant and rave, get banned, suck up to get back just to do it again…..

I suggest you are the one with shit for brains.
It’s always nice to hear from my fans!

• Haha
Reactions: Jaemekon
People always want to draw political lines in this debate but the fact of the matter is that Omaha went for Biden and Obama a couple of times now, so I'm not going to claim Nebraska is this great progressive mecca, but its clearly not as super hard right as some would want/claim it to be.

Lincoln isn't far behind and is in some ways more progressive because of the Uni presence among other reasons. When people are talking about the "state identity" and "political fit" in the B1G we're talking about a relative handful of rural areas that aren't politically in line with the Uni they support, a good many of the people in the stands around them, or even a significant chunk of the players they cheer for before we even begin talking about some far off conference office.
Interesting you use the words "progressive" and "hard right". Why can't you just say "liberal" and "conservative"?

Your last sentence had 66 words and was basically incomprehensible.

I don't normally attack people about their posts, but I have enjoyed reading yours for a number of years. Your posts have always been straight forward and spot on whether I agreed with them or not. Are you doing OK?

Reactions: TheWayITellEm

it does seem like it will cave in on it'self eventually...the brainscar/liability/lawyer greed I figure will kill it before network greed

Reactions: Sinomatic
Penn State had a HUGE, unforgivable scandal, but football wise I'd rather be in their position than ours - they ranked #7 in 2016, #8 in 2017, #17 in 2018, #9 in 2019 - we'd be ecstatic if we had recent seasons like that.
I’m sure the players that played under Sandusky, we’re not so ecstatic. Maybe they trade it for the rankings, probably not. Sounds like u wood
HuskersWay

I’m sure the players that played under Sandusky, we’re not so ecstatic. Maybe they trade it for the rankings, probably not. Sounds like u wood
HuskersWay
Believe me, I'd rather have Nebraska not have another winning season for the rest of my life than have anything like the Sandusky scandal staining NU. I simply said that football wise, it sure seems like Penn State was able to bounce back from that practically scot-free very quickly. Penn State certainly deserved a far more penal outcome than what they got, but the NCAA no longer has any real teeth - IMO, the program should have been crippled to the point that no coach anywhere near the level of a James Franklin would have touched the job for at least 10 years.

I don’t use tv ratings as a guide, nor should anybody else

has there ever been a less accurate metric thrown around in an attempt to measure anything?
Was coming to say the same thing. The data isn't always there and there are a million other factors that play into it.

Reactions: king_kong_
Our offense was fine as a passing team under Bill Callahan, so it's not necessarily the offensive style that matters. It's really all about recruiting.

Do you want to recruit athletes or academics?

That's what this is becoming.

As more and more people opt out of 100k student debt loans to start their lives, universities need to start changing with the times.

You are going to get the traditional high education market (B1G), which I have no problems with.. the rest of the universities are going to have to find something to hang their hat on, and athletics is likely the only other financial hook available.
The offense was not fine under Bill Callahan most of the time.

We will never be safe in the B1G until we have a huge sexual abuse coverup.
we are keeping the me and lexi sun thing under wraps...she just got a lil too passionate...but I refuse to press charges..I'm a forgiving type

Like the subjective personal opinions of random people in Who-Cares-Where, Nebraska!!
your presence here would suggest you care - perhaps not for the location but certainly for the personal opinions - a lot.

being faced with this simple fact is usually very hard for iowa fans who have been fully cucked by Nebraska Football for their entire lives.

I hear there's a place filled with fellow cucks where you can go for help - a place called hawkeye report?

I hope they do. Huge money and back to the Big 12 where we fit. We won't kiss the ring and it passes them off but it looks like ND is going to say no so who do they replace us with?
Kansas, Oregon, Washington, Colorado, North Carolina, Miami. Kansas, Washington and Oregon already reached out. So yeah you could go back to a Big 12, then the conference could get picked apart and you would be left with the other programs left behind.

your presence here would suggest you care - perhaps not for the location but certainly for the personal opinions - a lot.

being faced with this simple fact is usually very hard for iowa fans who have been fully cucked by Nebraska Football for their entire lives.

I hear there's a place filled with fellow cucks where you can go for help - a place called hawkeye report?

He is an Illini fan.

Penn State may suggest otherwise.

The Big Ten Network choose it early in the season, before the season I believe, so it is what it is. FOX owns even more now.

Wouldn't surprise me they won't do it again.
Pennsylvania is a pro sports state. All about the Steelers and Eagles. Neb football is the only game in town in Nebraska. And it’s national fan base are loyal as hell.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT