ADVERTISEMENT

Can Frost go undefeated

Call me crazy but we have a chance this year. Of course my scenario is considering that we’ll go 7-0 heading into Columbus by the end of Oct. and the rest of the football season will be cancelled due to the second wave of Covid.

mjCWePQ.jpg

Call me crazy but we have a chance this year. Of course my scenario is considering that we’ll go 7-0 heading into Columbus by the end of Oct. and the rest of the football season will be cancelled due to the second wave of Covid.
What kind of drugs are you on !!!

Reactions: RothMatt
I love the optimism. While anything is possible. If I was a betting man I would place those odds at under 1%. We just have way to much uncertainty and youth to go undefeated in the BIG10. I will say the only team I feel we have no chance to beat is Ohio St. I do think we have a very good chance to get to 8 or 9 wins.

The Kool-Aid chugger in me wants to believe that NU wins all the games it should and then the ones it maybe could. There's a case to be made for a breakout season, especially with the OL settling in and gaining depth.

The logical side of me that has watched the last 22 years of NU football says that isn't a wise bet.

The 2020 season is going to be canceled, or at least cut in half. Then we're going to get the shit kicked out of us during the murderous 2021 schedule. We may have only one win going into November, 2021.

As I stated I think we have a realistic shot at get 8 or 9 wins. However when looking at the schedual what game do we feel are gimmie games. Ones we have over a 90% chance to win. The only one I see is Central Michigan. SD ST. I give us over 50/50. Maybe 75%
Purdue, NW, Illinois, Cin, Iowa, Mn are probably all 50/50 type games. Wisc I give us about 30-40%. Penn St. 25%. Ohio St 5%. So yes I could see us win 9 games. I could also realistically see 4 or 5 wins.

Reactions: huntered
Congrats on reaching the status of Crazy AF.
We will be fortunate to be bowl eligible.
If there is a season. If we play our current schedule...7-6 with a minor bowl win against a service academy level team. Reality.

If there is a season. If we play our current schedule...7-6 with a minor bowl win against a service academy level team. Reality.

I think most of us are guessing that, too. Myself I think 7-5 to 8-4 is realistic in our reg season schedule. So your 7-6 guess is about par for me, just on lower side of my guess. In that case we’d be 8-5 because I don’t see us losing that lower tier bowl game against some push over.

So you have us winning 7 games. When are we going to get those wins? In the first half of the season or the back half? Yeah, I’m well aware that if we play the entire season we’ll probably go 7-5 or 8-4 at best.

Reactions: huskerssalts
So you have us winning 7 games. When are we going to get those wins? In the first half of the season or the back half? Yeah, I’m well aware that if we play the entire season we’ll probably go 7-5 or 8-4 at best.

see, I misread your initial post. We could definitely go 7-0 the first 7 games. Do I see it happening, honestly no. I’m guessing we go 6-1 to 5-2 range.

Illinois, Buffalo, Michigan State, Purdue and NW. And you see one win there?

I’m with you, I see more then 1 win there. But then again, I am not expecting us continue sucking going into the 2021 season like some on here do. I expect to see some big progress by then with Lubick and his WR room, having much more depth at RB and on the Oline, not to mention the progress being made on defensive side of the ball with the talent upgrades. So far, DC Chin has progressed our defense every single season. Maybe not huge jumps but he is indeed making progress.

Last edited:
Reactions: CatColumbia
Being rational is completely overrated.
I’ve been drinking, and there is one clear answer no one seems to be backing: The answer is “Yes”

Nebraska could win every game this year... including the mighty OSU. Think how we had em on their heels until Caleb kicked the on-side backward.

Whether it’s the beer or kool aid, put me down for the all gas no brakes- desire to excel and no fear of failure.

Doubting our potential with the normal logic is boring. Let’s Go Big... Red.

Being rational is completely overrated.
I’ve been drinking, and there is one clear answer no one seems to be backing: The answer is “Yes”

Nebraska could win every game this year... including the mighty OSU. Think how we had em on their heels until Caleb kicked the on-side backward.

Whether it’s the beer or kool aid, put me down for the all gas no brakes- desire to excel and no fear of failure.

Doubting our potential with the normal logic is boring. Let’s Go Big... Red.

First Frost has to show he can win more than 5 games. Until then, we are not back. It's not going to be an overnight thing. There can't be just an improvement in talent. There has to be an improvement in Frost.

Reactions: TFrazier
The 2020 season is going to be canceled, or at least cut in half. Then we're going to get the shit kicked out of us during the murderous 2021 schedule. We may have only one win going into November, 2021.
If we are 1-8 going into Nov #1 I would be absolutely shocked. #2 Frost would no longer be the coach.
Illinois
Buffalo
@Oklahoma
@Michigan St
Ohio St
NW
@purdue
Michigan

Reactions: huskerssalts
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT