ADVERTISEMENT

Business related question

PCastro

Sophomore
Jul 20, 2019
So stock market waaay down—-duh. We all
Know buy low sell high. So is anyone putting new money in the stock market later this week?

I will be chunking one account every 2000 pt drop unless it shoots back up, then ill hold or sell if it regains.

Waiting for this 12 mile long bull to start spitting blood....

Reactions: Shermski77
I will be chunking one account every 2000 pt drop unless it shoots back up, then ill hold or sell if it regains.

Waiting for this 12 mile long bull to start spitting blood....
We've been due for a correction for a long long time. The market has been ridiculous. I think it was about a year ago that I suggested on this board that a wicked correction back to the 16000 range back then wasn't an impossibility just based on long term trend lines.

I heard someone say the bull market does not run out of gas but some event causes it's demise. Well, we now have it.

Word is the Saudi's dumped a bunch of cheap oil on the market hoping to put pressure on other countries. The U.S. is one of the few strong economies in the world so we will see. The big problem is the amount of corporate debt and with a potential cash flow issue it could spell trouble.

Last edited:
I am kicking the piss out of myself. I looked at selling vertical call spread options like a week before it tanked. That last leg up seemed too hard/fast for no good reason. Almost every election year the market does poorly. I wanted to bank on it going either down or sideways until September. I wasn’t thinking about Coronavirus, just technicals. It is suspect as hell how technical turning points in the market correspond so perfectly with “random” news driven events so often...I did not pull the trigger on that trade but I’m thinking down further or sideways for the near future.

Reactions: huskerfan66
We've been due for a correction for a long long time. The market has been ridiculous. I think it was about a year ago that I suggested on this board that a wicked correction back to the 16000 range back then wasn't an impossibility just based on long term trend lines.

Yes sir, my dad thinks it could go that far as well, he was saying under 16k just yesterday. But of course, who knows when or how close.

Nope. I'm not a hold'em guy, and I'm not a day trader either. We are in the latter stages of a bull market, based on what my broker shared with me (their analysis). I'll be out until November, just in case market goes belly up in October.

Been buying more index funds every day that is heading for a loss. Little bits for small drops and bigger chunks for bigger drops like today.

Not going to panic just like 2008.. plus when your retired you just take out what you need..
Worse thing you can do lately is take all your money out...
Obviously this may be stronger storm than in 2008 but when it’s over the market will bounce back not saying it reach back to 29,000 but 24,000-25,000 range..

Reactions: leodisflowers
ADVERTISEMENT