ADVERTISEMENT

Calm down, have a drink and get ready for next week

jteten

Offensive Coordinator
Aug 6, 2006
We got outplayed by a good team that is well coached. Just trying to get ahead of the Chicken Little festival that’s about to happen. Didn’t finish with a W but this team has more than the last several seasons. We will bounce back and win some of these close games. 3-1 with many winnable games on the schedule. Cut the sh!t. This isn’t a 5 win team. Illinois will lose next week and the Huskers will get a W. Long season. Sleep it off.

There should still be some optional golfing weather over the next few weeks. Hopefully the rest of Nebraska continues to torture themselves on Saturdays and I have courses open to myself.

Reactions: Dylman
Many winnable games on the schedule? Based on tonight’s performance I think we get by Purdue and UCLA. The crap defense and multiple penalties stand in the way of winning more than those 2.

We got outplayed by a good team that is well coached. Just trying to get ahead of the Chicken Little festival that’s about to happen. Didn’t finish with a W but this team has more than the last several seasons. We will bounce back and win some of these close games. 3-1 with many winnable games on the schedule. Cut the sh!t. This isn’t a 5 win team. Illinois will lose next week and the Huskers will get a W. Long season. Sleep it off.
Grace Helbig Ok GIF by This Might Get

Naw, it’s not the same but expectations aren’t the same. At home bs Illinois. 400th sellout. Veteran team…we looked like trash in so many areas. Maybe we win 7 or 8. But that’s a disappointment in the grand scheme

This mantra gets fricking old. We looked terrible.

Reactions: thall_
If the Huskers get in a shootout with Purdue, then I will agree with you that they are in big trouble. I just don't believe it will happen. I think the Huskers have too many studs to fall off a cliff and take a nosedive.
Where are the studs you speak of not on the lines.

Reactions: BrighteRed24
This mantra gets fricking old. We looked terrible.
What bothers me is we tend to get better in one area and regress in other areas. Great, we now have a plus passing game and have stopped turning the ball over every other series. But now the defense and running game are sucking. Can we ever be solid across the board?

Reactions: cornwoman
Did any of you see WSU beat SJ State? Cougars did just about everything wrong and still won the game. Missed a PAT and threw their own interception in OT when they could have just run the ball, kicked a FG and won the game sooner.

The trend the last two weeks is not good.

Not being able to get the ball away from UNI or ILL is not a promising direction.

Having the D carved up by no longer being able to pressure the QB and that hole in the middle of the field they seem unable to defend.

The offense calls for Jacori having the ball in his hands about 10 times a game, and Emmitt Johnson playing a lot more.

We have to quit asking plowhorses like Fidone, HH, Dowdell and Banks running laterally.

The trend the last two weeks is not good.

Not being able to get the ball away from UNI or ILL is not a promising direction.

Having the D carved up by no longer being able to pressure the QB and that hole in the middle of the field they seem unable to defend.

The offense calls for Jacori having the ball in his hands about 10 times a game, and Emmitt Johnson playing a lot more.

We have to quit asking plowhorses like Fidone, HH, Dowdell and Banks running laterally.
All good points, but this team isn’t bereft of talent like teams of the last several years. They will work hard and beat teams we shouldn’t…and also lose games we shouldn’t. All part of being a good but not great team. Gotta grind. I 100% understand that we need to see it to believe it, but I know what I see and this isn’t a Frost team.

Reactions: dinglefritz
Illinois is a good team. Bert has won a lot of games in the B1G. Coach White didn’t have this defense ready to play at all. They were completely out of position …people running open, and generally just not knowing what to do. And the penalties were ridiculous. This might be the most undisciplined game I’ve seen under HCMR so far.

I will say this. You could see the pain in the players face. It’s not like under previous coaches where we get our butts kicked and the players would show up smiling to the press conference, hoping to get out of there and make last call at The Rail. I have faith in the staff, and I’m really excited to see how they respond next week .

Reactions: Ki11ersker45
Did any of you see WSU beat SJ State? Cougars did just about everything wrong and still won the game. Missed a PAT and threw their own interception in OT when they could have just run the ball, kicked a FG and won the game sooner.
Yeah, they almost couged it.

Reactions: Wasker77
Illinois is a good team. Bert has won a lot of games in the B1G. Coach White didn’t have this defense ready to play at all. They were completely out of position …people running open, and generally just not knowing what to do. And the penalties were ridiculous. This might be the most undisciplined game I’ve seen under HCMR so far.

I will say this. You could see the pain in the players face. It’s not like under previous coaches where we get our butts kicked and the players would show up smiling to the press conference, hoping to get out of there and make last call at The Rail. I have faith in the staff, and I’m really excited to see how they respond next week .
I lost a lot of faith in coach White. What the heck was that 💩 defense that was out there last night? You can’t fix cluelessness.
I have faith in the offense, and while most want Satterfield gone his plan was a good one. People hollering to run the ball more…..Satterfield knows what his team is best at and will utilize that’s.

I lost a lot of faith in coach White. What the heck was that 💩 defense that was out there last night? You can’t fix cluelessness.
I have faith in the offense, and while most want Satterfield gone his plan was a good one. People hollering to run the ball more…..Satterfield knows what his team is best at and will utilize that’s.
It was unreal. I wasn’t even pissed at the end of the game… I was dumbfounded. The defense just looked like they had absolutely no clue what they were doing.

Naw, it’s not the same but expectations aren’t the same. At home bs Illinois. 400th sellout. Veteran team…we looked like trash in so many areas. Maybe we win 7 or 8. But that’s a disappointment in the grand scheme
7 ot 8 would be a disappointment?

I thought that was the majority of the preseason win totals predictions.

Many winnable games on the schedule? Based on tonight’s performance I think we get by Purdue and UCLA. The crap defense and multiple penalties stand in the way of winning more than those 2.
The only team I don’t think we CAN beat is OSU. Gotta get some guys healthy and play better D.

Reactions: Wasker77
Looking at our schedule I think 7-8 wins sounds like a helluva year. Our fans are nuts

Reactions: dinglefritz
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT