ADVERTISEMENT

Cade Johnson in transfer portal

In all seriousness, shouldn’t it be an easy grab for us? Or is Clester salty at the Frost regime?
Would he be in line for plenty of playing time? I have no idea how good the kid is, but it seems like our WR is getting deeper... if he would come in and get lots of minutes I guess I could see him coming here...

Reactions: headcard
Would he be in line for plenty of playing time? I have no idea how good the kid is, but it seems like our WR is getting deeper... if he would come in and get lots of minutes I guess I could see him coming here...

Well he’s dubbed as a for sure NFL guy. If he’s that good and we choose to turn away I swear I will be livid.

In all seriousness, shouldn’t it be an easy grab for us? Or is Clester salty at the Frost regime?

It would've been in the Spring, before Nebraska reached their signed scholarship limit for 2020.

Nebraska literally has no room available for Cade, unless he walks on.. which is a pipe dream considering there are likely dozens of suitors.

Yes he should go to Iowa and turn the receiver room upside down. Create total disharmony. Watch Tracy enter the Portal in a microsecond.
All good things, Kirk and Brian deserve nothing less.

Reactions: headcard
If I was a betting man, I would put money on Cade ending up at a program that he absolutely knows is going to play this Fall.

Secondly, I think he will want to end up a program that's definitely going to play and will have a good QB with a quality passing game.

I think a Big Ten school might be too risky right now. I bet he ends up at Iowa State or down in Texas somewhere.

I'm not sure if he would really fit Iowa's culture.
burn-meme.jpg

The fact we snubbed him out of high school and his brother picked Iowa does not give us any good odds... even if we had the scholly space.
It sucks when we snub the local talent only to have the guys we get either suck or transfer.

On a semi-related note: South Dakota transfer Levi Falck has been getting some nice reviews.

For one, you guys got lucky with his little brother because he seen an opportunity for early playing time after Iowa loses its top 2 WRs after this year.

Two, you guys return your top 4 WRs from last season. So it’s unlikely Cade is going to pick Iowa with that much returning production at WR. He’s going to want a team that fits his style of play first and two, a team he can almost guarantee to start and playing immediately....which isn’t Iowa.

Three, hes black...he doesn’t fit Ferentz preferred skin color.

Did you post that with your hood on?

If I was a betting man, I would put money on Cade ending up at a program that he absolutely knows is going to play this Fall.

Secondly, I think he will want to end up a program that's definitely going to play and will have a good QB with a quality passing game.

I think a Big Ten school might be too risky right now. I bet he ends up at Iowa State or down in Texas somewhere.
This is the correct post.

The fact we snubbed him out of high school and his brother picked Iowa does not give us any good odds... even if we had the scholly space.
It sucks when we snub the local talent only to have the guys we get either suck or transfer.

On a semi-related note: South Dakota transfer Levi Falck has been getting some nice reviews.
Not sure we snubbed him. He wasn't on the radar of any school, anywhere. Wasn't he originally a walk-on at SDSU?

Reactions: CatColumbia
Not sure we snubbed him. He wasn't on the radar of any school, anywhere. Wasn't he originally a walk-on at SDSU?
Oh probably right. I was mixed up with CJ who I know we were close to offering.
Looks like Cade at least was offered by SDSU, so wasn’t a walk on.
I’m also not quick to pass to much blame for whiffing on underrated local talent as you never know how they’ll pan out. It just sucks when local kids do well outside of Nebraska.

completely agree. He’s going to pick a team that will play this fall. He isn’t coming to the Huskers, Iowa or any team in the BIG 10 or Weak 12 (Pac 12).

Reactions: CBurns05
Was Eli a walk on ? I know with Greene his scholarship still counts against the number .....I think

We Subbed his older brother CJ. Both Bo and Riley
What does that have to do with Frost? Surely people are smart enough to realize a previous coaching staff not recruiting a son has nothing to do with a current staff right?

And don't call you Shirley.

What does that have to do with Frost? Surely people are smart enough to realize a previous coaching staff not recruiting a son has nothing to do with a current staff right?

And don't call you Shirley.
Roger Roger

It would've been in the Spring, before Nebraska reached their signed scholarship limit for 2020.

Nebraska literally has no room available for Cade, unless he walks on.. which is a pipe dream considering there are likely dozens of suitors.
How many players are there still on the roster from Florida? Given time there may be an opening.

I believe Eli was a walk on that earned a scholly. But nonetheless we’ve lost 3 recruits already from last years class.
Meh. By the time they would actually be playing we will have replaced them with a transfer or a new recruit. Welcome to the new world of college athletics. I don't have that big of a problem with it.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT