ADVERTISEMENT

Callahan was right...OU has

I have found out over the last few years, that living there apparently sucks about 3/4 of your brain function. It's Science.
Posted from Rivals Mobile

Aren't you painting with a wide brush.... Do you hold all husker fans accountable for the actions of a few??? It is really individuals doing some really stupid and insensitive stuff... The type of language used in this post might also qualify...

Originally posted by Tahoe78:
Aren't you painting with a wide brush.... Do you hold all husker fans accountable for the actions of a few??? It is really individuals doing some really stupid and insensitive stuff... The type of language used in this post might also qualify...
You're talking about a state than banned AP history and named the watermelon the state vegetable. I have been to this place, I have seen its peoples...the facepalm per capita there exceeds a lot of other places.

There are gonna be some tense moments at all the frats around the country over this one where everyone gets reminded that some things you do not film. I don't recall anything racist being involved, but I can promise you that in my year as a frat guy, there were some VERY profane songs and chants we learned.

I'll slap you down a 100% guarantee that if you raided every house today, you'd fuel a national firestorm over what's contained in the "song books."

Beave 815.... That fraternity can't defend their indefensible speech as you can with your subject line... obvious bias against hillbillies and people that have different values than you... and I am by no way defending the frat idiots from Oklahoma.. I just don't appreciate the language or the broad brush that you paint with... Doesn't sound as if your moral compass is any better than theirs... I can accept calling them out, but not at the expense of all people from Oklahoma.

Originally posted by Tahoe78:
Beave 815.... That fraternity can't defend their indefensible speech as you can with your subject line... obvious bias against hillbillies and people that have different values than you... and I am by no way defending the frat idiots from Oklahoma.. I just don't appreciate the language or the broad brush that you paint with... Doesn't sound as if your moral compass is any better than theirs... I can accept calling them out, but not at the expense of all people from Oklahoma.
lighten_up_francis_zpsqexnspfg.jpg

I don't care for OU and think they have pulled a lot of shenanigans in the past. However, I do applaud their president, David Boren. He moved quickly and decisively in pulling in their board and making some immediate decisions. I applaud his clear and concise statement too.

To those who have misused their free speech in such a reprehensible way, I have a message for you. You are disgraceful. You have violated all that we stand for. You should not have the privilege of calling yourselves "Sooners." Real Sooners are not racist. Real Sooners are not bigots. Real Sooners believe in equal opportunity. Real Sooners treat all people with respect. Real Sooners love each other and take care of each other like family members.
Effective immediately, all ties and affiliations between this University and the local SAE chapter are hereby severed. I direct that the house be closed and that members will remove their personal belongings from the house by midnight tomorrow. Those needing to make special arrangements for positions shall contact the Dean of Students.
All of us will redouble our efforts to create the strongest sense of family and community. We vow that we will be an example to the entire country of how to deal with this issue. There must be zero tolerance for racism everywhere in our nation.
David L. Boren
President
University of Oklahoma

I lived and worked in Oklahoma for about 4 years and even had a son born there and the State in general was probably one of mine and my wife's favorite places to live in the United States and we have lived in more than a few places. Blaming the whole State for this is not the right thing to do as there are many, many, good people there.

Aren't some of the guys, in the Ruff Necks (those jag offs that go around shooting toy shotguns and harass opposing teams' fans)

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT