ADVERTISEMENT

Buyout Money

artguy68

Junior
Nov 3, 2008
Nebraska is dominant in one category-- buyout payments. The OWH reported last year that NU has paid over $27 million in buyout money-- essentially paying people not to be here-- since 2005. Add to that, $3 million to Bill Moos to "retire". If Frost is fired this season, he will get between $15 and $20 million depending on when it happens. That means, in 16 years, Nebraska is paying as much as $50 million to people who don't work for Nebraska. No other school is close to that number.

Nebraska is dominant in one category-- buyout payments. The OWH reported last year that NU has paid over $27 million in buyout money-- essentially paying people not to be here-- since 2005. Add to that, $3 million to Bill Moos to "retire". If Frost is fired this season, he will get between $15 and $20 million depending on when it happens. That means, in 16 years, Nebraska is paying as much as $50 million to people who don't work for Nebraska. No other school is close to that number.
And I honestly hope Frost gets his full buyout so it teaches us a lesson about offering idiotic contract extensions.

Would’ve been nice if that money made it to people in need or cancer research instead of loser coaches. Glad I stopped buying season tickets after Frost’s second year.

Last edited:
Everybody wanted Scott Frost
I think I wanted tom herman or the colorado state coach at the time, instead of frost..
nothing against frost, he just can't see the forest from the trees (the big picture)
any other coach would of had competition/replacement for martinez in year 2. look at belimia, he had a 2nd string qb ready to go, and it was his first year.

There were definitely some fans who didn’t want him, saying he wasn’t experienced enough and not ready for this big stage. But I chalk 99% of that up to some people just always want to be contrarians. The blind squirrels found their nut in this case.
Yes, almost all of the fans wanted him. But fans do not negotiate contracts. The problem is that NU tends to give out bad contracts. A 7 year contract plus two year extension after two poor seasons? $5 million a year buyouts? That is insane.

And I honestly hope Frost gets his full buyout so it teaches us a lesson about offering idiotic contract extensions.
I was told prior to the Hiring of Frost that he would get an extension to bring his package to seven years as it would take that long to change the culture, bring in his recruits and get the facilities up to date. That came from a large donor. I don't think "They" ever anticipated after three years, Frost would be the only the third coach at Nebraska with a losing record. Great seven year plan!

If the big money donors want frost gone it will happen. I really wish frost would do like erstad and resign at the end of the season he would earn a lot of respect back, but he‘s to arrogant he’ll take the money laughing all the way. Thank goodness he’ll have to pay Nebraska state income taxes we’ll get some of his money back

base salaries with huge bonuses to be paid based on production. no more awarding these jokers ahead of doing anything. some fricking winner will show up and meet this challenge. it's called capitalism i think.

Reactions: BleedRed78
It is sad but I’m almost hoping that Trev has enough “for cause” ammo to negotiate a resignation to spare the full buyout, IF the decision is made to make a change.
Some say this has been in the works already.. SF knows his days are numbered if he doesn’t win 6 games..

I haven’t heard anything definitive, but until someone adequately explains the exact reason for Moos’ sudden departure, it leads to speculation.
Moos was let go because he no longer was in his office and spending time on his farm..
Heard he didn’t go to any Basketball or Baseball games last season... He has a punch card to enter his office and he hadn’t punch in for months..

• Wow
Reactions: artguy68
I bought a lottery ticket yesterday. If I win, I will be able to buy out his contract. But I wont win so Im stuck with him. Well he wont get fired unless he starts 0-6 anyways.

Moos was let go because he no longer was in his office and spending time on his farm..
Heard he didn’t go to any Basketball or Baseball games last season... He has a punch card to enter his office and he hadn’t punch in for months..
And what was going on with the program while he was MIA? 🤔 That sounds like giving a reason without giving the full reason.

And what was going on with the program while he was MIA? 🤔 That sounds like giving a reason without giving the full reason.
Unless you mean he gave SF the rein to do anything he wanted.. just what I heard that he wasn’t doing his job..

Unless you mean he gave SF the rein to do anything he wanted.. just what I heard that he wasn’t doing his job..
I think the lack of going to his office would have been just fine if Nebraska was winning. I don’t know if he gave free reign but Frost was quick to claim that the administration fully knew what was going on.

One thing I have learned is when it comes to people suddenly leaving positions, the public information given out is carefully worded for lots of reasons.

I think the lack of going to his office would have been just fine if Nebraska was winning. I don’t know if he gave free reign but Frost was quick to claim that the administration fully knew what was going on.

One thing I have learned is when it comes to people suddenly leaving positions, the public information given out is carefully worded for lots of reasons.
Nebraska baseball team was winningWinking.. Speculating that SF had permission from the administration office you would think that both SF and Moos would know the rules of a analyst participating in practice is a rules violation..

Reactions: newAD
Publicly: We stand behind our Coach and believe in him. Privately: Screw him, we never liked that somebitch anyway… the search is in the works. Trev pack your bags you have a flight to catch. Make us proud and Go Big Red

Reactions: BleedRed78
So I need to prove to you, a nobody, that I was not in favor of Frost. I will not waste my time or talents on this endeavor. There are far more better things to do in life than to try to prove honesty in a dishonest world...
Good point.. only God Knows now so we can leave it at that.. So it’s on you..

Not that I don't believe you, but do you have a source? Where did this info come from?

So I need to prove to you, a nobody, that I was not in favor of Frost. I will not waste my time or talents on this endeavor. There are far more better things to do in life than to try to prove honesty in a dishonest world...
Your about as big a nobody as me, but I agree, we can part ways now.

ADVERTISEMENT