ADVERTISEMENT

Buzzard Billys?

BleedRed89

Nebraska Football Hall of Fame
Gold Member
Nov 27, 2008
Making final plans for our trip into Lincoln tomorrow. We've kind of gotten into a cycle of the same resturaunt everytime. Lazlos on Friday night. Watering Hole after the game. Trying to change it up this year and someone suggested Buzzard Billys. Looking at the menu it seems overwhelming. Is this a place trying to do too much or is it genuinely good food? Being a chain I'm skeptical. But alligator fingers sounds like a nice change of pace....

Originally posted by BleedRed89:
Making final plans for our trip into Lincoln tomorrow. We've kind of gotten into a cycle of the same resturaunt everytime. Lazlos on Friday night. Watering Hole after the game. Trying to change it up this year and someone suggested Buzzard Billys. Looking at the menu it seems overwhelming. Is this a place trying to do too much or is it genuinely good food? Being a chain I'm skeptical. But alligator fingers sounds like a nice change of pace....
I have liked it when I was there, I know my son and friends really like it.

Love the food there! The alligator is good. I usually get a chicken dish with a creamy crab sauce on it - to die for!

Definitely a good place to eat, we go 4 or 5 times during basketball season. Alligator is good, the ribeye is good, catfish is good plus, coach Cav loves that place, ha!
Posted from Rivals Mobile

Get the armadillo eggs. You will be very pleased. And it's a cool place. Head downstairs to the Starlight lounge for a cocktail after. Some people get a kick out of that.

Buzzards Billy's is just typical bar food. Decent. I don't think you can ever go wrong going to the Watering Hole. Best wings you can get IMO. How BW3s keeps its doors open is beyond rational thought.

Decent cajun and creole. If you like crawfish i highly recommend the etouffee. Its like jambalaya but better

We eat the same thing every time we go there. Alligator & armadillo eggs. The armadillo eggs are actually chicken breasts rolled around cheese & a slice of jalapeno then wrapped in bacon & deep fat fried. They are about the size of a golf ball and are fantastic.

I come to Lincoln once a year for a game early in the season and Buzzard Billy's is always on my list of places to eat and drink. I like it especially if you can get a seat outside on the deck because it gives you a chance to catch a lot of the game day foot traffic in the Haymarket. The pep band usually makes an appearance at some point as well. I think the Cajun food is pretty damn good for a chain and that is coming from someone who has been in New Orleans a lot and loves Cajun food. And the prices don't break the wallet.

Fried shrimp po boy and a cup of gumbo. Cornstalker draft beer. You're welcome.

Buzzard Billy's is "chain Cajun" - that said, it's not bad. Service is generally good, prices are fair, portions are fairly generous, and the overall quality is relatively good (for "Cajun" far north of I-10) and quite consistent. If you have had true Cajun food in south Louisiana, you may find Buzzard Billy's somewhat "meh" by comparison, but outside of that, and compared to what is available here locally, it's not bad at all.

Originally posted by Saltgrass:
Buzzard Billy's is "chain Cajun" - that said, it's not bad. Service is generally good, prices are fair, portions are fairly generous, and the overall quality is relatively good (for "Cajun" far north of I-10) and quite consistent. If you have had true Cajun food in south Louisiana, you may find Buzzard Billy's somewhat "meh" by comparison, but outside of that, and compared to what is available here locally, it's not bad at all.
That's my position too. You're not going to think that you're down in New Orleans, but the place is okay as part of a Haymarket bar/food crawl.

Watering Hole wings are still good, but not as good before the remodel. Plus, the prices are higher for a smaller order.

Took a couple guys from work to a game and we went to Buzzard Billys.
Everybody liked it except for janitor jim.
He ordered a cheeseburger with nothing on it and got mad because there was nothing on it.

I personally find Buzzard Billy's as close to Cajun as your going to get up there. If you like spicy seafood I would recommend it.

Ate at the Des Moines location last night. The chicken fettuccine Alfredo was really good.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT