ADVERTISEMENT

can Garrett Nelson play ILB

inWV

Assistant Head Coach
Sep 22, 2007
He impressed in Spring Ball, but is slotted at OLB. Can he play inside?

You’d have to think it’s a possibility. Even Jackson Hannah has a 220-230 pound frame now...either one COULD step right in...MAYBE. I know the ILBs are more of the QBs of the defensive side of the ball...in my opinion our top LBs have to be Barry, Ferguson, Tannor, Domann and then maybe Honas (or flip Honas and Domann)...so id like to see us find away to get these guys all on the field at the same time at LB (of course I mean 4 at a time..)

Hannah and Snodgrass are both slated inside (along with injured Heinrich)

Hope Nelson stays outside where he could start in '20 since Ferguson and Davis will be gone.

Right and Henrichs is an absolute beast at ILB. Just sucks he got hurt this OFF season. He could have definitely got some experience this season and primed up to take Barry’s role next year.

Last edited:
There’s a reason he’s outside. Yeah he could probably play inside, but they’ve got dudes in his same class in there.

Nelson is gonna show up...early in his career. They’ve got a plan for him. The term “baller” is appropriate here...kinda like Domann.

Good deal, I could have just looked at the roster and seen he’s a junior for this season. Just being lazy. So Honas has this season and next year...hopefully he’s a 100% and can put together two solid to good seasons at ILB. That would be the instant fix for our LB worries. Barry, Honas, Ferguson and then a combo of Tannor and Domann for the other OLB....with some Alex Davis.

And I love the future at LB...Henrichs, Jackson, Tannor and Nelson. With Snodgrass getting into the rotation.

Good deal, I could have just looked at the roster and seen he’s a junior for this season. Just being lazy. So Honas has this season and next year...hopefully he’s a 100% and can put together two solid to good seasons at ILB. That would be the instant fix for our LB worries. Barry, Honas, Ferguson and then a combo of Tannor and Domann for the other OLB....with some Alex Davis.

And I love the future at LB...Henrichs, Jackson, Tannor and Nelson. With Snodgrass getting into the rotation.

Miller will start at ILB over Honas IMO, at least early

Not sure how well Honas is coming along (mentally trusting the knee)

Reactions: oldjar07
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT