Nov 29, 2018
Purdue- W
NW- W
Illinois- W
Rutgers- W
Ohio State- L
Penn State- L
Iowa- W
Wisconsin- L (close loss, 24-21, they win on last second field, brutal game)
Minnesota- W
Extra Game: Michigan State- W (we whip Mel Tucker's ass, Frost runs up the score)

That would be beating everyone we should beat, and maybe one or two more... what’s wrong with that?

Why are you pissy about that?

Did I say "I" wouldn't be pleased with it? Tell me where or are you just looking for fight?

Let me maybe try to rephrase what Tru is saying. That's a 70% win. Definitely a turn around from 3 seasons of nonbowling but 70% w/l isn't the standard of old nor the standard of greats.

Maybe I am missing the boat and don't want to put words in someone else's mouth. But that's how I took it

flaming-dr-pepper-shots-720x720-primary-9cfa29663c4c4436852639a94f213142.jpg

Calling my shot

If they go 7-3, the season will count
If they go 3-7, the season won’t count
Calling my shot

even if we go 7-3 you will be here to remind us of how far our standards have dropped

Let me maybe try to rephrase what Tru is saying. That's a 70% win. Definitely a turn around from 3 seasons of nonbowling but 70% w/l isn't the standard of old nor the standard of greats.

Maybe I am missing the boat and don't want to put words in someone else's mouth. But that's how I took it

What is the standard ? Expectations? Nine wins? Is that satisfying? I am willing to let my expectations lessen in the hope that Frost's culture building will lead to greater results than the 9 wins.

Don't be shortsighted.

I personally think we can beat Wisconsin this year in a blood bath, but we would need the ball to bounce our way once. Basically Adrian has to reduce mistakes and special teams has to improve slightly. I think we can beat them. But I went with the safe pick. No one would take it seriously had I put beating Wisconsin and Iowa. But I think we can, takes a little team maturity for that though

Reactions: red scowl
I personally think we can beat Wisconsin this year in a blood bath, but we would need the ball to bounce our way once. Basically Adrian has to reduce mistakes and special teams has to improve slightly. I think we can beat them. But I went with the safe pick. No one would take it seriously had I put beating Wisconsin and Iowa. But I think we can, takes a little team maturity for that though

We're not that far away. I can see it with Wisconsin. I wonder how we lost to Iowa, Purdue and Indiana. It was garbage.

Reactions: timnsun
Did I say "I" wouldn't be pleased with it? Tell me where or are you just looking for fight?
Then why would it make you sad if many other fans were pleased with it? That doesn't make any sense whatsoever.

I'll never be mistaken for president of the Scott Frost Fan Club, but putting up that record in 2020 would be an enormous step forward.

We're not that far away. I can see it with Wisconsin. I wonder how we lost to Iowa, Purdue and Indiana. It was garbage.

you can see it in the Wisconsin game?

a game where nebraska was never within 2 touchdowns of Wisconsin the entire 2nd half ... at home

good grief

a game where nebraska was never within 2 touchdowns of Wisconsin the entire 2nd half ... at home

good grief
If only you drank the koolaid, you could see it too.

I love the stuff!

good grief

I can. Games can get away from you due to momentum. I didn't see anything in that game that changed my mind about the west. It actually reaffirmed my belief. We're not that far away.

Reactions: OzzyLvr
I can. Games can get away from you due to momentum. I didn't see anything in that game that changed my mind about the west. It actually reaffirmed my belief. We're not that far away.

Out of 7 teams in the west - Nebraska finished 6th (next to last) - I believe that would qualify as pretty far away

What is the standard ? Expectations? Nine wins? Is that satisfying? I am willing to let my expectations lessen in the hope that Frost's culture building will lead to greater results than the 9 wins.

Don't be shortsighted.
The standard of"greats" would be 1 loss and conference championship with bowl victory.

The standard of"greats" would be 1 loss and conference championship with bowl victory.
I would love nothing more than to be there. But we aren’t. Not even close.

As a result, 7-3 and beating everyone we are supposed to beat is a big step in the right direction.

