ADVERTISEMENT

Buford commit this Saturday...

timnsun

Head Coach
Jan 25, 2008
Can those in the know provide some info on this kid? Looks like we’ve got a good shot at getting him... top rated prep player in the country, high school ball in Texas. But not a ton of offers.

Thanks in advance.

#1 Prep player, seems like a heck of an athlete.
I think we're going to see more offers like that where a kid is just a flat out athlete and maybe they don't know his position yet for sure. As they build depth and don't need freshmen to contribute so badly they'll get some guys who are just "football players" who could make an impact at a variety of spots.

A lot like they used to do with option QBs like Clester Johnson, Newcombe, etc.

He reported Nebraska was the only school keeping it open to either WR or DB. He’s friends with Alante Brown as he moved from Illinois (plus same prep school in CT) to Texas where he won 2 state championships and was an all state pick I think.
My guess is we may need DB more and Latrell Neville claimed they weren’t taking more WRs after he committed, but who knows.

I think we're going to see more offers like that where a kid is just a flat out athlete and maybe they don't know his position yet for sure. As they build depth and don't need freshmen to contribute so badly they'll get some guys who are just "football players" who could make an impact at a variety of spots.

A lot like they used to do with option QBs like Clester Johnson, Newcombe, etc.

I think that's totally true, Beav. Looking back at that UCF team that won out, they did that a lot with positions, it seems. If you rocked at something, you got to do it.

Read somewhere that he might be trying to reclassify. Huskers seeking a waiver for Gray leaving ( with Covid who knows what is possible). Which might slot him as a 2020 Recruit. Not sure how much merit there is to this scenario, maybe we’ll get a chance to see soon

Reactions: timnsun
giphy-downsized-large.gif

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT