ADVERTISEMENT

Build a team around Mickey. Who are you choosing?

leodisflowers

Head Coach
Feb 25, 2011
North Carolina
HC - Mickey J
OC - Tom Herman
RB - Applewhite
TE - Beckton
WR - Mike Cassano - Keep him with input of Mickey
OL - Kody Kennedy

DC - Tim DeRuyter
DL - Charley Wiles
LB - Tony Gibson
CB - Fish
Safety - Aazaar Abdul-Rahim

Special Teams - Snyders Kid

Reactions: NikkiSixx
Trev is vetting other candidates
Joseph is obviously a candidate

is Joseph actively vetting potential coordinators and assistants?

Does trev update Joseph regarding his outside search?

Reactions: Jesseblackshirts43
Who has been coaching nickels the last few years? JoJo made that person look good.

Idk about position coaches other than a handful...

But if Mickey were HC on a dream team, I'd want either Chadwell or Grimes as OC! Either one would make this offense more "Nebraska" and dominant/physical.

DC...Mike Tressel would be pretty badass.

I do love Chadwell's offense. I was wondering if we hired a defensive guy like Leonard if Willy Korn might be an option for his OC.

Zach. C. is exactly what’s wrong with the Nebraska Sports Media, and the thought of TA listening to anyone like that is demented. Yes, fans like wide open, big pass happy offense. But what they like more is winning. Troy Calhoun. There is absolutely nothing prettier than a game winning , fourth quarter drive, that takes nine minutes. If you say, “people don’t like the ground and pound” that’s because they haven’t seen it in 24 years. He is the guy that says this offense cannot be successful in the BIG. Had Frost stuck to his word we’d be that team that we all envision, run the ball 45 times pass the ball 30 times. but you’d have a team that could kill the clock. I’m not saying he is the next coach I’m saying he offers a big option. Their defenses never quit they pursue to a man,

What are we missing, coach and player discipline, player development , straight talk, recruiting, and a game plan. All the academies offer that. We’ve talked about Eric B. for the HC position with no experience. These guys are loyal hard working and the most well disciplined staffs we could hope to find. They do more with less than any Power5 team in the country. You provide the right incentives for recruiting, winning, bowl games and these guys will get you to a bowl in two years. The local media are now saying this could take four years to get back on the right track. These guys could do it in two years, because they want it more.. I’m not saying he’s the right choice, I’m saying he’s a RIGHT choice, and only a knucklehead would dismiss that staff so frivolously.

HC - Mickey

OC - Donald
RB - Lady Kluck
TE - Ditka
WR - Lightning McQueen
OL - Shrek

DC - Hook
DL - Beast
LB - Bruce the shark
DB- Peter Pan

ST - Olaf

HC - Mickey J
OC - Tom Herman
RB - Applewhite
TE - Beckton
OL - Kody Kennedy

DC - Tim DeRuyter
DL - Charley Wiles
LB - Tony Gibson
CB - Fish

nice thread topic..

What if MJ brought back Bo, Marvin Sanders, & Tim Beck?

HC - saben
OC - gruden
RB - riley
TE - leech
WR - mickey
OL - belacheck

DC - dabo
DL - curby
LB - jimbo
CB - sanders
Safety - day

Special Teams -kiffen

Nil - buffet

AD - Dr. Tom

Last edited:
Who would I choose? For starters, not Mickey Joseph. We don't need another legacy to keep dragging the Tom Osborne led weight through the program..

The program needs a fresh start. The fans need to stop comparing every element of current and players and future teams to the 70s, 80s and 90s. The media needs to stop.

Start new. Wash this program and start something new and stop relying on the ghosts of past teams to carry future teams

Reactions: JRich52806
HC - Mickey J
OC - Tom Herman
RB - Applewhite
TE - Beckton
OL - Kody Kennedy

DC - Tim DeRuyter
DL - Charley Wiles
LB - Tony Gibson
CB - Fish

Love this list. I’d just swap out Marvin Sanders for CB

I’m half joking but CarlIs who you would bring back. He’s the best coach out of them. That part is true.
um no. He failed miserably at several duties of his job. Yeah maybe he was a good technique guy as far as coaching D linemen but we all know Bo was the DC. Carl isn't going to be let anywhere near this program again. Tom finally got rid of him after several years of trying.

um no. He failed miserably at several duties of his job. Yeah maybe he was a good technique guy as far as coaching D linemen but we all know Bo was the DC. Carl isn't going to be let anywhere near this program again. Tom finally got rid of him after several years of trying.
It’s a joke dude, but Carl is a hell of a D Line coach. Elite level and actually Carl was really the brains of the operation.

Reactions: NikkiSixx
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT