ADVERTISEMENT

Buford is N

I find it interesting that a lot of the kids from nu that go to the transfer portal haven’t been picked up, I don’t think chase has found a new school. So they just gave away a full ride scholarship for what?
I thought Chase landed at Portland State, or somewhere like that.

Last edited:
I don't get what the reclassification to the 2021 recruiting class is all about. Can someone explain that story and what were the pros/cons for him in that situation.

I don't get what the reclassification to the 2021 recruiting class is all about. Can someone explain that story and what were the pros/cons for him in that situation.

The quick answer, it gives a player like Buford and A Brown basically another senior year at a prep school. My best way to explain it is like this...it’s like Pre-K before kindergarten in a sense. But in this case pre college. And they still get 4 years to play like a normal high school recruit.

The quick answer, it gives a player like Buford and A Brown basically another senior year at a prep school. My best way to explain it is like this...it’s like Pre-K before kindergarten in a sense. But in this case pre college. And they still get 4 years to play like a normal high school recruit.
So does that mean they take an extra year to get to college but don't lose any college eligibility? It's like having 5 years of high school?

What would the pro for them be? Better chance to improve grades? Physically more mature?

So does that mean they take an extra year to get to college but don't lose any college eligibility?

they don’t lose any college eligibility. Only down side to prep ball is the cost of it. It can cost all the way up to 112 thousand dollars or something like that.

Ch2jnmX.gif

So does that mean they take an extra year to get to college but don't lose any college eligibility? It's like having 5 years of high school?

What would the pro for them be? Better chance to improve grades? Physically more mature?
Correct. Prep school is a 5th year of high school. It's like a juco year without losing a year of eligibility. It's a great option for kids who need another year to mature or another opportunity to show what they can do, sometimes against better competition depending on where they are coming from. The prep schools (not all) tend to have higher tuition rates and tough academics so it's not for everybody. Think Creighton Prep except CP can take recent HS grads for a 5th year and play against other prep schools.

Now we just have to keep him 4-5 more years. :Cool:

I hope he's good!
Sadly, it's getting to the point where you never know who is going to stay committed even after they've enrolled in school and lived on campus. So you have to take every commitment with a huge "let's wait and see if he ever plays for us". That's what it's all coming to where commitments mean less and less.

Sadly, it's getting to the point where you never know who is going to stay committed even after they've enrolled in school and lived on campus. So you have to take every commitment with a huge "let's wait and see if he ever plays for us". That's what it's all coming to where commitments mean less and less.

Crazy how the few that do it make us think about it.

Of course it seems to often be ones that we have high expectations for as well.

Chase did end up at Portland State. And welcome aboard Buford. Should be a solid DB with Fisher bringing him along. I know Rivals wasn’t very high on him but 24/7 has him as a 87 ranking, making him a higher 3 star (that is roughly a 5.6 3 star range for Rivals). Back to back Top Prep school players....GBR
I like NU going the prep school route for finding talent. They are a year older and have already been away from home for at least a year. The academics is usually tough. All in all, they should be much more ready for college than your typical H.S. senior. And that's good for a program like NU that's had to deal too many homesick kids or other issues in recent years.

Correct. Prep school is a 5th year of high school. It's like a juco year without losing a year of eligibility. It's a great option for kids who need another year to mature or another opportunity to show what they can do, sometimes against better competition depending on where they are coming from. The prep schools (not all) tend to have higher tuition rates and tough academics so it's not for everybody. Think Creighton Prep except CP can take recent HS grads for a 5th year and play against other prep schools.

You basically repeated everything I said and put it all together. All good though...you got a little more in-depth about it then I did. I gave a quick, brief answer. I love this pick up and they way Fisher is with player development, he could make Buford a star.

Yes..I'm considering this for my son in basketball. He is young for his grade. He was playing against 13 and 14 yr olds when he was only 12.

P. Justice.
I think actually it was Buford T. Justice....of Portague. Buford Pusser on the other hand....well. He was Walking Tall. I'm probably the only one on here old enough to remember the original movie..:oops:

I think actually it was Buford T. Justice....of Portague. Buford Pusser on the other hand....well. He was Walking Tall. I'm probably the only one on here old enough to remember the original movie..:oops:

You are probably correct.

Starred Bo Svenson - aka Joe Bob of North Dallas Forty fame...

Reactions: dinglefritz
They need a rule that you need to complete a season before you can transfer. Signing somewhere and then being able to quit in the summer is stupid.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT