ADVERTISEMENT

BYU game: 2:30 p.m. kickoff on ABC

Alum-Ni

Administrator
Gold Member
Aug 29, 2004
Game time for the season-opening game against BYU has been set for 2:30 with television coverage on ABC.

Anyone over 75 should have the good sense to stay home and watch the games on TV. Send your money but leave the actual games to the loud/young fans.

Prepare for blue hairs being taken out on stretchers...

It really depends on the year. I've been to most openers of the last 20 seasons. It always seems to be hit or miss for high temps.

There have obviously been games where temps were near 100 and the humidity was brutal. But I also remember plenty of home openers where temps were comfortable.

And lets be honest, on those days where its 97 at 3 pm with 65% humidity, its still brutally hot and humid at 7 pm and really doesn't ever cool down.

Question: is NU favored in this game? This could be one of those where we're only favored by a few points but I'd like to hear what others think about this game. For some reason I'm not feeling warm fuzzies about this nationally televised first game in Lincoln for MR. Hope I'm wrong, lol.

BYU's defense will be on par with that Fresno State team Nebraska shredded last year.

However, their offense will be as powerful as Wisconsin was last season. They obviously won't have a back like Melvin Gordon, but they will share the ball and really try to ramp up the running game. Taysom Hill, if healthy, is the most powerful running QB in college football.

Their receivers are pretty damn good, but the effectiveness of their passing game will be contingent on Hill's ability to run the football.

BYU's defense will be on par with that Fresno State team Nebraska shredded last year.

However, their offense will be as powerful as Wisconsin was last season. They obviously won't have a back like Melvin Gordon, but they will share the ball and really try to ramp up the running game. Taysom Hill, if healthy, is the most powerful running QB in college football.

Their receivers are pretty damn good, but the effectiveness of their passing game will be contingent on Hill's ability to run the football.
Have there been any announcements yet about their suspensions coming out of the bowl game . If not does anybody know when the suspensions are handed down.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT