ADVERTISEMENT

Bye Chinander

GJMagic41

Aug 31, 2018
Behind a desk
Anybody having Diaco flashbacks here, or is it just me? Simply put, Erik Chinanders career here is about over. Find somebody more suited to get our defense ready to go, and if it took a team like Iowa to show our defense is somewhat decent, then that's BAD. The offense, well, simply find a better center and work our QB's into effectively running downfield plays. We have the players necessary to get something started here. Get rid of the coordinators that arent getting the job done.

Chins needs to make some changes in his approach but it seems like his system has been evolving. Last week there was a passing remark by somebody in the media about a shift towards a 4-2-5 set being used a lot more. I haven't watched the last few games to say if its happening but I would love that to be the case.

Reactions: countrybob
Anybody having Diaco flashbacks here, or is it just me? Simply put, Erik Chinanders career here is about over. Find somebody more suited to get our defense ready to go, and if it took a team like Iowa to show our defense is somewhat decent, then that's BAD. The offense, well, simply find a better center and work our QB's into effectively running downfield plays. We have the players necessary to get something started here. Get rid of the coordinators that arent getting the job done.

Hawk fan here who expected Iowa to rush for 250 Today. Held us to our second lowest point total of the season and second lowest rushing output. Chins didn’t call the offense that only put up 20.

But yeah, Nebraska should totally fire him!

If Petras didn't suck dick as a qb then what Illinois did to us last week would've happened again today. Lot of wide open missed throws. Every crosser route seemed so easy when we ran zone. Thats basic junior high stuff in calling out a crosser so the next guy knows to pick him up. Thats a pretty good indicator that the defensive communication is garbage. Also the Nelson play where he was covering the TE but was also contain guy. What the hell kind of scheme is that? We weren't blitzing anyone so how was he the guy to cover, there should've been an LB or someone else to help. Why the hell was Stille out in coverage on that one play? As fast as he took off out to coverage at the same time as the olb/de coming in on the edge it was clearly designed as well... wtf are these defensive designs? Credit where credit is due, they're playing hard and the offense isn't helping them at all, but there's so much basic fundamental stuff that seems like it gets overlooked, and I'm not convinced Chins is a good coordinator

If Petras didn't suck dick as a qb then what Illinois did to us last week would've happened again today. Lot of wide open missed throws. Every crosser route seemed so easy when we ran zone. Thats basic junior high stuff in calling out a crosser so the next guy knows to pick him up. Thats a pretty good indicator that the defensive communication is garbage. Also the Nelson play where he was covering the TE but was also contain guy. What the hell kind of scheme is that? We weren't blitzing anyone so how was he the guy to cover, there should've been an LB or someone else to help. Why the hell was Stille out in coverage on that one play? As fast as he took off out to coverage at the same time as the olb/de coming in on the edge it was clearly designed as well... wtf are these defensive designs? Credit where credit is due, they're playing hard and the offense isn't helping them at all, but there's so much basic fundamental stuff that seems like it gets overlooked, and I'm not convinced Chins is a good coordinator

I agree, there were times where half of the guys were in zone and others were man to man. It Looked worse than backyard thanksgiving football with the in-laws.

Reactions: Swiv3D
When Oldjar likes your post, you should immediately delete it.

2.9 ypc or something? Chins isn't a wizard by any stretch but no NU coordinator has stuffed Iowa's run game like that in a while 😒
Only had to keep our best Dline on the bench all year so we could surprise Iowa in a losing effort.

Defense has actually improved somewhat, cant say the same for the pathetic offense Frost trots out there every week. If the offense was half as good as what he said it was going to be Nebraska would be doing just fine.

I agree, there were times where half of the guys were in zone and others were man to man. It Looked worse than backyard thanksgiving football with the in-laws.
I saw some of that last year where half the guys were in zone and half in man. Wouldn't surprise me with Chinander's Jr. High level schemes.

Look at the Iowa fan’s comments. Nebraska didn’t lose this game because if it’s Defense. We had a chance to win because of the defense!

Chin’s isn’t perfect, but I’m really getting tired of the narrative. There’s problems all around the roster, but Chin’s always gets bashed while the O gets a pass by some people.
Nebraska held the ball less than 26 minutes. We have only won the TOP battle once this year. If you are going to consistently lose that stat, and make your D play that much, you better score more than 20!!!!

I agree, Chins isn't good, but the defense at least looks like it has a pulse. The O is a collage of ineptness. Their best play is a broken play that allows the QB to scramble.

I remember when Charlie McBride sort of defended SP for the firing of Solich with the comment that Frank’s unforgivable sin was letting The Pipeline fall on hard times. Charlie may have been right but I would take any of Frank’s oline‘s over the mostly garbage lines since Frank left. For all of you AM critics, just for fun play back a couple games and just watch the oline. Obviously the bad snaps get a lot of attention but I suspect most people haven’t even noticed how bad the line has been for two frickin decades. TO didn’t always have great QB’s and even when he did at times injury forced him to play walk-ons, but The Pipeline usually bailed us out. That never happens anymore.

Chinander may not be great but we lost today’s game courtesy of special teams and the usual poor oline play. That’s not on Chinander or Martinez. Unfortunately our third year coach seems incapable of fixing anything, and that’s an even bigger issue.

Last edited:
I remember when Charlie McBride sort of defended SP for the firing of Solich with the comment that Frank’s unforgivable sin was letting The Pipeline fall on hard times. Charlie may have been right but I would take any of Frank’s oline‘s over the mostly garbage lines since Frank left. For all of you AM critics, just for fun play back a couple games and just watch the oline. Obviously the bad snaps get a lot of attention but I suspect most people haven’t even noticed how bad the line has been for two frickin decades. TO didn’t always have great QB’s and even when he did at times injury forced him to play walk-ones but The Pipeline usually bailed us out. That never happens anymore.

🤔 odd to compare eras, when you look at today's RPO offenses.

Why doesn't anyone mention Ryan Held? Is he off limits? His running backs haven't exactly been lighting it up. Him, Austin and the Northern Iowa QB whisperer should be the first to go,
I’m not sure if the issues are the RB’s or if it is the offensive line.

Reactions: SeaOfRed75
I’m not sure if the issues are the RB’s or if it is the offensive line.
I haven't seen enough of the running backs to know if that position is weak or a problem. When we have a drive going that the backs or gaining some rythem they go away from it on the next series.

Reactions: HuskerDana
I remember when Charlie McBride sort of defended SP for the firing of Solich with the comment that Frank’s unforgivable sin was letting The Pipeline fall on hard times. Charlie may have been right but I would take any of Frank’s oline‘s over the mostly garbage lines since Frank left. For all of you AM critics, just for fun play back a couple games and just watch the oline. Obviously the bad snaps get a lot of attention but I suspect most people haven’t even noticed how bad the line has been for two frickin decades. TO didn’t always have great QB’s and even when he did at times injury forced him to play walk-ons, but The Pipeline usually bailed us out. That never happens anymore.

Chinander may not be great but we lost today’s game courtesy of special teams and the usual poor oline play. That’s not on Chinander or Martinez. Unfortunately our third year coach seems incapable of fixing anything, and that’s an even bigger issue.
The best effing post I have seen here in weeks.

His third down defense is 110 out of 120 schools you are going to win many games with that statistic
Agreed. While much better today....the painful fact about Chins is that NU tends to get a team in 3rd and long numerous times during a game....but bails them out. That being said, we have less problems on defense, than we do on offense or st.

The D showed up when they were needed. This season isn’t on the D. We are a walking turnover/penalty/bad snap/special teams failure waiting to happen. It’s pretty incredible to watch honestly.

17 of the last 29 games Chinander defense has allowed 31 + points a game...

They played good enough to win today but the last 2 years and 4 games this year of the other 28 games tells a different story..

They played good enough to win today but the last 2 years and 4 games this year of the other 28 games tells a different story..

I can find stats that show the offense has sucked against just about every P5 team Nebraska has played under Frost. When you don’t score,kill yourself with holding, false start calls, turn the ball over, lose the time of possession stat, you will make your defense look even worse.

I don’t care who the DC is, if Frost’s offense can’t average more than 25 points a game, we will continue to lose games.

I can find stats that show the offense has sucked against just about every P5 team Nebraska has played under Frost. When you don’t score,kill yourself with holding, false start calls, turn the ball over, lose the time of possession stat, you will make your defense look even worse.

I don’t care who the DC is, if Frost’s offense can’t average more than 25 points a game, we will continue to lose games.

You do have a good point..

Nebraska points per game

2018- 30

2019- 28.5

2020- 21.8 (no non-con cupcakes, oh but glad we didn’t play Cincinnati).

Yep, fire Chins!
Our defense is giving up 32.6 ppg this year, which is worse than last year. They are trash.

They obviously didn't play well enough to win.

2 main turning points of the last 2 games came immediately after our D got a 3 and out in a crucial part of the game.
1 was fake punt that totally broke our back after they scored
2nd was a fumbled punt return which lead to another score and the D being back on the field again.
The players constantly piss down their leg when it's the critical part of the game

The Illinois game was inexcusable. Ohio St is Ohio St. The other 3 were good enough to win.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT