ADVERTISEMENT

Cam Mack gone

Oh, basketball. Carry on.

Oh come on my man. That’s why Other team fans hammer us and we struggle to recruit basketball. They all claim we don’t care about basketball and only football matters. We have to change that perception of us so Fred Hoiberg has a fighting chance with our Huskers. We got to do our part. ;) GBR

Last edited:
Which in this case would be.... what? I mean, we fill one of the best arenas in the nation game after game to watch the team get pounded. The fans didn't have anything to do with this guy leaving. Not sure what his issue is.
The coaches moved on from him. He has amazing talent and I loved watching him play, but at the end of the day he was a disciplinary problem and for the coaches to build the right culture, he had to move on. He was given more strikes than a baseball player.

I think next year will be better but year 3 should get exciting.

The coaches moved on from him. He has amazing talent and I loved watching him play, but at the end of the day he was a disciplinary problem and for the coaches to build the right culture, he had to move on. He was given more strikes than a baseball player.

He was the Maurice Washington of the bball team.

Only legit D 1 player NU had. Now ya hate on him. Hoiberg didnt want him to leave.

What a weird thing to come on here and say after Iowa was one of Nebraska’s two Big Ten wins. Just lacking fundamental common sense and judgement. I know this is going to piss you off and can’t wait to see what funny retort you come up with.

Only legit D 1 player NU had. Now ya hate on him. Hoiberg didnt want him to leave.
Not trying to start a beef so serious question, wondering how it’s worth someone’s time to be on a fan board of a team they don’t follow.

Reactions: headcard
And yet we beat you

Hey all, Not an Iowa fan FYI. Just know Cam's family a bit while he was at (if you call it that) Hutch. I didnt mean to offend. Also had a family member play for NU years ago and went to the Devaney many times as a kid so always token cheer for NU.

I know Hoiberg pleaded with him to stay. He just wants to be home.and didnt really adapt to Nu or being away IMO.

Take care and stay safe all.

Last edited:
Oh come on my man. That’s why Other team fans hammer us and we struggle to recruit basketball. They all claim we don’t care about basketball and only football matters. We have to change that perception of us so Fred Hoiberg has a fighting chance with our Huskers. We got to do our part. ;) GBR

Sorry. I'm a one-sport man and it happens to be football.

Hoiberg did not plead with Mack to stay. He did however make it known that if Mack was willing to follow certain directives he was more than welcome to stay. Looking at the whole picture including team unity etc not sure Mack leaving is a bad thing!

Reactions: HuskerBlueDevil

Agree with you!! I didn't watch all of the games but the ones that i did, him and Green were defensive liabilities for the most part.

Hoiberg wanted Mack to stay if he grew up a bit. But Mack wants to be closer to his ill mother. I have no idea how much Mack's mother's illness weighed on his mind this year and led to his issues. Maybe not at all, maybe some. But the 2nd hand information that have been getting is that Mack is really a good kid who was really lost this year with everything on his mind. Take it as a FWIW, 'cause I don't know the young man.

Nebraska’s basketball team was historically and comically bad last year. Their only redeeming quality was that they managed to have matching uniforms every game. Every player on that team is replaceable.

Reactions: John_J_Rambo
Mack may have told people he knew that Hoiberg begged him to stay, but that is complete BS. In no way did Hoiberg beg him to stay. Mack could have worked his way back into the team, but he terry much sealed his fate the night he snuck out of the hotel and went to the bars with Burke.

Mack may have told people he knew that Hoiberg begged him to stay, but that is complete BS. In no way did Hoiberg beg him to stay. Mack could have worked his way back into the team, but he terry much sealed his fate the night he snuck out of the hotel and went to the bars with Burke.

The fact that Hoiberg was meeting with Kobe Webster during the Big Ten tournament telling him he would start at PG next year says it all. Hoiberg was moving on from Mack.

Finishing with Sanogo and McGowens would be a very nice haul.

Um. How many times was Cam suspended this season? And you think Hoiberg was begging to keep that headache around. Nope.

we'll see where he ends up and if he can improve his shot from basically everywhere on the floor.

was, in my opinion, one of very few bright spots last year and fun to watch when he's not shooting.

Reactions: huskerssalts

we'll see where he ends up and if he can improve his shot from basically everywhere on the floor.

was, in my opinion, one of very few bright spots last year and fun to watch when he's not shooting.

Quick as lightning, but just couldn't finish. If he could have made layups there were at least 3 games off the top of my head I think we win if not more. Too bad we couldn't have held on to him. I think if he learns to finish, he is going to be a big time player.

It does suck he committed so many team infractions and couldn’t keep his head on right. But him moving on is for the best. I don’t think it was that big of a deal or lake in Hoibergs mind.

With the additions of Kobe Webster this year and Trey McGowen next year, we will be more then fine at PG. Trey McGowen maybe the better PG/SG if the 3 anyways. Dude lit it up in the ACC against the like of Duke, UNC, Virginia and teams like that.

Not to mention Banton can play PG as well. Dude could be our Penny Hardaway. Dudes 6’8 and has the moves and shot of a PG/SG. There’s a reason why he was a Top 100 talent out of high school.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT