ADVERTISEMENT

BYU RB

It this the guy that got hurt last year or the guy that took his place?

Do you have to use your redshirt year if you aren't in school? I thought that, if you aren't enrolled, you just don't use a year of eligibility, like those who play baseball, go on a religious mission, etc.

Do you have to use your redshirt year if you aren't in school? I thought that, if you aren't enrolled, you just don't use a year of eligibility, like those who play baseball, go on a religious mission, etc.

Athletes are on a 5 year clock. An athlete can compete 4 years out of 5 total years. The 5 year clock begins the semester a student enrolls full-time.

Yeah.. Their boards are melting down over it. Sounds like he was a pretty big loss.

Looks like his backup is solid, though more of a fullback type and a pretty good receiver out of the backfield. Other than that looks like they have a really good kick returner who occasionally plays RB, and a pretty good walk-on who has put up good numbers almost exclusively after the game was over.

Has to put more pressure on Taysom Hill. Might tempt the coaches to call more designed runs for Hill, something they wanted to cut back on.

Guy was on my fantasy team last year he had OK numbers but was not a back that would typically give us trouble

I guess we need too watch the point spread here. With their qb being so positive we dropped to a 4and a half favorite area. I would guess If our news continues positive; we may move backup to about the 7 point area. I believe they suspended their starting safety; and some top posters here are not impressed with their D; I think our O will prove itself. Losing this rb is called a major blow by Cornicator; rings especially true with a qb who often carries a team with his feet, coming back off a second knee injury... No quicker way for them to ruin their season; than running him into the teeth of a newly inspired N defense with a d-line unleashed. This qb will test our our newly accented tackling abilities; especially with a young lb or two, not worried, those will be some hard charging safety's. If we get to qb early; it may actually create more blitzing. GBR

ADVERTISEMENT