ADVERTISEMENT

Buffs Part ways with Maclntyre

Well I heard fans wanted Miles haha Kansas stole there thunder. ESPN had Mark Helfrich and Dana Holgerson as possibilities

Well I heard fans wanted Miles haha Kansas stole there thunder. ESPN had Mark Helfrich and Dana Holgerson as possibilities
I'm not sure why Holgo would leave WVU for sCUm. Helfrich has some history there, but he seems to have a good gig as the Bears OC. I'm not confident he would be an upgrade over Mac. I have no idea what their budget is like, but have to think that Lance Leipold will be called to the white courtesy phone for a lot of these openings. I also wonder if Butch Jones will resurface at one of these lower jobs. I'm sure they will make a big push for Eric Bienemy. I would kick the tires on Jeff Tedford or Jim Leavitt. That said, I wish they end up with front-butt.

Reactions: huskerfan66
I'm not sure why Holgo would leave WVU for sCUm. Helfrich has some history there, but he seems to have a good gig as the Bears OC. I'm not confident he would be an upgrade over Mac. I have no idea what their budget is like, but have to think that Lance Leipold will be called to the white courtesy phone for a lot of these openings. I also wonder if Butch Jones will resurface at one of these lower jobs. I'm sure they will make a big push for Eric Bienemy. I would kick the tires on Jeff Tedford or Jim Leavitt. That said, I wish they end up with front-butt.

Eric Bienemy is the KC Chiefs offensive coordinator, I don’t see him leaving that gig for the Head Coaching job at Colorado at this present time..

CU already got burned once by Butch Jones, when he used Colorado for leverage when taking the Tennessee job. That wouldn't have been so bad, except that CU has an egomaniac blabbermouth SID who "anonymously" leaked to the media that Jones had been offered the job, so it ended up being pretty embarrassing. That's when they ended up hiring MacIntyre.

Eric Bienemy is the KC Chiefs offensive coordinator, I don’t see him leaving that gig for the Head Coaching job at Colorado at this present time..

Bienemy was a disaster at Colorado as Offensive Coordinator. Andy Reid coordinates the offense for the Chiefs, I don't think Bienemy has much to do with their success.

I think Walters makes a lot of sense, especially considering who else would be interested in the job.

Bienemy was a disaster at Colorado as Offensive Coordinator. Andy Reid coordinates the offense for the Chiefs, I don't think Bienemy has much to do with their success.

Never said Bienemy was the reason why the Chiefs are successful, just that he has the job title with the Chiefs. We know Reed calls the offensive plays..

CU already got burned once by Butch Jones, when he used Colorado for leverage when taking the Tennessee job. That wouldn't have been so bad, except that CU has an egomaniac blabbermouth SID who "anonymously" leaked to the media that Jones had been offered the job, so it ended up being pretty embarrassing. That's when they ended up hiring MacIntyre.
Good info. I hope they do worse this time.

Reactions: EATAFAT1
I bet Levitt gets called. When he left their D went south. Who knows if he’s interested but I’m guessing he is.
I thought I read somewhere, that there was a "handshake" deal to make Leavitt the "HC in waiting" when Snyder finally retired, but it all fell through for a variety of reasons. If Bobby Petrino can get a bunch of chances, I have to imagine Leavitt will merit some consideration, somewhere.

Players asked for either QB coach Roper or LB coach Ross Els (former NU coach) to be named interim. Went with Roper. I’ve heard Els mentioned several times as one of a couple/few that fans would like to be part of new staff.

I'd like to hear that dope @Scavenger thoughts. 6 in a row, welcome to the club! 'Cept our programs are going the opposite directions.

Bienemy has done alright with the Chiefs. And he’s learning under a great coach.

Bienemy is not the best mentor of youth in a college setting. He’s going to be an NFL head coach within 14 months, and that’s best result for everyone. CUs current hope is WVU’s coach

We aren’t really going in different directions, they are sitting still like they have been forever. We are just passing them by, fast.
Indeed, wash rinse repeat for them at this point. Guess I meant we started 0-6, they ended 0-6.

Bienemy is not the best mentor of youth in a college setting. He’s going to be an NFL head coach within 14 months, and that’s best result for everyone. CUs current hope is WVU’s coach

Why would he want to leave West Virginia for Colorado because Colorado isn’t going to throw that much money at his feet..

Supposedly, not appreciated by fan base, low buyout number. All fueled by ESPN mention as a possibility. Probably CU ends up scraping the G5 barrel, looking for the diamond.

When Slick Rick left CU years ago for U Dub he stated the main reason for leaving was because of how hard it was to get any financial support from the school. That of course was before CU got Pac 12 money.

ADVERTISEMENT