Out of 7 teams in the west - Nebraska finished 6th (next to last) - I believe that would qualify as pretty far away
If you’re looking purely at wins and losses then yes you are correct. If you’re looking at the talent difference then I’d have to agree we are not that far away, I think that has been why watching Nebraska play the past few years has been so frustrating, you can see the talent there you see we have the skill to hang with almost anyone in the BIG10, but we have been our own worst enemy, we can’t seem to get out of our own way. I think we are there we just have to put it all together mentally, we have to stop beating ourselves, and we have to stop quitting in the games if we fall behind... The upperclassmen then now have gotten so used to losing every time a break goes towards the other team that they just give up... I think we have been weeding some of those players out, I think we are slowly getting back to a mentally tough team that won’t just lay down when things get hard, and that’s what we need more then anything right now, we need mentally strong warriors that are ready to fight when things get hard, they won’t just accept defeat, and I think you see that in some of the younger kids... I know I’m excited to see where we are because I do think we are very close to that team, and once we are then we build for the next step

If you’re looking purely at wins and losses then yes you are correct. If you’re looking at the talent difference then I’d have to agree we are not that far away

agree ... once you put aside wins and losses it frees you to conjure up all kinds of nonsense.

Reactions: red scowl

The only game that was disheartening was against the rowers. That was disappointing. It seemed like a failure on many levels. The Huskers were outcoached and out schemed. It should have been obvious.

No reason to deny hope.

I know what I see. In each loss excluding Ohio state, 1 or 2 plays go our way and we win those games. Execution is the main thing, S&C is the icing on the cake. We’re getting the S&C right, need to dial in execution

agree ... once you put aside wins and losses it frees you to conjure up all kinds of nonsense.
oh Jlb, way to take things in the simplest of forms... I have to admit this made me chuckle a little but I’m afraid you may be taking what I said and running with it just a tad... so let’s dumb this down for your simplistic mind...

Husker football team show progress.... Husker football team gave up too easy... Husker football team have talent... Husker football team need to fight through hard time... Husker football team can win now....

I hope that makes it easier for you to u sweat and the point

oh Jlb, way to take things in the simplest of forms... I have to admit this made me chuckle a little but I’m afraid you may be taking what I said and running with it just a tad... so let’s dumb this down for your simplistic mind...

Husker football team show progress.... Husker football team gave up too easy... Husker football team have talent... Husker football team need to fight through hard time... Husker football team can win now....

I hope that makes it easier for you to u sweat and the point

Will you please explain how in 2018 Nebraska won 3 conference games and finished 5th in the west

then in 2019 when “Husker football team show progress” they again win only 3 conference games and now finish 6th

I realize “progress” and “regress” sound similar but they are actually antonyms (that means opposites)

Last edited:
Will you please explain how in 2018 Nebraska won 3 conference games and finished 5th in the west

then in 2019 when “Husker football team show progress” they again win only 3 conference games and now finish 6th

I realize “progress” and “regress” sound similar but they are actually antonyms

It's the new paradigm. People also burn down their neighborhoods now. You're welcome.

I realize “progress” and “regress” sound similar but they are actually antonyms
Again it goes deeper then looking purely at the Ls, look at the plays, look at the competitiveness of the team... I’m not arguing the fact that we finished 5 or 6, congrats you have a valid point there, kudos... Now on to the more complex part that involves looking deeper then the surface... anyone that watches can see we have the players for Scott’s scheme, we have talent, we HAVE to stop quitting, hints why I have said numerous times, we have to stop quitting... look at the games you can see we have the talent to hang, we catch a bad break, a call don’t go our way and we lay down... bottom line is if that mentality don’t change we will never get better in the W/L column... you can do your stupid routine all you want, it don’t change that our young players show a lot of promise we are sticking closer to teams, were in position to win more of those games then we were the year before... but the quitter mentality won over... you and your side kick red scowl can continue to be negative and scratch only the surface but there is way more to it my friend good luck with whatever you two simpletons decide

Again it goes deeper then looking purely at the Ls, look at the plays, look at the competitiveness of the team... I’m not arguing the fact that we finished 5 or 6, congrats you have a valid point there, kudos... Now on to the more complex part that involves looking deeper we are sticking closer to teams, were in position to win more of those games then we were the year before...

2018 average margin of loss in conference games ..... 14.6 points (4 home games - 5 road games)
2019 average margin of loss in conference games .....16.3 points ( 5 home games - 4 road games)

now on to the more complex part that involves looking deeper - if you are losing games by a wider margin in 2019 than you were in 2018 then you were, in fact, NOT "sticking closer to teams" or in a position to win more of those games than the year before

Last edited:
Wrong expectations
I didn't say expectations. I said what "greats"expect. We're not there yet at this time. A .70 win record would have been unacceptable in the 80s and 90s when we were up there as the "greats".

I never correlated it to my expectations for this year.

Personally on a 9 or 10 game season I'd be tickled pink with only 3 losses. Please read the whole thread. I was trying to explain where another poster might be coming from

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT